By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
G2ThaUNiT said:

That moving away from licensed games part, with at least 1 game cancelled, worries me that one of their 4 upcoming Star Wars projects got axed. Their Iron Man or Black Panther game could have been the one that got the ax though, instead of one of the 4 Star Wars games. 

Around the Network
G2ThaUNiT said:

I figured EA or Ubisoft would be next...

I'm scared the Ubisoft layoffs are going to be brutal...

shikamaru317 said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

That moving away from licensed games part, with at least 1 game cancelled, worries me that one of their 4 upcoming Star Wars projects got axed. Their Iron Man or Black Panther game could have been the one that got the ax though, instead of one of the 4 Star Wars games. 

If it's Disney IP then I'm not surprised, what Disney charges Sony is ridiculous and it actually makes me worried about stuff like Indiana Jones/Blade and how much Bethesda was pivoting to rely on them so I hope it doesn't go much further.

Then we see how much Fifa was trying to demand from EA...Fuck off, Lol.

Ryuu96 said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

Oh I'm sure they will be, Ubisoft is in an extremely rough shape, and they have to survive until Star Wars Outlaws, XDefiant, and AC Red have a chance of bailing them out later this year. I'm guessing we could be looking at 8% or higher layoffs for them, which when you have 19,000+ employees like Ubisoft, is alot of people laid off. 

All those “but the Xbox tax isn’t real” types… Dragon Dogma 2 is £59.99 on PS5, it’s £61.99 on Xbox. That’s literal Xbox tax right there. We entering into the timeline of the lowest selling community paying more.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Oh I'm sure they will be, Ubisoft is in an extremely rough shape, and they have to survive until Star Wars Outlaws, XDefiant, and AC Red have a chance of bailing them out later this year. I'm guessing we could be looking at 8% or higher layoffs for them, which when you have 19,000+ employees like Ubisoft, is alot of people laid off. 

Yeah, Outlaws should do well but apparently Prince of Persia underperformed, Avatar seems to have underperformed, Skull and Bones is probably a bomb, with over 20,000 employees they've had relatively "few" layoffs so far, I just have a bad feeling that's about to change soon and it's going to be a nasty one. Ubisoft isn't exactly a massive money maker.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 28 February 2024

Ryuu96 said:
shikamaru317 said:

If it's Disney IP then I'm not surprised, what Disney charges Sony is ridiculous and it actually makes me worried about stuff like Indiana Jones/Blade and how much Bethesda was pivoting to rely on them so I hope it doesn't go much further.

(An EA representative confirmed both Black Panther and Iron Man remain in development.)

Oh no, it probably was one of the 4 Star Wars games axed then. Hopefully it was the RTS game instead of one of the two shooters (Mandalorian game that leaked out recently or the other one they announced 2+ years ago) or Jedi's 3rd game.

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

(An EA representative confirmed both Black Panther and Iron Man remain in development.)

Oh no, it probably was one of the 4 Star Wars games axed then. Hopefully it was the RTS game instead of one of the two shooters (Mandalorian game that leaked out recently or the other one they announced 2+ years ago) or Jedi's 3rd game.

Most likely. EA doesn't give two shits about RTS games. *glares at Command & Conquer*

"Come back to the office so we can more effectively crunch the shit out of you, drain your souls, then fire you and anyone who refuses, we'll fire you too"

If I was a developer I wouldn't trust any publisher right now but that's probably why they announced it now, cause everyone is terrified about being laid off.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 28 February 2024

Productivity reasons? Yeah they're about to get crunched to death.......