By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:
konnichiwa said:

Doesn't benefit? How are the xbox sales lately?  Would make more sense if you talked about profits.

Anyway, whats going to be the situation with COD on Switch?  I assumed the next COD will release day one on switch 2 this year but now Switch 2 seems to be delayed MS must deliver it day one on the Switch?

New purchases:

- Alchemist Adventure
- 8Doors
- Another World

And how did it benefit PS owners to get the same game they would get without PS moneyhatting it? 

And you really believe Sony paying for some Japanese exclusives really reduced Xbox sales by a lot? 

There are a lot of reasons, especially because MS themselves are fine with lower console sales as long as people use their ecosystem and reasons like that games like FIFA are looked at as PS games in Europe but the moneyhatted Japanese games from Sony? That won't really do much to either console. Xbox could maybe have 1-2m more in sales if games like FF would be on Xbox. 

They would not have gotten the same game, it is clear that some SE games became better because Sony also lend devs to SE.

It reduced the sales in the past, it is reducing the sales now and it will reduce xbox sales in the future, in general SE/FF/KH fans will choose the PS ecosystem because it has the SE games they invested in and it has the games community..

konnichiwa said:
crissindahouse said:

And how did it benefit PS owners to get the same game they would get without PS moneyhatting it? 

And you really believe Sony paying for some Japanese exclusives really reduced Xbox sales by a lot? 

There are a lot of reasons, especially because MS themselves are fine with lower console sales as long as people use their ecosystem and reasons like that games like FIFA are looked at as PS games in Europe but the moneyhatted Japanese games from Sony? That won't really do much to either console. Xbox could maybe have 1-2m more in sales if games like FF would be on Xbox. 

They would not have gotten the same game, it is clear that some SE games became better because Sony also lend devs to SE.

It reduced the sales in the past, it is reducing the sales now and it will reduce xbox sales in the future, in general SE/FF/KH fans will choose the PS ecosystem because it has the SE games they invested in and it has the games community..

So, what do you think how many SE/FF/KH fans would have chosen an Xbox instead of a PS this generation if the same SE games would have released on Xbox?

There are obviously some but is it a number worth to talk about? It's really only worth to talk about if Xbox sales would be like 5-10m higher by now and not if Xbox would be +2m by now and PS -2m in sales. That's just irrelevant for MS to pump money in all these games. 

crissindahouse said:
konnichiwa said:

So, what do you think how many SE/FF/KH fans would have chosen an Xbox instead of a PS this generation if the same SE games would have released on Xbox?

There are obviously some but is it a number worth to talk about? It's really only worth to talk about if Xbox sales would be like 5-10m higher by now and not if Xbox would be +2m by now and PS -2m in sales. That's just irrelevant for MS to pump money in all these games. 

It would have been a significant number, a number that possible made some other devs not skip xbox, that again lead to more software sales and more console purchases and so on...

konnichiwa said:
crissindahouse said:

It would have been a significant number, a number that possible made some other devs not skip xbox, that again lead to more software sales and more console purchases and so on...

which third party games exactly do we talk about which missed Xbox and are so relevant to have millions of customers buying a PS instead of an Xbox. I mean, even if they would be on Xbox, most who bought them would own a PS instead of an Xbox but still curious which games we talk about which are the reason for so many buying a PS even though they would prefer an Xbox. 

Don't get me wrong, I would also like to see more games in the Xbox ecosystem but to me it's pretty clear that almost all who play these games would own a PS even if they would be on Xbox as well. 

MS knows that their console sales could be better. They lose many simply because all their games release on PC day one so that someone like me doesn't need an Xbox anymore. I'm sure that costs many more sales as some Japanese games missing Xbox. And yet MS is happy with it and doesn't take their games away from Steam. 

And Sony will also start to release all their games on PC day one. Maybe not now but in 5 years or maybe in 10 but the time will come and Sony will also lose some console sales and still be more successful with it. 

Last edited by crissindahouse - on 27 February 2024

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
crissindahouse said:

That team up has an impeccable track record.

shikamaru317 said:

My wishlist also disappeared, had to spend over a half an hour finding all of the games and DLC's  I had on there in the store and re-add them. I am still missing some, because I had over 70 before and only like 50 now, going to have to make another pass tomorrow and see if I can remember the missing ones (already remembered one I missed, River City Girls 2).

Looks like I was the first affected here, there are a good number of obscure indie games and DLC that I had in my wishlist that I likely won't be able to remember, tried to build it back up didn't even get to half of what I originally had.

chakkra said:
konnichiwa said:

That team up has an impeccable track record.

TheI’ll just throw in DioField Chronicle, Valkyrie Elysium, Tactics Ogre: Reborn, and Balan Wonderworld for good measure lol

When it comes to consistency, SE is lacking. 

hellobion2 said:

Hello guys I was wondering if any of you had modded xboxes! Because I have always found it cool seeing how people modify there xboxes to do many things like play different games etc.

You mean like ReroArch?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsGb63LMWkc&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bing.com%2F&embeds_referring_origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bing.com&source_ve_path=Mjg2NjY&feature=emb_logo

Bad lighting choice on that 2nd pic, here is a somewhat better one:

He has definitely aged alot in just 4 years though, just not 15 years in 4 years like it appears in the tweet.

This man overworks himself like crazy. Since 2002, he has appeared in the credits of at least 2 games per year, sometimes as many 9 games (in 2014 he was credited on 9 games). Just since that 2020 picture was taken he has appeared on the credits of 11 games, including FF7 Remake and FF7 Rebirth, major roles on most of them (roles like director, creative director, writer, character artist, concept designer, and creative producer). He is also currently the director, concept designer, writer, and character designer of 2 upcoming games, Kingdom Hearts Missing Link and Kingdom Hearts 4. So yeah, I can't say I'm surprised that he has aged so much in just 4 years.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 27 February 2024