By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
aTokenYeti said:

SIE announced 900 people are being laid off. I get these companies overhired during the pandemic, and a lot of this was self inflicted, but it’s getting really tiresome seeing record levels of sales and revenue being followed by layoffs.

Record revenue or profit?

Revenue doesn't mean anything if you have profit margins like Disney or Sony have had lately. It's all about profits. If they aren't there, it's natural to see cuts in expenses which means layoffs.

Around the Network

The house of PlayStation

>Raises price to £70
>Raises the price of their system
>Raises the price of their services
>Releases a VR device more expensive than the system itself then proceeded to not support it, proceeded to close its VR studio
>Triples down on GAAS the backpedals resulting in cancelled games
>Leaks show their AAA budgets have skyrocketed
>Lays off 10%? of their PS workforce
>Best selling system with very little profit margins

Something is broken at PS

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Dulfite said:
aTokenYeti said:

SIE announced 900 people are being laid off. I get these companies overhired during the pandemic, and a lot of this was self inflicted, but it’s getting really tiresome seeing record levels of sales and revenue being followed by layoffs.

Record revenue or profit?

Revenue doesn't mean anything if you have profit margins like Disney or Sony have had lately. It's all about profits. If they aren't there, it's natural to see cuts in expenses which means layoffs.

The new CEO Totoki, the one who doesn't like PS's profit margins, doesn't even take over as CEO for another month. 

If he still doesn't like the profit margins when he takes over, then further layoffs will be on the horizon. I'm surprised Media Molecule has survived so far. 

VersusEvil said:

The house of PlayStation

>Raises price to £70
>Raises the price of their system
>Raises the price of their services
>Releases a VR device more expensive than the system itself then proceeded to not support it, proceeded to close its VR studio
>Triples down on GAAS the backpedals resulting in cancelled games
>Leaks show their AAA budgets have skyrocketed
>Lays off 10%? of their PS workforce
>Best selling system with very little profit margins

Something is broken at PS

PS have done all these shitty things and somehow Xbox are still getting outsold 3 to 1, managing to find new ways to embarrass themselves and disappoint their user base.

Like a 2 horse race where PS are limping toward the finish and Xbox still don't know how to operate the starting gate.

Meanwhile Nintendo are on a beach island somewhere enjoying the sun, sipping on Mai Tais and completely indifferent to the AAA iceberg that's about to hit everyone else.

8% of their workforce, but I am surprised they close down London studio, they made eyetoy games and the last game was VR worlds from 2017?

Around the Network

The best part about Dragon's Dogma 2 releasing soon, I can experience at launch and just pray that it at least gets a lock 30fps. Then later this year I can experience it again on PS5 Pro where it may even have close to smooth 60fps.

Then I can also play all the Japanese moneyhat games Sony wasted money on which don't benefit PS5 owners, hurts some of us Xbox owners, doesn't really change how either system would sell, but allows their fanboys to win Console Warz or something.

Good thing MS didn't want to over-pay for those Japanese games. They would rather spend the GDP of a small country to buy huge studios and pump out hits like Redfall. It's like killing two birds with one stone, if the birds are Xbox owners.

Shaunodon said:

The best part about Dragon's Dogma 2 releasing soon, I can experience at launch and just pray that it at least gets a lock 30fps. Then later this year I can experience it again on PS5 Pro where it may even have close to smooth 60fps.

Then I can also play all the Japanese moneyhat games Sony wasted money on which don't benefit PS5 owners, hurts some of us Xbox owners, doesn't really change how either system would sell, but allows their fanboys to win Console Warz or something.

Good thing MS didn't want to over-pay for those Japanese games. They would rather spend the GDP of a small country to buy huge studios and pump out hits like Redfall. It's like killing two birds with one stone, if the birds are Xbox owners.

Doesn't benefit? How are the xbox sales lately?  Would make more sense if you talked about profits.

Anyway, whats going to be the situation with COD on Switch?  I assumed the next COD will release day one on switch 2 this year but now Switch 2 seems to be delayed MS must deliver it day one on the Switch?

New purchases:

- Alchemist Adventure
- 8Doors
- Another World

konnichiwa said:
Shaunodon said:

Doesn't benefit? How are the xbox sales lately?  Would make more sense if you talked about profits.

Anyway, whats going to be the situation with COD on Switch?  I assumed the next COD will release day one on switch 2 this year but now Switch 2 seems to be delayed MS must deliver it day one on the Switch?

New purchases:

- Alchemist Adventure
- 8Doors
- Another World

And how did it benefit PS owners to get the same game they would get without PS moneyhatting it? 

And you really believe Sony paying for some Japanese exclusives really reduced Xbox sales by a lot? 

There are a lot of reasons, especially because MS themselves are fine with lower console sales as long as people use their ecosystem and reasons like that games like FIFA are looked at as PS games in Europe but the moneyhatted Japanese games from Sony? That won't really do much to either console. Xbox could maybe have 1-2m more in sales if games like FF would be on Xbox. 

The hell you all arguing about now? 😂

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition