By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Wonder how many people are going to rage about it being 1st person 👀

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Someone tell this dude to shut the fuck up.

Organic growth?

I think this is separate from the Star Wars FPS that Respawn was announced to be working on, Henderson is saying this Mandalorian game is early development and Respawn was announced to be making the Star Wars FPS 2 years ago. Also the Star Wars FPS was announced as being directed by Peter Hirschmann, while Grubb said this Mandalorian game was being directed by Mohammad Alavi originally but that he recently left Respawn, so the game would have a new director now. Unless the Star Wars FPS has gone through 3 directors in 2 years, this should be a different game from the FPS announced 2 years ago.

So, this would mean we have 4 Star Wars games in development at Respawn now. Jedi #3, FPS (possibly multiplayer to replace the aging EA Battlefront 2), Mandalorian, and the strategy game in collaboration with Bit Reactor.

Lol...If Switch really is 2025 then 2024 will be rough for the gaming industry...

It needs a shot in the arm until GTA 6.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 16 February 2024

Ryuu96 said:

Lol...If Switch really is 2025 then 2024 will be rough for the gaming industry...

I'm skeptical, the source of the Switch 2 delay rumor is a random Brazilian journalist I've never heard of. He claims he heard it from 5 different sources, but that doesn't mean much. We've previously heard late 2024 from multiple sources. The other VGC just reached out to 2 of their sources who work at studios making Switch 2 games, and both said their games are targeting early 2025, but declined to comment on whether that meant Switch 2 itself was delayed to early 2025 or if their games are simply targeting a later release than the console itself.

I really don't see much point in a delay here, supposedly the T239 Switch 2 chipset was completed awhile ago, so they should have plenty of time to build up enough units to meet launch demand before Holiday 2024. Unless some key launch exclusive got delayed I just don't see why they would delay the whole console.

Around the Network

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Ryuu96 said:

2024 is probably going to be a major market correction year. Probably a lot more layoffs on the way and I would not be surprised to see several studios close as well. 

Switch is still selling quite well for a console that's 8 years old. So I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo just said "Hey, we're still moving a lot of units let's wait another year". That said, I hope it comes this year, I want some new hardware!

NobleTeam360 said:

Switch is still selling quite well for a console that's 8 years old. So I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo just said "Hey, we're still moving a lot of units let's wait another year". That said, I hope it comes this year, I want some new hardware!

Industry needs it though 😅

Ryuu96 said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Industry needs it though 😅

I dont get it. MS has said they have several big games coming this year and Ive bought like 5 games for the Switch already this year with several more in the coming months.