By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
PixelPirate said:

As the dust has settled (until Thursday), I came to realize it doesnt matter to me anymore what Xbox does in the future. After 10 years of waiting for things to get better, I'm jumping ship.

I won't buy any Xbox hardware and games anymore. Just going to use Gamepass now and then.

Xbox puts the lowest effort in Europe and localisation of the big three. This is getting worse each and every year. Also, all my friends switched to Switch and Playstation nowadays. I'm the last one still playing on Xbox.

I hope they go completely multiplatform.

You’ve waited 10yrs, you can wait till Thursday no?

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:

You say they are doing both but where are the games?  Why do we have to wait till May for the first game? Especially when they said they will have a game each quarter...

Because it regularly takes 4-6+ years to make a new game. Games are frequently delayed out of their intended launch window. 

Some of the easier ports are a few months of work. 

konnichiwa said:
Ryuu96 said:

I'm going to let you in on a little secret...Are you ready for this? It's shocking.

They can do both.

And they are doing both.

Also, People Can Fly is a funny example, since they are making a game for Xbox, Lol.

You say they are doing both but where are the games?  Why do we have to wait till May for the first game? Especially when they said they will have a game each quarter...

I used People can fly as an hypothetical example because they made gears Judgement....

5-4 months ago we had Starfield/Forza Motorsport and now you're already back on the "no games" train because they missed a single quarter, Lol.

But sure, in your mind, it's as simple as, "surely if they used the minor amount of cash and employees they're using to port a few titles, it would get us Hellblade II in March instead!" Lmao. You have a very simple view of development where the only thing which matters if how many bodies are thrown at the game.

I'm not sure, what relation Gears Judgement has, Judgement wasn't a port and PCF are CURRENTLY working on an Xbox IP, Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 13 February 2024

Sooooo, what # game you on this year ?? 👀

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

VersusEvil said:

Sooooo, what # game you on this year ?? 👀

sea of thieves

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
konnichiwa said:

Because it regularly takes 4-6+ years to make a new game. Games are frequently delayed out of their intended launch window. 

Some of the easier ports are a few months of work. 

I would agree,  but Xbox has the issue of not releasing many games,  studios like Undead labs/The iniatiative/Ninja Theory/Compulsion games who have been acquired or started up in 2018 still did not release their games and yeah Ninja Theory will be releasing soon...

The promise was made many times, and Sarah bond made the last promise in October if I am not mistaken.  She is only a few months doing her job but already she is failing and at best she may hope Avowed or Indiana jones don't get delayed or she will be wrong twice.

easier + months of work  =  doesn't sound good.    Because it literally means that it will take money or effort to do so....or you get extern support or do it internally. 

I am fine with porting so long they keep their promises....

As an Xbox and Nintendo gamer, I'd prefer MS come to some sort of agreement with Nintendo that the Switch would be the unofficial Y platform, being able to play all MS owned games on the go or upscale on television, with MS receiving larger royalties from Nintendo than the typical 3rd party developer would as compensation for the Switch 2 hardware sales boosts from the MS games.

MS releasing a Y themselves with only their games on it would probably be as niche as the PC handheld are, maybe a bit better, certainly not worth the R&D.

Making Switch 2 the unofficial Y model would increase profits greatly, reduce expenses greatly, and sticks it to Playstation especially as they are gearing up to release a handheld themselves.

Ryuu96 said:
konnichiwa said:

I used People can fly as an hypothetical example because they made gears Judgement....

5-4 months ago we had Starfield/Forza Motorsport and now you're already back on the "no games" train because they missed a single quarter, Lol.

But sure, in your mind, it's as simple as, "surely if they used the minor amount of cash and employees they're using to port a few titles, it would get us Hellblade II in March instead!" Lmao. You have a very simple view of development where the only thing which matters if how many bodies are thrown at the game.

I'm not sure, what relation Gears Judgement has, Judgement wasn't a port and PCF are CURRENTLY working on an Xbox IP, Lol.

If you promise in October to release a game each quarter but then fail already the first quarter of the year....Well it is bad...

When I say  Baldurs gate III took 3 months to port to xbox it doesn't mean porting is easy, in fact it means porting takes time and effort...

I encourage to make games like Hellblade II so long they keep their promises...

I used people can fly because they made gears judgement,  People could have got 30 million to port some xbox games to other platforms like the gears games as an example.   Do I think they are porting games with the money?  Honestly I don't know because it is all rumours...but if you say they are currently working on an Xbox IP it could be gears related considering their experience

Changing the argument, I'm done.

konnichiwa said:

I would agree,  but Xbox has the issue of not releasing many games,  studios like Undead labs/The iniatiative/Ninja Theory/Compulsion games who have been acquired or started up in 2018 still did not release their games and yeah Ninja Theory will be releasing soon...

The promise was made many times, and Sarah bond made the last promise in October if I am not mistaken.  She is only a few months doing her job but already she is failing and at best she may hope Avowed or Indiana jones don't get delayed or she will be wrong twice.

easier + months of work  =  doesn't sound good.    Because it literally means that it will take money or effort to do so....or you get extern support or do it internally. 

I am fine with porting so long they keep their promises....

That's the state of the industry.

30 years ago, you made 100 1-million dollar games, and now you make 1 100-million dollar game that takes 6 years to make.

1 game a quarter is the goal, a difficult goal with the current industry. You get to that goal by expanding your development, maybe padding out your lineup with smaller games, other things like having a good production pipeline that alternates between a preproduction team and a full production team, having support teams, etc. 

And even then you can have some misses.

Edit:

Ryuu96 said:

Changing the argument, I'm done.

Sorry bud.

Last edited by the-pi-guy - on 13 February 2024