By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Probably won't watch it either. I'll just check Empire and VGC articles to get whatever details are given out.

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:

Probably won't watch it either. I'll just check Empire and VGC articles to get whatever details are given out.

Nah....

https://www.theverge.com/2024/2/12/24067370/microsoft-xbox-playstation-switch-games-future-hardware

New verge article, Hifi Rush and Pentiment will be the first two released on other consoles according to them, with SoT to follow later. Other titles are under consideration.

Xbox picked basically the only time in the week I wouldn't be able to watch it when it comes out. Hoping for details on future hardware.

Zippy6 said:

https://www.theverge.com/2024/2/12/24067370/microsoft-xbox-playstation-switch-games-future-hardware

New verge article, Hifi Rush and Pentiment will be the first two released on other consoles according to them, with SoT to follow later. Other titles are under consideration.

Xbox picked basically the only time in the week I wouldn't be able to watch it when it comes out. Hoping for details on future hardware.

Hi-Fi Rush, Pentiment and Sea of Thieves has me 😴 so far

Why would Tom tease a big exclusive coming to PlayStation but not write about it in his dang article.

Why am I excited for Halo coming to PS5 for some reason.

BiON!@ 

Around the Network

Pentiment was so obvious with Josh Sawyer straight up saying he wanted it on other platforms, Lol.

Wonder if it's 1 of the 4 that Nate heard about, the last one I feel is either Flight Simulator or Grounded.

Ryuu96 said:

Podcast format is interesting, it wasn't expected but it makes a lot of sense, if anyone doesn't watch Xbox Podcast it's basically pre-recorded for release every Thursday and it's in video format too, not only audio. It's good that all 3 of them are there and not just throwing Sarah under the bus as the original rumours stated, Lol. Phil/Sarah/Matt know each other well so it could end up being a fairly chill atmosphere.

Gives them time to waffle on in detail about their decisions too. It's also covering all 3 basis, Phil (business strategy change), Sarah (Game Pass + Hardware?) and Matt (Games). I'm not predicting anything but honestly a podcast format feels very...low-key/tame, for what is "apparently" industry shattering announcements ()

If this is just Sea of Thieves (6 year old GAAS port) and a bunch of smaller titles like Hi-Fi Rush, Pentiment, Grounded, etc, then, Lol.

FYI Nate says he has heard that HFR for Switch was scrapped, Lmao. Not for PS5 though. Switch 2 only maybe?

Since the Nintendo looking T-shirt was datamined from a recent update, that indicates that they still have a plan to release it on a Nintendo system. Possibly meaning that HFR is set to go multiplat around the time Switch 2 is planned to hit the market.

As for what to expect in terms of announcements, if they plan to release some more bigger titles on other systems, I probably wouldn't hit the Xbox community with the whole list in this podcast, given how the reactions have been.

I think it's better to slowly get them used to this strategy, opening with a couple of titles. And then later in the year intruduce a few more.

That said, I also think it would be a good idea of them to outright refute a few rumors in this podcast regarding some bigger titles that aren't planned, like Starfield for perhaps.

Last edited by Hiku - on 12 February 2024

Ryuu96 said:
Zippy6 said:

Hi-Fi Rush, Pentiment and Sea of Thieves has me 😴 so far

Why would Tom tease a big exclusive coming to PlayStation but not write about it in his dang article.

They were never going to jump straight in the deep end with porting something major like Halo. I doubt any major franchise comes to other consoles this year even if it is in their plans.

My guess is flight sim too as that was specified in the discord leak. So Hifi rush, Pentiment, Sea of Thieves and Flight Sim 24 the ports for 2024 and then we'll see what happens in 2025.

That's what I'm expecting ATM anyway, let's see if Thursday will turn that on its head.

I don't think they'll wait for Nintendo unless Nintendo wants them too and I doubt Nintendo gives a shit about Hi-Fi Rush being a launch title for Switch 2 in the grand scheme of things so I imagine Hi-Fi Rush comes to PS5 first (Q1/Q2) and then Switch 2 at the end of the year. Pentiment theoretically should be the first one which launches on both PS5 and Switch. Sea of Thieves at the end of the year (PS5/Switch 2 only?).

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 12 February 2024

Zippy6 said:

So, we have two of the lowest selling Xbox 1st party games in recent years, which are likely being put on other consoles simply to grow their fanbase ahead of a possible sequel, and those ports won't be until Q4 this year (nearly 2 years after HiFi released and about 2 years since Pentiment released), and we have Sea of Thieves, a GaaS game from 2018, which based on these leaks, won't be ported until 2025 most likely, 7 years after release.

Not so bad so far. As long as they stick to smaller and older games like this I won't mind so much, others I wouldn't mind include Grounded, Battletoads, Tell Me Why, and Psychonauts 2 on Switch 2. Just don't do anything crazy and stupid like porting Halo, Gears, Forza Horizon, Starfield, Indiana Jones, etc. Basically don't port anything AAA unless it is very old like Ryse or Quantum Break or something and you are porting it purely to grow the fanbase ahead of a planned sequel (and both of those are unlikely to ever get a sequel sadly). AAA exclusives are mainly what moves Xbox hardware, if AAA exclusives start to disappear, many consumers will see no reason to buy Xbox hardware over PC or PS or Switch 2.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 12 February 2024