By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Dulfite said:
shikamaru317 said:

It was a 1 year timed exclusivity deal, so late June at the earliest. However, FF7 Remake was also  said to be a 1 year timed deal and we still don't have an Xbox port nearly 4 years later, so......

Yeah, 7R makes absolutely no sense to me. Porting any PS5 game to a Series X should be something 10 dude's in their mqom's basement could whip up on a long weekend. Series S would take longer but shouldn't take even close to 3-4 years. They must not think it would sell hardly any at all on Xbox.

Well, the initial rumor was that Sony paid to extend the exclusivity by an additional year, but then the 2 year anniversary came and nothing. So by that point the decision had to be on Square Enix themselves, for whatever reason the previous President of Square, Yosuke Matsuda, just didn't like Xbox at all. In March last year it was announced that Matsuda would be replaced as President by Takashi Kiryu who has so far been much more open to Xbox releases than Matsuda ever was (we're getting FF14 on Xbox over 4 years after Phil announced they were working with Square to bring it to Xbox, we got an unexpected port of Dragon Quest Infinity Strash, an unexpected port of Visions of Mana, we're getting a late port of Octopath 2). But so far, nearly 9 months after Kiryu replaced Matsuda, FF7R still hasn't been announced for Xbox, it's baffling, because out of all of Square's recent singleplayer games it was the most popular, and therefore the most likely to find success on Xbox.

At this point I have to wonder if they're just waiting on the 3 months timed exclusivity period for FF7 Reload to end in May, and then will release both FF7 Remake and FF7 Reload as part of a two game bundle on Xbox or something. 

Quite alot of other Square games from recent years or that are upcoming still haven't been announced for Xbox as well, so even though Kiryu is alot more Xbox friendly than Matsuda was, there is still alot of negotiating work that Xbox needs to do with Square to get some more games ported over, including:

• FF Pixel Remasters
  • SaGa: Emerald Beyond
  • Star Ocean: The 2nd Story R
  • Live A Live Remake
  • Valkyrie Elysium
  • Trials of Mana remake
  • Neo: The World Ends With You
Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 10 February 2024

Around the Network

One thing that sticks out to me, it is humorous how interested those on other platforms are to play Xbox exclusives all of a sudden, a lot of "I can't wait to play this and that on PS5/Switch" and now disappointment that the rumour has changed from a full multiplatform release to a limited multiplatform release. There sure was a lot of hype from those on other platforms to play Xbox exclusives though, Lol.

Goes with what I said the other day, it isn't the games that are the issue, very obvious now that people want the Xbox games, they simply don't want the hardware for whatever reason. It's a funny observation after sitting through years of "Xbox has no games" now all of a sudden people are wanting Sea of Thieves, Starfield, Hi-Fi Rush, Forza Horizon, Halo, etc.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 10 February 2024

Ryuu96 said:

One thing that sticks out to me, it is humorous how interested those on other platforms are to play Xbox exclusives all of a sudden, a lot of "I can't wait to play this and that on PS5/Switch" and now disappointment that the rumour has changed from a full multiplatform release to a limited multiplatform release. There sure was a lot of hype from those on other platforms to play Xbox exclusives though, Lol.

Goes with what I said the other day, it isn't the games that are the issue, very obvious now that people want the Xbox games, they simply don't want the hardware for whatever reason. It's a funny observation after sitting through years of "Xbox has no games" now all of a sudden people are wanting Sea of Thieves, Starfield, Hi-Fi Rush, Forza Horizon, Halo, etc.

Yeah "Xbox has no gamez" sure has flown out the window now, their mask is off. Guess they can buy a cheap Series S for $200 or build a budget gaming PC if they want to play them that bad. Or even play them on Cloud if they have the internet for it. 

Ryuu96 said:

Where are you seeing this? Ive not seen anyone say this. Sounds like something some PS and Nintendo fans say to troll Xbox fans.

KLXVER said:
Ryuu96 said:

Where are you seeing this? Ive not seen anyone say this. Sounds like something some PS and Nintendo fans say to troll Xbox fans.

Twitter/ResetEra, unless you believe that nobody is excited to play any of these games on Switch/PS5?

Some of it is definitely trolling, but a lot of it seems like genuine excitement to me.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
KLXVER said:

Twitter/ResetEra, unless you believe that nobody is excited to play any of these games on Switch/PS5?

Some of it is definitely trolling, but a lot of it seems like genuine excitement to me.

I can see people excited for some. Like Starfield and Indiana Jones. I think people who wants to play Halo, Forza, Gears etc already have an Xbox or are playing them on PC. Just seems weird to me that PS and Nintendo fans are super excited to play 4-15 year old Xbox games.

I dont see it happening either way tbh. I dont know what MS is planning, but Im sure the rumors are way overblown at this point.

Ryuu96 said:

I imagine that would be the reaction of any fan base tbf. If PS games were going multiplat to Xbox/Switch I'm sure those two fan bases would be hyping it up to high heavens and the same if Nintendo games were going multiplat. 

Ryuu96 said:

It's funny to see PlayStation fans port begging despite the discourse online about Xbox 1st party games, the funniest comment I saw is that "Starfield sucks again" after Nate backtracked on the rumor lol

All of a sudden people were cured of their motion sickness when they heard the possibility of Indy coming to PS5.

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Yeah "Xbox has no gamez" sure has flown out the window now, their mask is off. Guess they can buy a cheap Series S for $200 or build a budget gaming PC if they want to play them that bad. Or even play them on Cloud if they have the internet for it. 

I mean Bethesda alone released more games than Sony did last year.

EspadaGrim said:
Ryuu96 said:

It's funny to see PlayStation fans port begging despite the discourse online about Xbox 1st party games, the funniest comment I saw is that "Starfield sucks again" after Nate backtracked on the rumor lol

All of a sudden people were cured of their motion sickness when they heard the possibility of Indy coming to PS5.

PS first party looking pretty dry this year (and last year) so they might need something to cling to at this point. 

Edit: Granted, Sony has locked down some 3rd party moneyhats so that could satisfy them while Sony First party cooks.

Last edited by NobleTeam360 - on 10 February 2024