By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Imaginedvl said:
Machiavellian said:

Interesting, I for one actually got bored and quite the demo before finishing.  I probably will complete it tonight but outside of the graphics nothing was sticking with me.  I guess FF just isn't a game I care a lot about a I have not played the series for a very long time.

Did you play the Remake? I played it like 3 times, so maybe I'm kind of eager for the next chapter and story, so my hype is helping :D 

I have it on my PS5 but I have not played it yet.  I probably will get around to doing it before the release of the second game as I believe the second one is much bigger and more diverse than the first but knowing me, I probably will not get the second game well into next year.  I do understand the excitement for the game especially for those FF 7 diehards but I was never one of those people who gell with FF that much.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Thank FUCK.

The layoffs aren't new/additional to the 1,900 either FYI. It's just California's WARN act and the same warning as I posted a few days ago. So what it looks like here is the office is being closed down due to the layoffs and WFH, they're likely downsizing to a smaller location or maybe even becoming fully remote, Sledgehammer closed one of their offices down recently as well to downsize.

You know you guys are going to cry yourself into another universe over a bunch of rumors you have no clear understanding on anything that is going on.  Lol, when are you going to learn to take everything with that grain of salt and just be patience.  Pieced meal rumors lead to a bunch of piece meal opinions and you still have no clue the total internal situation.

Ryuu96 said:

Sucks to hear Jeff Strain (Undead Labs founder, left years ago to create multiple studios) has also suffered layoffs at his studios too.

That is because this is an industry wide issue.  Meaning that every company has to make some hard decisions in order to survive.  

Why do people think MS is going to take studios off COD? That’s never happening.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Around the Network
VersusEvil said:

Why do people think MS is going to take studios off COD? That’s never happening.

True, MS would be a fool to mess with a billion dollar IP but I believe if MS move COD to a 2 year cycle it will allow one or even 2 studios to be off of COD and do their own thing.  Its going to be a balance act because COD still needs to bring in the money but it would probably be better if the game did have more time to be content rich.

Machiavellian said:
VersusEvil said:

True, MS would be a fool to mess with a billion dollar IP but I believe if MS move COD to a 2 year cycle it will allow one or even 2 studios to be off of COD and do their own thing.  Its going to be a balance act because COD still needs to bring in the money but it would probably be better if the game did have more time to be content rich.

I think the most likely scenario (minus still doing yearly releases) is 3 years of releases then 1 year off as there are 3 main developers for the franchise. So it goes from 3 years on average to develop a new entry up to 4 years.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

This wouldn't surprise me honestly. ABK grew by thousands of employees over the course of just a couple of years. I highly doubted they weren't going to be affected by the layoffs issues the industry as a whole is experiencing if they were still independent. Kotick always prioritized profits margins and revenue above all else. 

@Spade are you going to play Granblue Fantasy Relink?

G2ThaUNiT said:

This wouldn't surprise me honestly. ABK grew by thousands of employees over the course of just a couple of years. I highly doubted they weren't going to be affected by the layoffs issues the industry as a whole is experiencing if they were still independent. Kotick always prioritized profits margins and revenue above all else. 

Cannot attributed fully, but some of it does?

Anyway strange that they could not stop it or choose to not reverse that decision.

Kind of finished playing brotato; basically a Vampire Survivors light game, don't think I will complete it because it is a long grind to finish the game with +- 40 characters.

Finished Anucard, I enjoyed that game just wished it had no missables.