By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

The Tremendous Yet Troubled State of Gaming in 2024 — MatthewBall.co

I think I need to learn to disconnect from the internet sometimes and just take a break

Really ain't doing me any favours, I don't like being negative or feeling negative. Today was meant to be Yakuza day and I spent an hour playing it and the rest filled with anger at the industry, Lol. We'll have a fresh set of layoffs next week...Pretty sure Rocksteady is going to get hammered too and they were a favourite studio of mine. Was upset when Bungie announced layoffs even though I don't play their games anymore and like Activision-Blizzard some of their layoffs didn't make sense either.

I'm worried 4A Games is going to get gutted by Embracer as well...

I mean, at this point it's basically just throwing a dart at the board and picking the studio, nobody is safe.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 25 January 2024

Around the Network

I thought that bug only happened when the multi-quote is used, but not used.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DroidKnight said:

I thought that bug only happened when the multi-quote is used, but not used.

Hey you quoted me? lol

And yes I was using multi quote.

I was testing with you and Ryuu.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

What version of Yakuza Infinite Wealth is everyone getting? I want the physical version and will probably add the Deluxe upgrade later if it will be available separately. The New Game + paywalled has me concerned.

Around the Network
DroidKnight said:

What version of Yakuza Infinite Wealth is everyone getting? I want the physical version and will probably add the Deluxe upgrade later if it will be available separately. The New Game + paywalled has me concerned.

Got the Ultimate edition wishlisted - I'll buy that when it goes down to like $20 or so - that is what I did with all the recent ones.

I'm getting the regular edition of Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth

Indie devs laughing as the AAA industry is starting to crash.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Not sure which version of Infinite Wealth I will buy yet, as I'm not buying day one since I'm not caught up on the rest of the series yet (tomorrow I start 5, then I have 6, 7, and Gaiden to play after that). So I will be waiting on a good sale to buy Infinite Wealth, so probably whichever version I can get for $30 or less sometime later in 2024, most likely standard, though if Ultimate drops in price enough I could get it. Deluxe isn't worth it, looks like the only thing it has that standard doesn't is New Game+ which I don't care about. Ultimate adds the costume pack including swimsuits for the lovely female party members, and of course numerous gameplay and leveling booster packs.

Ryuu96 said:

FFS. Who's going to make my spyro and crash games now? 2 of the only Activision franchises I actually care about.