By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

If they are basically rebooting with season 2 I might just watch. Season 1 I skipped due to several design choices I disagreed with, from ugly human skin Cortana to showing John's face way too soon.

Around the Network

I still think the first season wasn't that bad (of the Halo show). I'd say like a 6/10. Seems S2 will be covering the fall of Reach so I'm caustiously optimistic it will be much better than the first season.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

The CoD release cycle is such a huge mess these days. There used to be a proper 3 studio rotation where each studio got 3 years per game, but now it is just all over the place:

• 2012- Treyarch- Black Ops 2
  • 2013- Infinity Ward- Ghosts
  • 2014- Sledgehammer- Advanced Warfare

• 2015- Treyarch- Black Ops 3
  • 2016- Infinity Ward- Infinite Warfare
  • 2017- Sledgehammer- WW2

• 2018- Treyarch- Black Ops 4
  • 2019- Infinity Ward- Modern Warfare Reboot
  • 2020- Treyarch- Black Ops Cold War

• 2021- Sledgehammer- Vanguard
  • 2022- Infinity Ward- MW2 
  • 2023- Sledgehammer- MW3

• 2024- Treyarch- Black Ops Gulf War
  • 2025- Treyarch- Black Ops (near future setting between Black Ops 2 and 3)
  • 2026- Infinity Ward- Modern Warfare (4?)

• 2027- Sledgehammer

The issue began in late 2018 when Treyarch was overseeing Sledgehammer's development of Black Ops Cold War, they were unhappy with how the game was shaping up under Sledgehammer after it's first year of development under them and took the game from them to reboot it and finish it themselves, which threw a wrench into the whole dev cycle, Black Ops Cold War only got 2 years of development instead of 3 years as a result. Ever since then the 3 year, 3 studio rotation has been f-ed up, with Sledgehammer only being given 2 years to make MW3, and now Treyarch forced to release 2 Black Ops games back to back in 2024 and 2025. 

Phil badly needs to step in at this point and take CoD off of a set yearly schedule, these studios need more than 3 years as it is, let alone 2 years in some cases, this strict yearly release schedule is keeping nearly every Activision studio working on CoD, keeping studios capable of individual development like Beenox, Toys for Bob, and High Moon stuck on CoD support when they could instead be working on other Activision IP's. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 24 January 2024

Interesting to hear that there are some people that have some interest in watching the halo tv show! So let's hope the second season turns things around with the Fall of Reach.

BiON!@ 

Around the Network

That Pokemon company statement feels a bit like a nothing statement, almost like a "yeah, we know about it, we are investigating it, stop pestering us" Lol. I've seen a few lawyers say that they would be unlikely to win, is it even worth it, likely going to make the game even more popular if they do sue it, Lol. At most they'd probably get a few designs changed, not take down the entire game.

Having said that, it's also why Microsoft isn't likely to heavily advertise the game, not until all the legal issues are sorted.

Ryuu96 said:

That Pokemon company statement feels a bit like a nothing statement, almost like a "yeah, we know about it, we are investigating it, stop pestering us" Lol. I've seen a few lawyers say that they would be unlikely to win, is it even worth it, likely going to make the game even more popular if they do sue it, Lol. At most they'd probably get a few designs changed, not take down the entire game.

Having said that, it's also why Microsoft isn't likely to heavily advertise the game, not until all the legal issues are sorted.

Yes the statement is basically them saying to stop filling their inbox about it. They've obviously known about palworld since it was announced, it was called pokemon with guns since the first trailer. Even if there was a case I don't see this would end any way other than just a settlement and them changing some assets. The game has made far too much money to disappear. But it would be one way to make millions of people hate you even more lol.

Zippy6 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Yes the statement is basically them saying to stop filling their inbox about it. They've obviously known about palworld since it was announced, it was called pokemon with guns since the first trailer. Even if there was a case I don't see this would end any way other than just a settlement and them changing some assets. The game has made far too much money to disappear. But it would be one way to make millions of people hate you even more lol.

Yup. They've been able to investigate it for 3 years now, I can't see anything happening now.

I also understand protecting IP is important but this looks different enough that it's still safe for TPC to let live whilst taking them to court would result in more cons than pros for TPC. The game is far too popular (and liked) at this point, the negative reaction towards TPC would be quite large and in the meantime they'd make it even more popular.

Even if they won, nothing about the gameplay mechanics infringed on anything, so they'd either change a few designs as we said or even if it got taken down, they'd surely be able to re-release it later but with different designs. The game isn't selling as well as it is and as loved as it is because the designs "look like Pokemon" and it'd be very naïve to think otherwise, clearly the game is fun at its core, its gameplay, which is nothing like Pokemon.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 25 January 2024

Today, I am Kiwi.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 25 January 2024

Maybe they're just pushing it to the limit until the playstation deal expires, then removing the yearly release cycle.