By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
trunkswd said:

Thoughts on new avatar? Yes, it is future Trunks from DBZ, which is where my online name came from.

Nice change.  

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:

Thoughts on new avatar? Yes, it is future Trunks from DBZ, which is where my online name came from.

Looks fine except for one funny issue: the blue "Writer" badge looking close to his blue outfit.  

DroidKnight said:
trunkswd said:

Nice change.  

Thanks! The new avatar is also taller than the old one, so less of it is covered up with all the badges I have.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

coolbeans said:
trunkswd said:

Looks fine except for one funny issue: the blue "Writer" badge looking close to his blue outfit.  

Oh yeah you are right. I didn't notice the blue on the writer badge is practically the same as the blue jacket.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

So, based on this, it looks like Witcher 4/Polaris development is majorly ramping up, expected to hit 400 devs by middle of 2024 (Witcher 3 had 150 early development, 250 by launch, while Cyberpunk 2077 started with 50 devs while Witcher 3 was in development and eventually ramped up to 500 devs before launch). CD Projekt gave no release timeline but considering the game has now been in development since early 2022, had 200+ devs by the end of it's first year of development, and will hit 400 devs by 2.5 years into development, analysts are predicting a release in 2026 or 2027, so probably around the first year of the next console generation assuming Xbox releases their next console Holiday 2026 as recently rumored.

Meanwhile Cyberpunk 2 development seems to be going much slower, it began development by October 2022, but is only expected to hit 80 developers by the end of 2024, 2 years into it's development. This makes it seem like Cyberpunk 2's release will probably be at least 3 years after Witcher 4's release, so around 2029 or 2030 maybe. 

Sadly, CD Projekt provided no updates on their other 3 announced projects, The Witcher 1 remake in UE5 which is being developed by Fool's Theory (a 3rd party studio founded by former Witcher 3 lead devs), Project Hadar (CD Projekt's first ever original IP), and Project Sirius (an online Witcher game being developed by Molasses Flood, the formerly indie studio that released Flame in the Flood as a timed Xbox exclusive and Drake Hollow as a full Xbox console exclusive). I would assume that Witcher 1 remake development would be further along than Witcher 4, Witcher 4 is being built entirely from the ground up while with Witcher 1 remake they have some groundwork finished right out the gate since it's a remake of an older game, so release 1 year before Witcher 4 maybe? If we're lucky.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 22 January 2024

Around the Network

Goddamn the Palworld discourse just feels like it is getting worse while the game continues to grow, Lol.

Regardless of what happens, I bet Rare with Everwild and Blizzard with Odyssey are watching things very closely.

Shows how huge a game can be only on Xbox/PC as well.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 22 January 2024

Ryuu96 said:

Goddamn the Palworld discourse just feels like it is getting worse while the game continues to grow, Lol.

Regardless of what happens, I bet Rare with Everwild and Blizzard with Odyssey are watching things very closely.

The bigger it gets the more salty certain people will get. People can be weird when it comes to new super popular things they don't get into themselves or understand. Already been comments on here calling it fortnite crap or saying it's for 12 year olds lol.

Zippy6 said:
Ryuu96 said:

The bigger it gets the more salty certain people will get. People can be weird when it comes to new super popular things they don't get into themselves or understand. Already been comments on here calling it fortnite crap or saying it's for 12 year olds lol.

Yeah, then there's us adults that remember growing up with the saltiness of comparisons between Digimon vs Pokemon lol

Zippy6 said:
Ryuu96 said:

It's mad, the developers are receiving death threats, I've heard of streamers receiving death threats just for playing the game, Pokemon hardcore fans are raging, Palworld fans are trolling them, they're at war with each other. Developers of other studios getting involved, some defending them, some heavily criticising them based on "gut feelings" and both have fans blasting their replies, Lol.

Meanwhile the game continues to explode and maintains that 90%+ rating on Steam, it is also seemingly exploding in Asia, I wonder how the discourse is over there versus here. Reddit is full of Palworld and one of the top posts is a post shitting on Nintendo, Lol. People pulling up receipts of how many games in the past have ripped each other off (or been heavily inspired), it's just a war, Lol.

From what I've seen I don't think I'd call it for 12 year olds, I'd hazard a guess the vast majority are adults playing the game, but I'd not be surprised if it's going to start blowing up in high-schools as well. Even if it was, who cares, Lol. Feels like such a boomer thing to complain about what the kids are playing or when people moan about how popular Fortnite is and unironically use it to moan about the state of the industry.

I joke about that stuff but the moment I become serious about it I'd cry myself to sleep knowing that I've became a miserable old fart, Lmao.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 22 January 2024

Survival games are already one of the biggest genres in all of gaming. Especially on PC.

DayZ, Rust, Ark, Valheim, recently Sons of the Forest blew up PC. So combining a survival game with the creature capturing mechanics of a franchise as massive as Pokémon could've only equaled massive success.