By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

It is slightly annoying that Xbox missed Q1 again, Lmao. It's like they are allergic to it. But on the other hand, I'm going to be busy with Infinite Wealth and Dragon's Dogma 2 so I don't care much, it's just repeating the "one major title every quarter" and them always missing Q1 is a bit shooting themselves in the foot. But at least we have Hellblade II for Q2 and Q3/Q4 looks fucking ridiculously stacked between Indiana Jones, Avowed, Call of Duty, Towerborne, Flight Simulator 24 and if anything else makes it but you could probably do Towerborne/Flight Sim in September, Avowed in October, Indiana Jones and COD in November. Flight Sim could be earlier, it may be something they decide doesn't really need major advertising and just drop it randomly, Lol.

Just drop the dang ABK backlog into Game Pass in March, at least that'll be something big for Q1, Lol. 

Yeah, they definitely need to finally get these release pacing issues in check in 2025. 2024 is looking like a single game in the first half of the year, and then 7 or 8 probably in the 2nd half of the year. That is far from ideal. For one thing Gamepass needs content spread out more to help keep people subbed. Secondly, releasing like 7 or 8 games in 6 months can lead to the smaller games getting lost in the fray and not played as much as they deserve to be played. 

I kind of hope they do end up delaying a few of the games that were possibly going to make late 2024 such as Contraband and Oblivion Remaster and maybe even Horizon 6 into first half 2025 just so that 2025 won't have the same release pacing problems as 2024. The 2nd half of 2025 is already likely to be pretty crowded with games like Clockwork Revolution, South of Midnight, Fable, Perfect Dark, and maybe even id's next game (March 2020-late 2025 is 5 and a half years development time on their next game), so would be better to release games like Contraband, Forza Horizon 6, or Oblivion Remaster in first half 2025, rather than trying to stuff them into an already busy 2nd half 2024. 

They do but what annoys me more is just the comments then failing, but if we're being honest all they needed is just one major release in Q1 and they'd meet their target, it only took one, could have just delayed Forza Motorsport, nobody would have cared, Lol. Otherwise just stop talking about one major release every quarter until you recognise Q1 is a quarter, it feels like Microsoft has something against Q1, Lol.

But as for pacing, Microsoft released Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite on top of each other, they released Goldeneye HD, Age of Empires II for Xbox and Hi-Fi Rush within a week of each other, sometimes you get the impression that Microsoft doesn't give a shit about spacing things out, Lmao. Maybe Game Pass helps with that because you have 30m subscribers that even if they don't play it day one, have access to that title for whenever they do get around to it and thus "spreading out" just becomes a "backlog" which encourages remaining an active subscriber.

I think Forza Horizon 6 if it isn't 2024 will be Holiday 2025 because I think Fable will be early 2025.

I think this would be safe.

• August - Flight Simulator 2024
  • September - Towerborne
  • October - Avowed
  • November - Call of Duty

But uh, Indiana Jones either goes up against COD or misses TGA's cut-off date (meh who cares).

Around the Network
coolbeans said:

The non-committal "2024" is a dead giveaway that Indy will be next year.

Yeah, bummer Forza Motorsport was delayed to this year because it had a non-committal "2023" release window only at last years Direct lol

I mean they revealed Indiana Jones this year so if it gets delayed till next year....still better than getting announcements of games being in development but not seeing anything in years (Elder scrolls 6, Dragon Quest 3-HD, Kingdom Hearts IV).

G2ThaUNiT said:
coolbeans said:

Yeah, bummer Forza Motorsport was delayed to this year because it had a non-committal "2023" release window only at last years Direct lol

Fair point.  I'm still holding to it getting delayed though.  There are other background details (some things like animations still look a bit rough, stacked back-half of releases, etc.) leaning towards it coming March/April 2025.

coolbeans said:

Based on insiders "a lot sooner than we think" and it honestly looking close to ready to launch already, I'm not as convinced, it could slip, but it could be them just figuring out a date being non-committal until others announce their dates, really no rush to put an exact date on something releasing in 2nd half and "Fall" is *almost* as broad as "2024" when we break it down into "2nd half" since "Fall" covers September - December, Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 18 January 2024

Around the Network

Also could be Bethesda marketing, all XGS titles have Fall dated, Bethesda has "2024"

They could be scarred from the stupid dating of Starfield a year from release and completely missing it

(It's a cosplay guide but still, Lol).

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

G2ThaUNiT said:
shikamaru317 said:

Yeah, they definitely need to finally get these release pacing issues in check in 2025. 2024 is looking like a single game in the first half of the year, and then 6 or more probably in the 2nd half of the year. That is far from ideal. For one thing Gamepass needs content spread out more to help keep people subbed. Secondly, releasing like 7 games in 6 months can lead to the smaller games getting lost in the fray and not played as much as they deserve to be played. 

I kind of hope they do end up delaying a few of the games that were possibly going to make late 2024 such as Contraband and Oblivion Remaster and maybe even Horizon 6 into first half 2025 just so that 2025 won't have the same release pacing problems as 2024. The 2nd half of 2025 is already likely to be pretty crowded with games like Clockwork Revolution, South of Midnight, Fable, Perfect Dark, and maybe even id's next game (March 2020-late 2025 is 5 and a half years development time on their next game), so would be better to release games like Contraband, Forza Horizon 6, or Oblivion Remaster in first half 2025, rather than trying to stuff them into an already busy 2nd half 2024. 

Could end up being some of the games expected for 2025 could be pushed to 2026 and Xbox would have more than enough games for the 1 AAA game per quarter lined up from there on out. 

I'm sure no developer would mind having some extra development time lol

Yeah, it's getting to the point now where they are going to run into overcrowded release schedule issues more and more often, which is why they really need to start taking better advantage of the first half of each year. The schedule of upcoming 1st/2nd party games for Xbox is looking insane honestly:

Announced Games

• Hellblade 2
  • Avowed
  • Ara
  • Flight Simulator 2024
  • Indiana Jones
  • Contraband
  • Towerborne
  • Everwild
  • Perfect Dark
  • Fable
  • State of Decay 3
  • Clockwork Revolution
  • South of Midnight
  • The Elder Scrolls 6
  • Project Mara
  • OD
  • The Outer Worlds 2
  • Age of Mythology Retold
  • Blade
  • Blizzard's as yet untitled Survival Game

Unannounced Games that should already be at least 2/3rds completed as of now

• CoD Black Ops Gulf War (3 years dev time as of November last year)
  • id Software's next game (4 years dev time in March this year)
  • Double Fine smaller game #1 and #2 (2+ years dev time on each, and in the past Double Fine showed that they could release multiple smaller games per year)
  • The Coalition's next game, whether it be the smaller game they were said to be working on as a testbed title for Gears 6, Gears Collection, or Gears 6 itself (3+ years dev time currently on their next project or projects)
  • Forza Horizon 6 (2+ years dev time already, and the longest in development Horizon game had 3 years dev time)

Unannounced Games that are further out from release, less than 2/3rds done currently most likely

• Sledgehammer's next CoD (sequel to CoD Black Ops 2 releasing in 2025 according to a recent leak)
  • Infinity Ward's next CoD (2026 release presumably unless something changes and Phil decides to do away with yearly CoD)
  • Zenimax Online Project Kestrel (3+ years dev time, they started hiring for the new IP in late 2018, officially opened a new studio for the new IP in December 2020, 3 years ago)
  • Project Suerte (Certain Affinity developed Monster Hunter-like)
  • Project Shaolin (Brass Lion developed kung-fu RPG with Wu Tang Clan branding and involvement)
  • Project Maverick (People Can Fly developed, only began development in 2023 so quite a few years before it releases) 
  • Arkane Austin's next game
  • Tango Gamework's next game (or games plural possibly, if they decided to stay multi-team instead of having the HiFi and Ghostwire teams merge for their next game)
  • Halo UE5

With so many games coming it is pretty much unavoidable for Xbox's release slate to not be packed to the gills in 2024, 2025, 2026, and 2027, since nearly every game listed above will release during one of those 4 years, with the only exceptions that might release after 2027 being TES 6, Project Maverick, Arkane Austin's next game, Tango's next game, Blizzard's survival game, and Halo UE5.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 18 January 2024