By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Looking through some things, for some reason I thought Goldeneye HD had released already, Lol.

Guess I'll add that under Rare. Wonder what is taking them so long, hopefully fixing the criticisms.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 12 November 2022

Around the Network
Angelus said:
shikamaru317 said:

So I guess the Witcher 3 next-gen update is getting delayed again probably. We are now almost halfway through Q4, the release window for the update, and we still don't have a date or gameplay footage of the update. There was a release date leak of December 9th by GAME, the UK retailer, but that was more than 3 weeks ago and CDP still haven't confirmed it.

Maybe they just wanna surprise drop it during the Game Awards or something. 

If it were really delayed again, I'm not sure why they wouldn't have just said so during their recent investor call or whatever where they announced all their projects. It's not like a lot of time has passed, so one would imagine they'd have already known if it wasn't gonna make this year. 

You know what, you may be right about a Game Awards announce. I just noticed that the December 9th release date that GAME accidentally listed a few weeks ago is one day after The Game Awards. Could be an announce at The Game Awards with a digital release that night and a physical release the next day. 

I'd also say that my interest in Zenimax's Project Kestrel depends largely on if it's as solo friendly as ESO.

I just wish and hope we get a new Banjo-Kazooie game.

Nintendo and (I guess Sony in the way of Ratchet) being the only two sources that create 3D platformer games sucks.

BasilZero said:

Nintendo and (I guess Sony in the way of Ratchet) being the only two sources that create 3D platformer games sucks.

Word.  It's insane that they don't even try taking a middle-market route with their IP more often.  Even if you want to test the waters with Voodoo Vince, Blinx, or whatever else, just give a modest sum to potential 2nd/3rd parties and advertise the hell out of it on Game Pass.

Around the Network
coolbeans said:
BasilZero said:

Word.  It's insane that they don't even try taking a middle-market route with their IP more often.  Even if you want to test the waters with Voodoo Vince, Blinx, or whatever else, just give a modest sum to potential 2nd/3rd parties and advertise the hell out of it on Game Pass.

Anyone play Super Lucky’s Tale? 

gtotheunit91 said:
coolbeans said:

I have, but didn't get very far in it.  The art style is really nice, but mostly played like a basic collect-a-thon.  On a similar level to the recent Kao the Kangaroo imo.

coolbeans said:
gtotheunit91 said:

I have, but didn't get very far in it.  The art style is really nice, but mostly played like a basic collect-a-thon.  On a similar level to the recent Kao the Kangaroo imo.

Gotcha. I never was able to get around to but since it was a Microsoft published game, I wondered how good it was to see if it could be an IP that could continue as well. But if it’s a basic collect-a-thon, DK64 turned me off of those

BasilZero said:

I hope so but it’s difficult to see who could work on it. It would most likely have to be outsourced. Double Fine doesn’t want to work on it despite Psychonauts 2 being pretty good. Rare is busy feeding the Sea of Thieves train and digging themselves out of Everwild development. 

I could see someone like Sumo Digital giving it a try. They have history with Xbox. Most recently with the last 2 Forza Horizon games and they made the last Sackboy, which I’ve read was a really good 3D platformer. 

coolbeans said:

Yep, wish they would do that.

gtotheunit91 said:

I have it on Steam but havent played it yet but I thought Lucky's Tale was more 2D platformer though.

gtotheunit91 said:

I hope so but it’s difficult to see who could work on it. It would most likely have to be outsourced. Double Fine doesn’t want to work on it despite Psychonauts 2 being pretty good. Rare is busy feeding the Sea of Thieves train and digging themselves out of Everwild development. 

I could see someone like Sumo Digital giving it a try. They have history with Xbox. Most recently with the last 2 Forza Horizon games and they made the last Sackboy, which I’ve read was a really good 3D platformer. 

Toys for Bob