By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Lol. I'm not sure I would have went back to NetEase instead of Tencent but I guess going back to NetEase will be quicker to get the games back into China than starting a new deal with Tencent.

Well, I seriously doubt NetEase will try fuck around with Microsoft at least.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
DroidKnight said:

Wasn't Microsoft being more selective in the devices they were targeting?  More of a means to combat customized cheating devices rather than attacking 3rd party controller developers as a whole?

I don't believe so, I think all unlicensed 3rd party controllers were fucked. At the time of Microsoft announcing this decision I thought to myself "I swear Sony did this as well" but couldn't find the evidence, despite people telling me only Microsoft did this, Lol. Idas seems to think they're similar enough that France may come for Microsoft next.

"Japanese company implemented technical measures in November 2015 to combat counterfeiting, which inadvertently affected the proper functioning of third-party game controllers produced without an official Sony license."

You can pretty much change this wording to...

"American company implemented technical measures in October 2023 to combat (?), which inadvertently affected the proper functioning of third-party game controllers produced without an official Xbox license"

This would apply to Microsoft as well, as all "unlicensed" controllers now no longer work, do they not?

"The antitrust authority found Sony's actions indiscriminate, affecting all "unlicensed" controllers without distinction."

This part may be where the two differ.

Moreover, the antitrust body highlighted a lack of transparency in Sony's licensing policy. Rival companies were reportedly impeded from joining the licensing program, with access only granted through Sony's partnership program. The regulatory authority uncovered that Sony refused to communicate the program access criteria to manufacturers upon request, alleging that the criteria were applied at Sony's discretion.

Only cause we don't know, Microsoft's licensing policy may be more transparent than Sony's it's not certain Microsoft will be hit on that count.

Still...I think Microsoft is going to get a fine too but they'll laugh at a $14m fine, Lol.

Source: Windows Central

Screenshots snipped:

Found this, it does clarify it for my addled memory. 

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 28 December 2023

konnichiwa said:
Ryuu96 said:

"Hellblade 2 could be Xbox's most important exclusive"

You aren't even debating the point why we think VGC's article is stupid and going off on another tangent so w/e.

Creating hype =/= Most important exclusive ever, massive difference in those two statements.

Personally it is important because you can't skip the feeling 'MS studios have problems' that many gamers have.  Hellblade II could show them wrong.

Off topic, Bethesda really caused the bad rating for Starfield on Steam.     Their communication with gamers is just bad;

Anyway I finished while the Iron is hot,  I kind of like the game but the game has some bugs, luckily the devs are gamers friendly and had a update , except for one achievement it seems everything is fixed.

Finished While the Iron is Hot, yesterday also.  Hopefully the achievement for petting the dog five times gets patched soon since it's the only one I'm missing.

Around the Network

The amount of hate I’ve seen about Starfield over the last few weeks is very strange. It feels very targeted

jason1637 said:

The amount of hate I’ve seen about Starfield over the last few weeks is very strange. It feels very targeted

It's absolutely feels targeted. I noticed that within about an hour of Starfield's steam overall average user reviews falling into "Mixed" and recent user reviews falling to "Mostly Negative", multiple websites had articles out about it, almost as if they already had the article written beforehand and were just waiting and hoping the average review score would fall enough to post the article. 

I don't think I've ever seen a mostly good game get dog-piled on to the degree that Starfield has. There are people with hundreds of hours in the game posting negative user reviews of it on Steam, so strong is the bandwagon effect. Nobody that truly dislikes a game puts 100+ hours into it, I don't think I've ever even put 20 hours into a game that I truly disliked. Somehow it became cool to hate on Starfield, so cool that people are doing it even if they like the game.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 28 December 2023

shikamaru317 said:
jason1637 said:

It's absolutely feels targeted. I noticed that within about an hour of Starfield's steam average reviews falling into "Mixed", multiple websites had articles out about it, almost as if they already had the article written beforehand and were just waiting and hoping the average review score would fall enough to post the article. 

Idk what it was before 2 days ago, but it was at 34% on Tuesday and now as of Thursday night, it’s at 28% a 6 percent drop in 2 days……only catastrophic releases like The Day Before could cause such a drastic drop that quickly. 

Careful...y'all will be labeled conspiracy nuts by the dumb asses.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Well Xbros im out got myself a PS5 for xmas so think ill be sticking to the cool thread from now on :P xD xD

Btw happy late xmas and early new year to u all my bros.

Edit: FUCK the cool thread doesnt even seem to be cool enough to show up on the home screen -__+. Need to go look for it now xD