By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I figured I would go ahead and compile some of AMD leaker Kepler's tweets about Xbox Hardware because I don't think we ever really talked about them here when he made them back in September.

Kepler says he has seen no evidence of a 6nm die shrink of the Series X chipset for Brooklin:

Kepler says he has heard that Xbox Next is using Zen 5 rather than the Zen 6 from the ABK trial leaked slide and that he heard it's coming earlier than 2028:

Kepler says he believes that the planned Series S and X refreshes, Ellewood and Brooklin, were both cancelled and that Xbox will instead release Xbox Next in 2025 or 2026:

Kepler says he believes a 2026 release for Xbox Next is a smart strategy because a Series S2 released in 2026 would be roughly similar to base PS5 in specs, a console which would be getting near guaranteed software releases by devs until at least 2030 (simply because it is selling like hotcakes), meaning that a Series S2 wouldn't hold back developers in the early-mid gen in the way that Series S has (basically S2 would only become an issue for devs the last few years of it's lifecycle once PS5/Series X support are dropped and developers want to target X2 and PS6 as the baseline):

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 15 December 2023

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

I'm not a full believer in Team2026 yet but...

• Switch 2 - 2024
  • Xbox Series 2 - 2026
  • PS6 - 2028

That'd make some hype years

Xbox OG -1

Xbox 360 -2

Xbox One -3

Xbox One X -4

Xbox Series S -5

Xbox Series X -6

Just call the next one XB7 and leap frog the PS6

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

To be completely honest, Xbox getting an early jump on 10th gen is probably what the brand needs. Their poor supply chain management as well as not having enough games ready to go for 9th gen put them so far behind that the current status quo probably isn’t sustainable.

The Xbox brand badly needs product differentiation. Going on their own hardware release cadence instead of going 1:1 with PlayStation could make a lot of sense

aTokenYeti said:

To be completely honest, Xbox getting an early jump on 10th gen is probably what the brand needs. Their poor supply chain management as well as not having enough games ready to go for 9th gen put them so far behind that the current status quo probably isn’t sustainable.

The Xbox brand badly needs product differentiation. Going on their own hardware release cadence instead of going 1:1 with PlayStation could make a lot of sense

Yeah, being able to have the limelight to yourself, especially if the marketing is on point with a solid launch lineup or at least solid first 6 months of games, can really do wonders. The 360 having a year head start on the competition did allow them to have strong initial foothold, albeit MS shot themselves in the foot with the red ring of death and supporting HD DVD instead of Blu Ray.

We all know Xbox as a console is not going to catch PlayStation, not by a long shot. So any competitive "edge" MS can give the next Xbox with what will surely be a strong launch lineup, especially in the first party department, would do wonders. 

Nintendo tried to jump ahead a year before the competition with the Wii U, but a meh launch lineup and marketing that had everyone questioning what the hell the Wii U even was, just cemented that the console would not take off. Move over to the Switch launching with the most unexpected release date for a new console with March and with Breath of the Wild as a launch title, immediately propelled the Switch to stardom. 

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

I think it would be beneficial for Microsoft to get away from PlayStation's release schedule.

Honestly would be wild if all 3 had a different release schedule, Lol.

Jez has a point, I wonder if all this lends itself to Xbox doing quicker upgrades.

That would kill the Xbox consoles imo.

zero129 said:
Ryuu96 said:

I think it would be beneficial for Microsoft to get away from PlayStation's release schedule.

Honestly would be wild if all 3 had a different release schedule, Lol.

Jez has a point, I wonder if all this lends itself to Xbox doing quicker upgrades.

That would kill the Xbox consoles imo.

Every 6 years or so I mean.

Quicker than the 8 years of X360 and 7 years of Xbox One and the assumed 8 years for this current gen.

Would be smart I think to get away from PlayStation's release schedule, Xbox can't compete with PS head on anymore so why bother? Why not just move your release schedule somewhere else? Get all the attention and marketing to yourself in that period.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 15 December 2023

Baldur Gate 3 is an Xbox best seller? … wait .. you plebs were supposed to wait till it hit Game Pass! Literally had one job … wait a minute .. *checks recent purchases* ..fu..

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition