By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Edit: Video got switched to private.  Removed.

Last edited by DroidKnight - on 08 December 2023

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

CMA about to make AI in the UK worse.

Last edited by VersusEvil - on 08 December 2023

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Around the Network

Microsoft Corp. is converting a group of subcontracted temps into unionized employees, bucking an industry trend and expanding organized labor’s new foothold at the software giant.

In January, Microsoft agreed for the first time to collectively bargain with a labor union: ZeniMax Workers United, an affiliate of the Communications Workers of America that represented some 300 quality assurance workers at a Microsoft-owned video game studio. Union contract negotiations have been underway since April, according to CWA.

As part of those talks, Microsoft recently agreed that a group of 77 contract staff doing similar work would become employees represented by the union. Previously these people had technically been employed by the staffing agency TCWGlobal.

Some of the contract staffers’ roles were being terminated this fall, CWA said. Instead, 23 of them will get permanent full-time Microsoft jobs, with a 22% pay increase. The rest will get temporary positions as Microsoft employees, $2.75-an-hour raises and paid sick days and holidays. They will also receive copies of the Starfield video game they worked on, a perk previously denied to contract workers.

Microsoft (MSFT) to Convert Gaming Staff From Temps to Union Employees - Bloomberg

Ryuu96 said:

I hope Xbox doesn't go too much into licensed property because original IP is cooler but I'll accept a few here and there, Blade is pretty awesome and it's great to see how excited Dinga is to make it, also being set in Paris is cool as well and honestly I've never played Dishonoured so it'll be difficult to jump straight to Dishonoured 3, I also have little interest in Deathloop but Blade will likely be day one if it's good.

Please make Prey 2 though, Arkane Austin.

Having said that, I think Ninja Theory doing Daredevil makes a lot of sense, Lol.

I personally do not care if MS does licensed or non licensed as long as the team doing the work is excited about the project.  MS already turned down some license work and look how that turned out.  If there is a good licensed IP and a good fit for a particular team, I am all for them doing the project.

Ryuu96 said:

Microsoft Corp. is converting a group of subcontracted temps into unionized employees, bucking an industry trend and expanding organized labor’s new foothold at the software giant.

In January, Microsoft agreed for the first time to collectively bargain with a labor union: ZeniMax Workers United, an affiliate of the Communications Workers of America that represented some 300 quality assurance workers at a Microsoft-owned video game studio. Union contract negotiations have been underway since April, according to CWA.

As part of those talks, Microsoft recently agreed that a group of 77 contract staff doing similar work would become employees represented by the union. Previously these people had technically been employed by the staffing agency TCWGlobal.

Some of the contract staffers’ roles were being terminated this fall, CWA said. Instead, 23 of them will get permanent full-time Microsoft jobs, with a 22% pay increase. The rest will get temporary positions as Microsoft employees, $2.75-an-hour raises and paid sick days and holidays. They will also receive copies of the Starfield video game they worked on, a perk previously denied to contract workers.

Microsoft (MSFT) to Convert Gaming Staff From Temps to Union Employees - Bloomberg

That's so nice, glad a company as big as MS is taking the lead for worker conditions in this industry, I hope many others would follow but I doubt it.  

Called this a while ago, Avowed will be their big Holiday exclusive. Maybe alongside another game though, Fable will be 2025.

November is COD so Avowed is probably September - October.

I think it could be Avowed and Contraband or Avowed and Suerte.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 08 December 2023

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.