By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Getting annoyed by them trying to play people off with music all the time after they've spoken for like 1 minute but they can litter the show with ads, Lol.

And this is even after they don't even let a lot of award winners have a speech...

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 07 December 2023

Around the Network

Cyberpunk winning best ongoing game is kind of silly because it's not even GaaS, it's just a singleplayer game that has been getting standard DLC and bug fixes for longer than usual because it launched in such a poor state. And CDP themselves said major updates for the game are done now as the studio moves to full development on both Witcher 4 and Cyberpunk 2.

Why not just have a Best DLC/Expansion category if you wanted to reward them for the fantastic Phantom Liberty expansion?

Just saw the Hellblade 2 trailer. Blown away, they lost me for awhile but super hyped for it now.

Blade vs Vampires Club Fight Scene 4K - YouTube

They have got to recreate this scene in the game.

Game Awards this year is a bit of an odd-duck. On the one hand, the announcements are the best they've ever had. On the other hand, the actual awards are the worst they have ever been, speeches cut short, barely any categories getting introductory clips for each nominated game or winner speeches.

At this point Keighley would be better off just rebranding The Game Awards as Winter Game Fest and leaving gaming Awards to other Award shows like DICE and the Golden Joysticks.

Around the Network

OMG, Herald of Darkness actually got a live-concert! So hype!

shikamaru317 said:

Game Awards this year is a bit of an odd-duck. On the one hand, the announcements are the best they've ever had. On the other hand, the actual awards are the worst they have ever been, speeches cut short, barely any categories getting introductory clips for each nominated game or winner speeches.

At this point Keighley would be better off just rebranding The Game Awards and Winter Game Fest and leaving gaming Awards to serious Award shows like DICE and the Golden Joysticks.

It was never about the awards Tbh...Unfortunately it has felt like it has gotten worse every year in this regard, less time for winning speeches, more ads, winners not even getting speeches and just being spammed alongside other winners.

Doesn't help that it's held at a stupid date as well, should really be held in Q1.

But yeah this is more a gaming announcement show than an awards show.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 07 December 2023

shikamaru317 said:

At this point Keighley would be better off just rebranding The Game Awards and Winter Game Fest and leaving gaming Awards to serious Award shows like DICE and the Golden Joysticks.

In honor of the Elden Ring meme guy, every Game Awards needs to be invaded by 1-2 randoms from here on out.

ice said:

SoT and Halo not even being nominated for best on-going game is CRAZZY

Best Ongoing is just them picking whatever are the most popular multiplayer titles, I'd not be surprised if they don't even play these games but pick em anyway cause they sit at the top of the charts, Lol. Halo Infinite support this year has been amazing.

I don't play Apex so it may be why but I've barely heard anything about Apex this year.

I also think they should expand the number of nominees because there's more and more live service titles nowadays and there's a lot that deserve to be nominated too but they just pick the most played which keeps the list mostly the same every year.