By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
gtotheunit91 said:
Dulfite said:

Do we have any idea of which day at Blizzcon is most likely to have brand new game(s) announcements? I'm not terribly interested in expansions/dlc to existing games.

I really want to know about Warcraft 4 or something brand new.

It would be today during the opening ceremony. That's where anything new is shown off then the remainder of the weekend is dedicated to deep dives. 

2 and a half hour opening ceremony too which is unheard of!

30 minutes dedicated to Papa Phil.

Around the Network

Ryuu96 said:

Is this the full screen ad that is popping up on Xbox consoles.  If so, I hope someone at MS understand this is not a good ideal.  The last thing I want when I boot up my Xbox is a full screen ad popping up trying to sell me something.  I get enough ads throughout my day to have something like this intruding on me getting to where I want to go on my console. This is the type of stuff that will never go well for MS if they continue to do this.

Machiavellian said:
Ryuu96 said:

Is this the full screen ad that is popping up on Xbox consoles.  If so, I hope someone at MS understand this is not a good ideal.  The last thing I want when I boot up my Xbox is a full screen ad popping up trying to sell me something.  I get enough ads throughout my day to have something like this intruding on me getting to where I want to go on my console. This is the type of stuff that will never go well for MS if they continue to do this.

They've done this the entire year. Why only now is this becoming an issue?

Machiavellian said:
Ryuu96 said:

Yes. They did it for Starfield as well, now Call of Duty, they also apparently did it for Forza Motorsport and the June Showcase but I never saw those ones because I believe it only pops up once and only on the day of release or the day of the event. Apparently they did it for Developer Direct as well.

Doesn't bother me Tbh.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 03 November 2023

Around the Network

Journalists love dat ragebait.

Didn't know they did it for the ABK deal as well, Lol.

They've done it for Forza, Starfield, ABK deal, Xbox Showcase, COD and Developer Direct and the only ones I saw were Starfield and COD, Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 03 November 2023

If they started doing it for 3rd party though, I'd be a little annoyed, Lol. But at least they're advertising Xbox 1st party and Xbox events so I kind of just sit on the "I don't care" fence and if they did it for smaller 1st party titles, it might help them more, such as Towerborne. I'm also used to it, I don't see it as being much different to how if I open Netflix right now, I have 80% of the page covered by a big ad for Onimusha (I'd be bothered if a trailer auto-played, Lol) and I have to take at least a few button clicks to get to search or continue watching.

If I open Amazon Prime Invincible covers 50% of my page and I have to do a few button presses to navigate to search or continue watching. None of that stuff has ever bothered me in the history of having these streaming services. It only takes a few button presses to navigate to "exit" on the Xbox ad and then you never see it again. If I turn my Switch on, I'm greeted by an ad for Pokemon DLC and Super Mario Wonder on the left hand-side. Apparently Steam does it too but I wouldn't know, I don't have Steam.

They should just add a setting on the Xbox to disable the full screen ads, on by default with an option to disable.

Ryuu96 said:

Journalists love dat ragebait.

Didn't know they did it for the ABK deal as well, Lol.

They've done it for Forza, Starfield, ABK deal, Xbox Showcase, COD and Developer Direct and the only ones I saw were Starfield and COD, Lol.

I noticed it before too and now it's a problem lol. Just another fake outrage issue 

Xbox needs to do more marketing, better advertising.
Xbox advertises 1st party game on an Xbox, the sky is falling.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Ryuu96 said:

If they started doing it for 3rd party though, I'd be a little annoyed, Lol. But at least they're advertising Xbox 1st party and Xbox events so I kind of just sit on the "I don't care" fence and if they did it for smaller 1st party titles, it might help them more, such as Towerborne. I'm also used to it, I don't see it as being much different to how if I open Netflix right now, I have 80% of the page covered by a big ad for Onimusha (I'd be bothered if a trailer auto-played, Lol) and I have to take at least a few button clicks to get to search or continue watching.

If I open Amazon Prime Invincible covers 50% of my page and I have to do a few button presses to navigate to search or continue watching. None of that stuff has ever bothered me in the history of having these streaming services. It only takes a few button presses to navigate to "exit" on the Xbox ad and then you never see it again. If I turn my Switch on, I'm greeted by an ad for Pokemon DLC and Super Mario Wonder on the left hand-side. Apparently Steam does it too but I wouldn't know, I don't have Steam.

They should just add a setting on the Xbox to disable the full screen ads, on by default with an option to disable.

Not the best example, but this is what I could find what Steam does anytime a big game launches. They've actually gotten bigger and animated these days. Baldur's Gate 3 damn near took up my entire monitor screen