By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Halo 2 will always be my favorite.

Around the Network

disregard

EpicRandy said:
Machiavellian said:

I am going to pretty much say that MS will do nothing with Blizzard in the short term so I doubt anything will change with Diablo 4 until Blizzard decides to make those changes.  I enjoyed Diablo but then I have to say, I am not into the whole endless end game grind.  After playing Season one, I was done but its no different for me with any game like this.  From Destiny to Path of Exile, I can only stay interested in pretty much doing the same thing over and over but for so long before I want to move on.  I might come back after a year or 2 when its fresh for me but than again probably not.

In the short term, I don't believe MS will get directly involved either however a change in context is still very likely, under ABK the focus is max profits on every title, under MS it is player base growth and player retention. This may provide an easier path for Blizzard to listen to feedback and implement popular features and improvements.

This is true. Some of Blizzard and Activision's policies are no doubt down to the shitty upper management (Kotick and co).

And I'll say once again, it makes absolutely zero business sense to keep Bobby around, an overpaid dickhead and walking PR disaster, if Activision-Blizzard are reporting directly to Phil (which is confirmed), then Bobby becomes a useless middle-man being paid a ridiculous amount for no reason as Bobby is no longer making the decisions, Phil is and we've already seen Phil straight up disregard Bobby's opinion on a key matter already before the acquisition has even closed.

Bobby goes first of all, then Activision and Blizzard should be split, the upper management of ABK should be dissolved (and the board will be) and allow Activision and Blizzard to be led independently by their management team, that is Rob Kostich for Activision and Mike Ybarra (although Mike has put his foot in his mouth in the past) for Blizzard, without ABK's corporate holdings breathing down their necks.

Nha Mikes on the chopping block.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

VersusEvil said:

Nha Mikes on the chopping block.

I doubt it, he was with Microsoft for 20 years before he left for Blizzard, Microsoft is going to want someone running Blizzard who is familiar with both Xbox leadership and the employees at Blizzard in order to smooth the transition from 3rd party to 1st party, and the only person who fits that bill is Mike Ybarra. He slots perfectly into the chain of command of a 1st party Blizzard. 

Around the Network

As much as I want to vote for Halo 2 or 3, both of which I have extensive timeless memories, I had to vote for Halo CE. The game came with my Xbox my cousin gave me the Summer of 2002, and the first time I booted up the game and saw the menu and heard the menu music, I was in absolute awe!!! Playing the campaign was amazing (even with the annoying backtracking and re-used assets/map design) with the open-ended world map, different biomes, the franchises basically only horror level, learning about the Covenant, and of course the bad ass that was Master Chief. I was hooked like I had never been hooked before.

Then.......a classmate told me about LAN parties lol. I was pulled forever into Halo after that

Mike is on thin ice for me honestly, he has said some dumb shit as Head of Blizzard and pissed off a lot of his own employees, now I'm willing to give him a shot and see how he is without ABK corporate breathing down his neck and see if the dumb shit he has said was a result of policies being forced down to him but if he continues to say dumb shit then well...

At Xbox he sometimes couldn't keep his mouth shut too, Lol. Xbox will have to muzzle him.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 02 October 2023

As for Rob Kostich, I know next to nothing about him, I've never seen him, I've never heard from him, I only confuse his name for Rob Kotick in the past, Lmao. He has been with Activision for almost 20 years but only became President of Activision in 2019 so I don't know what to make of him and maybe that's a good thing. Also his leadership would have been hit by COVID too.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 02 October 2023

Ryuu96 said:
EpicRandy said:

In the short term, I don't believe MS will get directly involved either however a change in context is still very likely, under ABK the focus is max profits on every title, under MS it is player base growth and player retention. This may provide an easier path for Blizzard to listen to feedback and implement popular features and improvements.

This is true. Some of Blizzard and Activision's policies are no doubt down to the shitty upper management (Kotick and co).

And I'll say once again, it makes absolutely zero business sense to keep Bobby around, an overpaid dickhead and walking PR disaster, if Activision-Blizzard are reporting directly to Phil (which is confirmed), then Bobby becomes a useless middle-man being paid a ridiculous amount for no reason as Bobby is no longer making the decisions, Phil is and we've already seen Phil straight up disregard Bobby's opinion on a key matter already before the acquisition has even closed.

Bobby goes first of all, then Activision and Blizzard should be split, the upper management of ABK should be dissolved (and the board will be) and allow Activision and Blizzard to be led independently by their management team, that is Rob Kostich for Activision and Mike Ybarra (although Mike has put his foot in his mouth in the past) for Blizzard, without ABK's corporate holdings breathing down their necks.

I think they will give Bobby a standard 1 year contract that happens when a lot of companies get bought out, to transition everything.  They may terminate him before the year is up, but they will just send him home and buy out the year at some point.

rapsuperstar31 said:
Ryuu96 said:

I think they will give Bobby a standard 1 year contract that happens when a lot of companies get bought out, to transition everything.  They may terminate him before the year is up, but they will just send him home and buy out the year at some point.

Yeah, I don't expect an immediate termination, they'll be a transitional period which they'll need him for to help integrate Activision-Blizzard into Microsoft but I don't expect him to stick around long term. In a recent interview he made note that his current contract is only until April 2024 and then said it was up to Microsoft whether they needed him or not.

If he's released early then Microsoft will likely have to give him a larger pay-out so even if Activision-Blizzard is quickly integrated, they'll probably let him twiddle his thumbs at his desk until April 2024 and then can him. I don't believe the integration would take longer than 6 months. So keeping his current contract works out almost perfectly in my mind.