By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Concerned Ape continuing to be the greatest indie dev in the industry, god I hope the new farm type is a tiny farm. 

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Around the Network

Ummmm, okay......

shikamaru317 said:

I do think it's a pretty damning indictment to his image though just how many Sony gamers dislike him. While the suits may remember Ryan fondly, I see quite alot of actual gamers, even PS only gamers, that are rejoicing at his stepping down. They hated how strongly he focused on GaaS games, they hated how he closed down 3 studios after taking over, they hated how he shat on the idea of PS1, PS2, and PS3 being added to PS5 back compat and ridiculed the concept of BC. I think ultimately he may be remembered as either the the worst or 2nd worst Playstation head by most gamers, hard to say how is image will end up compared to Jack Tretton's in the end.

A lot of people don't like him because of his abortion "both sides" comments.

I've seen quite a few people disappointed by Sony making PC games.

And a lot of people have generally been uneasy about him, because he's not a gamer. He's very clearly proud of PlayStation Studios and Sony Interactive, but he doesn't seem to be a big gamer in the way that Shuhei Yoshida was or most of the big PlayStation people have been in the past.

I think a lot of the people complaining about Sony's direction, are going to be disappointed that Sony is still going to be making PC games, and they're still going to be investing in live service games (it's always possible it decreases, but I don't think it's going away). Although maybe they won't be, because next year Sony seems pretty due to announce a lot more single player games.  

I'm not sure if the next person will be any better.

But I'm hopeful.

Ryuu96 said:

Nice of Xbox to give D3Publisher a free play days payment after D3 recently revealed that Ed-0 flopped pretty hard, good way to keep D3Publisher friendly with Xbox.

Around the Network

Looks like KOTOR remake is dead, the reveal trailer has been privated and official tweets and posts about the game have reportedly been scrubbed. 

Not exactly surprising news after we heard about development troubles at Aspyr, with Sony and Embracer being unsatisfied with the vertical slice demo that Aspyr prepared for them, and development ultimately being moved from Aspyr to Saber Interactive about 13 months ago. There is also Embracer Group's recent financial woes to take into account, leading to layoffs, studio closures, and game cancellations. Guessing either Saber couldn't make it work either and presented an unsatisfactory vertical slice demo just like Aspyr did, or Embracer just decided to end development on it due to their financial situation, maybe they laid off the team making it at Saber. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 29 September 2023

shikamaru317 said:

Looks like KOTOR remake is dead, the reveal trailer has been privated and official tweets and posts about the game have reportedly been scrubbed.

I'm torn b/c it'd be great to explore that world in 9th-gen glory; then again, several rumored tweaks rubbed me the wrong way.  Disney Wars has found a way to ritualistically sodomize almost every era.  Maybe keeping them away from the 4000BBY timeline is for the best.

coolbeans said:
shikamaru317 said:

I'm torn b/c it'd be great to explore that world in 9th-gen glory; then again, several rumored tweaks rubbed me the wrong way.  Disney Wars has found a way to ritualistically sodomize almost every era.  Maybe keeping them away from the 4000BBY timeline is for the best.

Yeah, I think it's death is probably for the best. The rumors about the game weren't great to say the least. There was talk of it being more of a reboot than a remake, with plot elements and characters from both KOTOR 1 and 2 being combined into a single game alongside new characters and plot elements, designed to bring KOTOR into Disney canon. There was talk it would be an action RPG instead of D20 based like the original. 

Honestly, I think they should only remake KOTOR if it's a proper remake of the original, not a reboot. Keep the story and characters intact, maybe only adding some new side quests to each planet if they want to lengthen the game and fleshing out the companions with more dialogue and deeper romances (particularly the canon Revan-Bastilla romance). Improve the graphics and redo all of the combat animations including mocapped lightsaber fighting animations. Make each planet a larger, more open map without all of the zones and loading screens. Keep the D20 based combat, which Baldur's Gate 3 has just proved to the doubters can still be a successful gameplay system in 2023. Rescore the original soundtrack with a proper live orchestra (on the original Jeremy Soule used a virtual orchestra simulated on OG Xbox's 8 mb/s MIDI soundchip). Re-record the voice lines where possible, remastering the original voice work via AI for the lines which can't be re-recorded, such as Ed Asner's Vrook Lamar lines.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 29 September 2023

shikamaru317 said:

Not exactly surprising news after we heard about development troubles at Aspyr, with Sony and Embracer being unsatisfied with the vertical slice demo that Aspyr prepared for them, and development ultimately being moved from Aspyr to Saber Interactive about 13 months ago. There is also Embracer Group's recent financial woes to take into account, leading to layoffs, studio closures, and game cancellations. Guessing either Saber couldn't make it work either and presented an unsatisfactory vertical slice demo just like Aspyr did, or Embracer just decided to end development on it due to their financial situation, maybe they laid off the team making it at Saber. 

MS should try to get the rights and give it to Obsidian, imagine how funny it would be if it was re-revealed as an Xbox exclusive.