By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

They should give out like 5k XP for 100%ing planets

I'm wasting so much time finding pretty planets to make outposts on, not even paying attention to the resources they make that much, Lol.

I'd 100% them if they gave a bigger XP reward but for now I'm just spreading my Empire 😈

Yeah, that would be nice, the XP rewards for surveying aren't that high, I think I get like 200 XP for each planet trait I scan and then 200 XP for the full planet completion, which is well below what you can earn through XP farming methods.

Around the Network

Trying to find this now.

Someone's Reddit post, a river on the planet Sumati, I want it

Hottest Crew in the Settled Systems

I spent about an hour getting together enough outfits for my entire crew, worth it.

The Experiences, Devices and Marketing (EDM) Finance team has an exciting opportunity for a skilled financial professional to support our newest game studio additions to Xbox Gaming – Activision, Blizzard, and King (ABK).  We are looking for a Senior Finance Manager with a drive for partnership, results, and great communication skills to take on a high impact role within our team. 

In this role, you will partner with the Activision Blizzard Integration team and studio to work towards the successful integration of this business and, upon close, deliver accurate and timely financial analysis and manage finance rhythm of the business activities.  This role will partner with teams to drive towards studio integration and create processes to drive revenue, cost of goods sold, operating expenses, balance sheet, headcount and Key Peformance Indicator reporting.

Responsibilities

Collaborate to drive the financial integration process:

• Hierarchy Creation – Partner with integration team to develop and implement a hierarchy for Activision in the Microsoft financial systems that will allow clear reporting lines for financial views and headcount management.
  • Financial Report Creation – Build a clear process to review and consolidate the financials of a large-scale business to provide financial analysis to meet the rhythm of business deadlines.
  • Integration Planning- Partner with the broader Microsoft integration team across all financial areas to drive the successful integration of the Activision business.

Contribute to the finance rhythm of the business (ROB) processes:

• Business Planning- Contribute to the monthly close, quarterly forecasts, annual budgeting, and long-range planning for ABK in alignment with Corporate and EDM timelines.
  • Business Partnership and Communication- Influence others via persuasive communication, effective data visualization and storytelling. Partner with ABK finance leaders to accurately reflect generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) financial results and inform leaders of business trends (Non-GAAP reporting & metrics.)
  • Reporting- Provide accurate and timely information to business partners including insights and actionable recommendations for investment decisions. Responsible for both written and verbal monthly financial reporting to Gaming finance and business teams.
  • Transactional Reliability- Use Microsoft accounting taxonomy and have a detail-oriented approach for managing transactions to make sure information is accurate in our financial systems. Ensure the general ledger is accurate each month.
  • Master Data Management- Understand data sources across Microsoft information systems and hierarchies to be able to generate and create analysis multiple products P&Ls.

Guarantee a compliance first mindset:

• General accounting – Understand and use the appropriate GAAP and Microsoft accounting policies and procedures.
  • Understand and apply Microsoft Policy- Advise the business on the financial policies by combining business knowledge and understanding of Microsoft policies.

The successful candidate will have:

• A desire to partner with and learn from the game studios
  • Analytical and problem-solving skills
  • Ability to drive results through partnership and collaboration with others in a team environment
  • Experience on successfully influencing at all levels of an organization
  • Results driven with organizational skills including ability to multi-task

Financial Analysis IC4 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $91,800 - $178,800 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $117,900 - $195,000 per year.

Senior Finance Manager | Microsoft Careers

Microsoft is hiring for Activision-Blizzard already.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 25 September 2023

Around the Network

Can't fucking wait to put "CMA Approves ABK Acquisition" in my title and then "Microsoft Closes ABK Acquisition"

Not looking forward to updating the OP, Lol.

Was actually a GOAT trailer, looking forward to the Activision-Blizzard one.

Are you also gonna put “deal finally dead” when they kill it for good?

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

October

• Forza Motorsport
  • Activision-Blizzard Closure + Massive Game Pass Drop
  • Halo Infinite Season 5 (PVE?)
  • Game Pass: The Lamplighters League, Cities Skylines 2, Jusant.

Continuing on from a great September.