By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Who would be stupid enough to post something that’s so secretive to MS on their LinkedIn? Lol

Still nice to get some confirmation. And before Starfield’s launch too!

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

konnichiwa said:

-Snip-

"First of all Bethesda was always hated by a big group of gamers, Fallout 76 hate was everywhere."

Fallout 76 was hated because it was trash and absolutely broken on launch, it deserved the hate. Bethesda was absolutely not "always hated by a big group of gamers" before Fallout 76. People used to have some jokes about their bugs but it was mostly light-hearted and a small group. Fallout 76 was the beginning of the anger against Bethesda.

"With Fallout 4 it was clear that many were giving up Bethesda some disliked and some hated it."

I mean, there was a lot of disappointment with Fallout 4 but it was still hugely successful, has an overall rating of 83% of Steam (down a lot from Skyrim) and reviewers went easy on it as it has an overall 88 score despite the very poor story. A few reviewers who are trashing Starfield gave Fallout 4 very high marks despite Starfield doing practically everything better than it.

"What's even troublesome how you have reviews who basically complain about Todd lies or Bethesda and not even mention Xbox but still some xbots come in and say stuff as 'reviewers just hate xbox'"

Who?

"Starfield will be huge and will have an big impact on the industry...."

Is this meant to be a lie? Lol.

"It really doesn't feel huge at all, except maybe player numbers but that's basically it."

What, yes it does, literally one of the core complaints of these reviewers you're talking about is that it has so much stuff to do, so many mechanics, and does a poor job at explaining how they all work, the game is massive in gameplay (and yes in numbers too).

"Worked a long time on the game"

So?

"Had almost a year extra delay"

So?

"Graphics aren't great"

Disagree, not great in some areas, beautiful in others.

"Performance isn't great"

Disagree for me, my game has been 98% smooth, it runs very well on Xbox overall, I do know it is having issues on PC though which is a shame, the Xbox ATG team must have largely focused on Xbox because it seems to run better on Series X/S than it does PC.

"Gameplay can be dull and annoying"

Again, I disagree, the gunplay is way better than Fallout and is Bethesda's best feeling combat ever, I'm having a lot of fun with it.

"I am still enjoying my time with the game but I hate how MS and especially Todd is handling it."

How are they handling it?

"Larian was like 'we hear you and we will fix the bugs + adding some free (cut) content later.  It is like Larian treat us like consumers and MS ignores us."

It has been less than a f*cking week since launch.

Also where did Larian say they are adding the free cut content later? All I saw is that data miners found a ton of cut content (which is fine and doesn't need to be added back into the game) Heck I can't even say Larian say they're adding free DLC at all, all I see is them saying they're "considering" future DLC but aren't sure yet (and also nothing about it being free).

Just because Bethesda doesn't make a huge Twitter post announcing they're going to fix some of these game breaking bugs doesn't mean they aren't working on them. BG3 was littered with them and I can't see anywhere on their Twitter them being like "we hear you, we will fix the bugs" they just got their heads down and fixed them, and then announced the patches.

What is the roadmap for Starfield? What will they add? Bug fixing updates when?  Why are they so silent for the issues? 

This is the only roadmap I could find for Baldur's Gate 3, 12 days after launch.

Starfield has been out for less time that that, why does Larian which you keep banging on get extra time but with Bethesda it's all "WHERE IS THIS?! WHERE IS THAT?! WHY ARE THEY SILENT?! I DEMAND ANSWERS!" Lol. We also already know DLC is coming for Starfield (an expansion in the roadmap). We have no idea what is coming for BG3.

"Honestly any Xbox fan who has an issue how people treat Bethesda oh boy....wait till Acti/Blizzard deal goes trough, with WoW failing, Diablo 4 being a disgrace, Overwatch 2 death, CoD MWIII looking to be in a troubled state and Toys for boy making a MP crash game that barely any cares about."

WoW is failing? Lmao. No it isn't, it is still one of the biggest MMOs in the market today, a few dips in playerbase doesn't automatically jump to failing.

Diablo IV being a disgrace is hilarious, it launched to critical acclaim and was a huge success, but I do agree they fucked up with the post launch "seasons"

Overwatch 2, I do agree is pretty rough right now, but despite that it is one of the most played games on Xbox and PlayStation still. In addition, 80% of the negative reviews on Steam are from players impacted when Blizzard left China because they lost all their shit they had purchased, justifiably angry but Overwatch 2 is far from "dead" Blizzard just needs to sign a new contract with Tencent and figure out a way to get these players their lost stuff back.

"CoD MWIII looking to be in a troubled state"

What's this? All I see is excitement that it's basically Modern Warfare 2 remastered, Lol. And don't pretend like CoD fans give a damn about reviews, Lmao.

"Toys for boy making a MP crash game that barely any cares about."

Yeah that bombed. Rumour is they're making a new Spyro game next which is what they should be doing, Spyro or Crash sequels.

"MS buying studios who fail will not lead to love for Xbox..."

I don't really care what internet fanboys on Twitter say, at least, not as much as you do. ABK makes nearly 50% of their money from Mobile anyway. This play is bigger than "console wars" and is to provide Xbox with a huge financial boost, it should also have a large effect on Game Pass numbers. You're acting like the most profitable 3rd party in the industry is on deaths doors, Lmao. Blizzard evidently can still release critically acclaimed games and literally just did. Activision can continue with COD, Idfc. Toys for Bob are very likely going back to Spyro/Crash which should be good.

Mostly this acquisition won't be about console exclusives though so most of these weirdo internet trolls won't be as stupid about it but a financially healthier Xbox should have large benefits to us as well, more money being brought in means the ability to invest more money and that money could be used on financing even more exclusives, in the same way that Sony says that COD helps them finance their exclusives, Xbox will now own the entire thing and can do that but to a larger degree. ABK to me, is more than just a few potential exclusives (maybe Crash/Spyro, Blizzard's New IP), it's a healthier Xbox that can stand alone from Microsoft and use their resources to fund even more internal projects, and a healthier Xbox is better for us all, alongside yes, fixing some troublesome aspects of ABK. Also Game Pass day one is nice.

Finally have time to answer:

Saying bethesda was not hated is like saying Halo fans love 343.

Their were a ton of controversies,  'horse armour DLC'  'Hey Mojang F$Ck you, you can't name a game scrolls', Fallout New Vegas release that made people go 'f$ck Bethesda and love Obsidian' and till Fallout 4 release they were atleast still very loved but that all changed after the release,   'Hey gamers you want mods? Well they come soon with our creation club please pay for mods!'  'While you are paying for mods please pay for our great dlc called vault tec workshop aswell,  

and so on...

I was talking in general when I said  'Hate Bethesday/Starfield doesn't mean people hate Xbox like. Hate always was their.

BG3 had a roadmap and they all basically did it before release that's also a reason why gamers praise it and the industry fears it. They don't own the IP and we don't know when the contract ends but they are working on more updates tho'. 

Wow is indeed failing, is not thriving it is more surviving and it has a a hard time attracting newcomers. It still lives because it has still a lot of old fans who spend so much time in the MMO that they can't give up on it but others MMO's not just surpass it in numbers but also in introducting new elements that attracts newcomers. Discussions about Wow aren't great at the moment.  

Diablo IV released and was loved by many but months later and it is done,  I would say it is impossible to deny the fact that the fans are giving up on it, the South Korean event with nobody showing up says enough about the game's state. I guess it can change;...

Overwatch 2.... find it hard to find anything positive about it, sure it has still a lot of players but it also just had that content drop. 

COD MWII wasn't that well received by the fanbase and the next one is making a lot of people cautious....

In conclusion I expect a lot of hate articles and a ton of fanboys saying 'reviewers and gamers now hate COD/Overwatch/Diablo/WOW because it is owned by MS'....     While they were hated a long time before...

About Starfield:

At the moment I don't think Starfield was that big at all and I really don't know what the industry can learn from Starfield, what makes it industry changing? 

Sure a lot of the game is opinion based for example I prefer the lore/Story/Politics/Races in Elder scrolls but performance in Starfield is really bad, I just skimmed trough this thread and saw people completing about game breaking bugs and 'I only had 2 crashes in 50 hours'    is is really that normal to have crashes in games? The last offender in crashing was Tales of Arise for me but I barely have crashes in games...

gtotheunit91 said:

Who would be stupid enough to post something that’s so secretive to MS on their LinkedIn? Lol

Still nice to get some confirmation. And before Starfield’s launch too!

Happens quite a lot Tbh.

These people rely on Linkedin for their jobs so they want to advertise themselves as best they can, saying "I helped get Game Pass over 30m subscribers" is better than "I helped get it to 25m" even if it's only a difference of 5m. He may have thought it was already announced too, Lol. Either way I'm guessing Microsoft will deny it and tell him to remove it if only because of the CMA.

Rare seems like such a nice place to work at.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 15 September 2023

Imagine thinking people hate Bethesda lmao. Sometimes I think I’m in a Phil Spencer article with some of the takes in here XD

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Around the Network

Some devs thought about the Unity move 

"I don't even care if they walk this back or try to walk this back and say "oh well you know we'll tackle this another time". Well well take the L because that's exactly it, they'll tackle it another time and once you're locked into their ecosystem you basically have to bend the knee to this that you've got no choice"

This echoes the sentiment I have, it does not matter now even if Unity reverses course, the fact they've shown the possibility and willingness to do such is enough. Unity is dead as long as Riccitiello remains CEO. 

Must be horrible right now to be someone working for Unity and having your career prospects literally burned to the ground by the whims of greedy idiots.

VersusEvil said:
Angelus said:

3/10?

I’m going for NG+10.

You get upgrades each time you enter NG+ up through the 10th time, right?

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 15 September 2023

VersusEvil said:

Imagine thinking people hate Bethesda lmao. Sometimes I think I’m in a Phil Spencer article with some of the takes in here XD

I'm not even going to bother responding anymore. I believe they are an Xbox fan but they're clearly wrapped up in the console wars. It's like they follow Twitter console warriors and believe everything some loser on Twitter says or cares far too much about it. It's a constant stream of negativity and complaining no matter what, nothing is ever good enough. Every single issue no matter how small is blown into a major one. Constant console war-like comparisons between completely different videogames. Anecdotal claims with zero evidence.

It's funny to act like ABK is on deaths doors or that Call of Duty fans give a single fuck about reviews or online reception, which has been trashing COD for the past 15 years, they don't give a fuck, it's still consistently the best selling title every year. I don't give a fuck what some console warriors cry about on Twitter when it comes to "Microsoft ruined XYZ!!!" because guess what, they don't know what they're talking about, they're wrong but those idiots will be screaming it regardless of what Microsoft does.

I. Don't. Care. What. Console. Warriors. Say.

Ryuu96 said:
VersusEvil said:

I'm not even going to bother responding anymore. I believe they are an Xbox fan but they're clearly wrapped up in the console wars. It's like they follow Twitter console warriors and believe everything some loser on Twitter says or cares far too much about it. It's a constant stream of negativity and complaining no matter what, nothing is ever good enough. Every single issue no matter how small is blown into a major one. Constant console war-like comparisons between completely different videogames. Anecdotal claims with zero evidence.

It's funny to act like ABK is on deaths doors or that Call of Duty fans give a single fuck about reviews or online reception, which has been trashing COD for the past 15 years, they don't give a fuck, it's still consistently the best selling title every year. I don't give a fuck what some console warriors cry about on Twitter when it comes to "Microsoft ruined XYZ!!!" because guess what, they don't know what they're talking about, they're wrong but those idiots will be screaming it regardless of what Microsoft does.

I. Don't. Care. What. Console. Warriors. Say.

So you admit Xbots don't give a DAMN about a games quality!  

EpicRandy said:

Some devs thought about the Unity move 

"I don't even care if they walk this back or try to walk this back and say "oh well you know we'll tackle this another time". Well well take the L because that's exactly it, they'll tackle it another time and once you're locked into their ecosystem you basically have to bend the knee to this that you've got no choice"

This echoes the sentiment I have, it does not matter now even if Unity reverses course, the fact they've shown the possibility and willingness to do such is enough. Unity is dead as long as Riccitiello remains CEO. 

Must be horrible right now to be someone working for Unity and having your career prospects literally burned to the ground by the whims of greedy idiots.

The longer it goes on as well, the more developers will have begun the process of switching over and then they aren't going to bother switching back. Unity keeps trying to "clarify" shit instead of just reversing the damn decision as well, it's like they think we're all idiots. I really hope Microsoft/Sony/Apple/Nintendo have a lawsuit lined up.

This decision literally fucks us all too (platform holders, subscription holders, gamers, unity developers and employees).

This shows the danger of having one engine hold such a massive portion of the market though, we're all focused on Unity right now but it shows a danger of everyone switching to Unreal Engine because imagine if Epic pulled such a move in the future, I think there's some options for Unity developers because there's other good engines at a smaller scale but there's really not any viable alternatives to Unreal Engine for the AAA market.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 15 September 2023