By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
shikamaru317 said:

Yeah, House Va'Ruun definitely needs to be explored more, they've got this whole faction who disappeared for a time in the deep colonies, then came back talking about a giant space snake entity that they worship, killing people in the name of this space snake. And yet all the game gives you is a single mission where you infiltrate their mostly abandoned embassy filled with hallucinatory gas and robots and turrets? They've just got to do a whole Va'Ruun expansion or at least a Va'Ruun questline within another expansion, where we learn more about them and see if the Space Snake is real or just something conjured up by a cult leader with holograms to put radical followers under his control.

I mean, what a fascinating concept of a faction! I had headphones on while going through their abandoned embassy and it had a horror vibe to it. I wanna see more of it!!! My initial instinct is that it is some cult leader with holograms but seeing all the alien life in the universe of the game, it'd be sick to actually see a giant space snake! 

Around the Network

Honestly all 3 of the religious factions felt underutilized, the only thing I found for Sanctum Universum is their main church in New Atlantis, which has no side quest and barely any dialogue (and the chest with a tiny amount of low level goods if you took the starting trait), a priest in Cydonia who gives you a free item once per week if you talk to him, and a random space encounter with a Pilgrim ship that just has a handful of dialogue options and no real reward. You'd think these religious factions would each have at least a short quest line, especially if you pick the starting trait to make yourself a worshipper of them. I'm glad I didn't pick any of the 3 religion traits, they seem like bad picks compared to some of the better traits like Kid Stuff, Dream Home, Wanted, Hero Worshipped, or the UC and Freestar Citizen traits. 

Isn't it that the founder went through a series of gravity jumps and then claimed on one of them that he saw a serpent which spoke to him? Nobody else has saw it except him but he has a cult of followers now who love doing gravity jumps in the hopes that they'll see the serpent one day too. He's dead now and nobody else thus far has seen it but the cult is extremely secretive.

Now there's three options.

1. The dude is insane and saw things after spending long periods in space.

2. He's a grifter

3. It's true, which would imply there is an alien species which lives between the fabrics of space.

Idk how exactly gravity jumps work in Starfield, I think Todd said they fold space-time around them.

Theory 3 would be close to The Expanse.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 13 September 2023

Europe's antitrust regulator won't require Microsoft to re-notify the authority about its planned $69 billion acquisition of Activision after its new remedy to the UK antitrust regulator.

Two third parties have received inquiries from the European Commission about the remedy proposal and have no issues with it and have submitted feedback saying so, according to a Dealreporter item on Wednesday, which cited familiar sources.

Microsoft and Activision hope that the EC will tell them as soon as next week that the transaction will not need a new filing with the regulator, according to the report.

European regulator won't require notification for Activision/Microsoft - report | Seeking Alpha

There you go, as expected, didn't need to be re-notified since the deal is unchanged in the EU.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 13 September 2023

Halo Infinite FINALLY getting a new main menu with Season 5?!?

Also, it's been overlooked but 343 changed how Stockpile works lol. The seeds are now spread throughout the entire map rather than one location, you can now use equipment with the seeds, and it now only requires 3 seeds to score a point. 5 points wins the game.

Around the Network

Edit: nvm, found a method to fix the sync issue in Starfield. 

Last edited by VersusEvil - on 13 September 2023

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Wait, Unity execs sold off stock before they announced a policy they knew would be highly controversial? Doesn't that count as insider trading? These Unity execs are about to get Yuji Naka'd I suspect. 

Ryuu96 said:

Some minor spoilers of what some of the powers are in the video but pretty awesome.

I don't want to watch videos for spoilers but when I was level 15 I full read every skill in depth and I it looks like you could get some good stealth and melee builds going with up to 10x melee sneak attacks and the big life regen passives combined with a good revolver and the sharpshooting perk for bonus damage to leg shots to knock enemies down so you can finish them off and it sounded like it could be a fun playstyle but I committed to more boring QoL utility skills such as Piloting, Security, Weightlifting, Persuasion and Commerce this playthrough that I will probably follow up with outpost and research skills to be even more boring lol

gtotheunit91 said:

First hotfix. DLSS will officially added at some point along with the others listed below

• Brightness and Contrast controls
  • HDR Calibration Menu
  • FOV Slider
  • Nvidia DLSS Support (PC)
  • 32:9 Ultrawide Monitor Support (PC)
  • Eat button for food!

We’re also working closely with Nvidia, AMD, and Intel on driver support, and each update will include new stability and performance improvements.

Additionally, we are working on our built-in mod support (Creations) that will work across all platforms similar to what we’ve done with Skyrim and Fallout 4. This full support is planned to launch early next year. Until then, we know our PC community is already very active in the modding space and if you have any feedback on how we can make this better, please let us know . Modding and creating in our games will always be a vital and important part of who we are, and we love seeing the community get off to such a strong start.

Here's the official patch notes of improvements

Update Version 1.7.29 - Fixes and Improvements
Performance and Stability
  • Xbox Series X|S
     Improved stability related to installations.
  • Various stability and performance improvements to reduce crashes and improve framerate.

Quests
  • All That Money Can Buy
    : Fixed an issue where player activity could result in a quest blocker.
  • Into the Unknown
    : Fixed an issue that could prevent the quest from appearing after the game is completed.
  • Shadows in Neon:
     Fixed an issue where player activity could result in a quest blocker.

The meme I saw yesterday about GigaChad Starfield not having hot fixes still compared to BG3 releasing hot fix after hot fix in the first days after release hasn't aged very well.