By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 30 August 2023

Around the Network

Agree with Angelus. I understand that some gaming journalists are mad to get a game later than others to review it but those content creators on Youtube? They are so full of themselves nowadays and believe they simply have the right to get everything early for free that it disgusts me. As if there is no way such a special person like XY doesn't get everything for free...ohhnoo!

Why don't they just straight up say "people watch my videos I'm special"

We know there will be at least one DLC, but will that DLC be as add-on content or as a big expansion?

I don't want to give anything away, but Shattered Space is DLC sized [one of those that we have in mind]. But we have lots of ideas for other sizes of things that we can add to the world. Really, part of the [decisions about] this usually comes from… Well, we have to wait until next week. We want people to play and find out how people play the different parts of the game, and find out what they want more of. We're sitting here making decisions about the DLC, but 12 million, or 20 million people are going to play this game and what we think can change enormously.

We're going to do a mix of things along the way. Our support for this game is going to last for a while. But for how long, and how many DLCs, I can't say right now. We need to release the game the following week [in Early Access] and the week after, and respond to that later.

What is the craziest thing that has happened to you in outer space and on a planet?

I don't want to spoil too much of the game... I will say that one of the first emerging things I ran into in outer space was that I came across a tour , a group that was touring the star system, and they contacted me and the captain from the ship said, "Hey, I've got all these tourists that I'm doing a tour and they're desperate to interview a real space captain. Would you let my tourists interview you?"

You can say no, you can attack the ship, or you can say yes, sure. And different passengers arrive and ask you about what it's like to be a captain, if it's true that you have a love in each port and things like that. And I'm directly role-playing being a captain being interviewed by those passengers, choosing answers. I thought it was something amazing. You don't think that in outer space you're going to have conversations with random people, but [the dev team] have figured out how to do this kind of thing, and some of it is really fun and interesting, and I think this kind of thing is going to be fun surprises for people.

When you arrive in a new Solar System and open the map, in addition to planets and moons that have something on them, such as a location you can visit (which will be marked by an icon), there will also be icons on a planet that simply say: "Ship". You have no idea what it is. It could attack you, it could be someone in trouble. And you go to the planet to see what happens with that ship. And you can say, "Prepare to be boarded, I'm going to steal your ship." Or you could find five Crimson Fleet ships that start attacking you as soon as they appear. It allows you to explore, to wonder what is there.

Some time ago there were reports that after the release of Hi-Fi Rush, which was well received by players and critics, Bethesda wanted to give more support to Tango Gameworks. Has the relationship between Bethesda and Tango changed after that release?

The relationship with our studios is always evolving. One of the things that I hope people take away from a game like Hi-Fi Rush is that as a company, we're willing to work with the developers and take risks with things that you would never believe could come from that studio. When you think of Tango, you think they make horror games, and suddenly comes a really bright, colourful and fun music action game.

Part of the reason we released it by surprise is that we didn't want to spend three months explaining to people why we made this game, why these horror game people were doing something different. It seemed so much easier to announce it, let them play it and not have to ask us. It didn't make much sense when you can just make it available to a huge audience.

Also, Tango learned that this type of thing works, that there is a large audience for this type of game. We did very well on Game Pass with the number of players and how many copies we sold. That reinforces for us that taking risks and supporting developers who want to do something new or different is always a good thing.

Can we expect other surprise releases from Bethesda in the future?

No comment.

The last question is about… Next week we will finally be playing Starfield. We know that Bethesda Game Studios will continue to work on that, but can we expect that after the release of Starfield we will have more news, or any news, about The Elder Scrolls VI?

Let's see, over time, but years later. We have put all of our studios focused on making this game the best it can be. And yes, there are people working on The Elder Scrolls VI, but this is what the studio has focused on. So no, you are not going to hear early about The Elder Scrolls VI. Starfield is our focus for now, and it's going to remain our priority for a while before we talk about anything else.

Just to be clear, is The Elder Scrolls VI in pre-production or in a concept phase?

No. It's in development, but it's in early development.

Vandal

Around the Network

3100 of those articles are GR and PCG trashing the game lol

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Another verified leaker with the game has said the main story is a 90/100.

Everyone's rating seems to go up the more they play.