By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
coolbeans said:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/forza-motorsport-wont-have-split-screen-and-other-legacy-features-for-launch/1100-6516817/

So, I'm not one to hyper-fixate on missing launch features (perhaps I've been too nice about it in the past); that said, what is the harm of re-delaying Forza at this point?  It's just so weird to have these random announcements of what not to expect for your most enthusiastic buyers.

Delaying would make sense but it is already close to 5 years in the work? 

So long the core is fine, what seems to be missing is a roadmap, when will the next tracks be added? Cars etc?  

The game is a bit light in content compared to the last FM7

Around the Network
Spade said:
Ryuu96 said:

Everyone seems to have a friend who has played or is playing Starfield lately

Especially one idiot who I refuse to post, LOL.

Yes, that idiot.

At least you posted it as an image

Well if Dreamcastwizz says it’s fun then Starfield is a certified banger.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

So weirdly seeing a few Xbots saying Stray is a “walking sim” .. if Stray is a walking sim then Gears is a dating sim. Stray is a platformer set in one of the most stunning cities this gen. Crazy work from an actual indie dev.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Around the Network

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 14 August 2023

coolbeans said:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/forza-motorsport-wont-have-split-screen-and-other-legacy-features-for-launch/1100-6516817/

So, I'm not one to hyper-fixate on missing launch features (perhaps I've been too nice about it in the past); that said, what is the harm of re-delaying Forza at this point?  It's just so weird to have these random announcements of what not to expect for your most enthusiastic buyers.

I do agree there are some features that would deserve holding a game back but Split Screen isn't one of them.  I do enjoy Split Screen when available as I occasionally have a friend that comes over and we look for any game that has Split Screen to play.  The thing is, that is the only time I ever use it.  I would hate to have to wait for a anticipated game for a feature I only rarely use compared to getting the game now.  I see no reason to wait 6 months or however long it would take to get Split Screen to work when I can be playing the majority of the game now.

Split screen must be such an issue and resource hog to implement that holding back the whole game for something that is not used by the majority of gamers isn't worth the cost and I would have to agree.  Could be the same issue others have had trying to get it to work on the series S.  Its just to much of a resource issue that its not a simple feature to implement.

Starfield remaining near the top. Impressive since we're still over 2 weeks away from release. #6 in global Steam charts

konnichiwa said:
coolbeans said:

Delaying would make sense but it is already close to 5 years in the work? 

So long the core is fine, what seems to be missing is a roadmap, when will the next tracks be added? Cars etc?  

The game is a bit light in content compared to the last FM7

Didn't they start from scratch with the tracks and cars for FM8? I think 500 cars and 20 tracks is a decent amount for launch especially with how much post launch support that will happen but yeah as you said hopefully they posts a 6 or 12 month plan just before launch so we can see what kind of cadence to expect new stuff.

I think it seems like a step down in cars/tracks because FM7 was massive after they built on FM5 with 6 and eventually 7 where as FM8 is from a new development point