By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Hmm, Matty brings out some good points as far as concerns when it comes to the rumored Oblivion remake. Firstly, the hybrid of UE5/Gamebryo engine. Results of hybrid engines within UE have been....mixed. He gives a couple of examples like GTA Trilogy and Halo MCC. Both games were in terrible, terrible states when they released. It brings up the concern about the level of mod support that can be expected as well.

There's also another notable example that I thought of with Quake Champions where it was a hybrid of Saber's proprietary engine and id Tech. The game just had a lot of technical issues that were never fully resolved to this day. So the concept of hybrid game engines being used has had very mixed results. MCC eventually became great, but it took years. 

Then there's also the concern of just Virtuos being the developer. Their most recent work was The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition. The other more recent notable project of theirs was the PC port of Horizon: Zero Dawn which was bad at launch and Nixxes had to come in and fix the game.

So Virtuos's reputation is.....more on the negative side. So them being tasked with a remake of Oblivion on a hybrid engine isn't exactly instilling confidence.

Around the Network

gtotheunit91 said:

Hopefully they expand this WW, but damn this is very pro-consumer. Not familiar if the other big 2 do it but everyone should, controllers are too expensive these days to toss em over a fixable issue.

Ryuu96 said:

@EpicRandy Thoughts on the above? Would you read it the same way?

Yes, I'm reading it the same way.

Also, by pure logic, there's no way they don't include AB content on Standard GamePass. Their top IPs are mainly multiplayer-centric, playing them through standard Game Pass will already limit users by default and provide additional incentive to them to upgrade. No way Xbox make them GPU exclusive in a bid to sell more GPU sub while completely missing that standard GP would be the best cheap marketing strategy to hook new users to GP and later convert them to GPU.

Also while GP PC does not require GPU for multiplayer, this is the segment where MS is trying to stimulate growth the most so no way they skip adding AB content on there as well.

It's so weird to me that Bethesda didn't manage to get the Fallout 4 Series X/PS5 update they announced for a 2023 release out before Starfield. Seems like it would have been perfect to get it out first to tide fans over while they waited for Starfield. As far as I know a porting studio is doing the update rather than Bethesda themselves, so it's not like they delayed it to focus all attention on Starfield crunch. Wonder what is taking the porting studio so long?

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 01 August 2023

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

It's so weird to me that Bethesda didn't manage to get the Fallout 4 Series X update they announced for a 2023 release out before Starfield. Seems like it would have been perfect to get it out first to tide fans over while they waited for Starfield. As far as I know a porting studio is doing the update rather than Bethesda themselves, so it's not like they delayed it to focus all attention on Starfield crunch. Wonder what is taking the porting studio so long?

Not sure. I can only say that playing Fallout 4 day one on PC was a fucking nightmare to get it running smoothly, screen judder being the most notorious culprit for me. Took me most of my first day to fix it and find the right settings balance for a locked 60.

My impression is that the engine was really showing it's age by that point and the game wasn't well optimised at all.

My weekly purchases:

Cod WaW (on disc because buying it digitally will only give me a french version)
Asivine Dios             
Monster Viator
Toejam and Early back in the Groove
Revenant Saga
Revenant Dogma                                                 

I think I passed 30 games from Kemco that I bought and still have not played.

Talking about spending money. Tempted to get The Callisto Protocol.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

The Flight Simulator Controller