By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Lol at MS altering the deal so that it only applies to COD eat that L Jimbo, hope that we actually get exclusives from this sooner rather than later.

Around the Network
aTokenYeti said:

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1680665085482598401?s=46&t=TCPwK79aaKOpyswC3JnktQ

So the original deal covered all ABK titles. The new one Sony just signed only covers call of duty. Still covers 10 years.

That’s a major L for PlayStation.

It was a gamble on Sony part.  If you think about it, Sony really not losing anything.  They were always going to get COD.  Overwatch needs multiple platforms as a service game so nothing changes there.  It will be a new console cycle and probably well into it before we see Diablo 5.  The only real thing that could be something of interest is that new IP we heard about Blizzard is working on.  I am sure Phil stamp it with the exclusive hammer but then again maybe they will not if they have plans for some smaller acquisition and want those to go through smoothly.

EspadaGrim said:

Lol at MS altering the deal so that it only applies to COD eat that L Jimbo, hope that we actually get exclusives from this sooner rather than later.

Black Ops 2 is still my favorite CoD (MP wise).

Around the Network

KnowinStuff Said:

Everyone keeps acting like this deal will closed by the 18th. All indications are that it won't. We just haven't seen the things that you see when a giant merger is closing within a few days. (The SEC filings, the delisting of the stock [not removal from the nasdaq-100; actual delisting] , the freezing of options and transactions in the company's retirement accounts, etc.) This stuff is not done instantly. I think this deal is more likely to close than it ever has been, but I'd be absolutely shocked if it happens Monday/Tuesday.

All of that is ignoring that we also don't have the CMA clearance yet, and I still view it as unlikely that the deal closes without it, but even if MSFT were planning that course of action, we'd not be seeing it by the 18th at this point.

Pixis Said:

Yeah - I agree. As you mention, none of the line-up SEC stuff has even been mentioned yet, not to mention nothing from the CMA and the fact there’s the CMC tomorrow to discuss the pause at CAT level. I also found Brad Smith’s tweet earlier somewhat illuminating given he said “after crossing the finish line for the deal’s approval” - which doesn’t smack of Microsoft intending to close imminently. I’d be extremely shocked, put it that way.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 16 July 2023

Depending on trading activity I can see Activisions stock being halted tomorrow. Depending on what happens with the CMA I think probably end of Wednesday/Thursday trading hours are when the stock gets delisted and shareholders paid.

Ryuu96 said:

KnowinStuff Said:

Everyone keeps acting like this deal will closed by the 18th. All indications are that it won't. We just haven't seen the things that you see when a giant merger is closing within a few days. (The SEC filings, the delisting of the stock [not removal from the nasdaq-100; actual delisting] , the freezing of options and transactions in the company's retirement accounts, etc.) This stuff is not done instantly. I think this deal is more likely to close than it ever has been, but I'd be absolutely shocked if it happens Monday/Tuesday.

All of that is ignoring that we also don't have the CMA clearance yet, and I still view it as unlikely that the deal closes without it, but even if MSFT were planning that course of action, we'd not be seeing it by the 18th at this point.

Pixis Said:

Yeah - I agree. As you mention, none of the line-up SEC stuff has even been mentioned yet, not to mention nothing from the CMA and the fact there’s the CMC tomorrow to discuss the pause at CAT level. I also found Brad Smith’s tweet earlier somewhat illuminating given he said “after crossing the finish line for the deal’s approval” - which doesn’t smack of Microsoft intending to close imminently. I’d be extremely shocked, put it that way.

Are we supposed to know who either of these people are? Or are you just providing random statements from random people

NobleTeam360 said:

Black Ops 2 is still my favorite CoD (MP wise).

Best CoD til this day.

NobleTeam360 said:
Ryuu96 said:

KnowinStuff Said:

Pixis Said:

Are we supposed to know who either of these people are? Or are you just providing random statements from random people

Lol. They both have M&A knowledge, I forgot what their exact job titles are but basically they're treated as resourceful as Idas is in that thread.