By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

It's dumb as well because kids are one of COD's largest audience, Lol.

Around the Network

Ryuu96 said:

We haven't talked too much about the Statement of Issues from New Zealand, but they also think that Nintendo does not compete with Sony or MS:

We do not currently consider that the merged entity would have the ability or incentive to foreclose Nintendo in any market. Nintendo focuses primarily on its own first-party games such as the popular Mario franchise. As a result, it does not appear to compete closely with Sony or Microsoft, and instead is marketed as a more family-friendly, casual offering.

Source: Idas

Guess it really is The Five Eyes vs The Rest of the World

Won't be surprised if Canada, Australia and New Zealand join the block soon as a last ditch effort to support UK.

This gonna be awkward when Tears of the Kingdom wins Game of the Year against the likes of FF16, Spider-Man 2, and Starfield

Ryuu96 said:

The order isn't a surprise at all. Xbox having the highest digital % isn't a surprise with the Switch being the least. I'm surprised Switch digital is as low as it is. I'd have thought it would be closer 35-40%.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
DroidKnight said:
shikamaru317 said:

I'm also level 51 on my Sorcereress, but I'm not even through act 3 yet on the main story. I've been exploring each district of the map fully and finding all altars of lilith in each, doing about half of each districts side quests, and doing a few of the side dungeons, as I go through each district as the main story takes me there. Just got to the left bottom map disctrict in act 3, and I've only done a single side quest and a single side dungeon there so far, still have to go find all of the altars in that map. Then after that I still have the bottom right district to fully explore and do side quests in as well. Going to take me more than a week to finish the main campaign at this rate.

I sped up my campaign play-though because the world monsters stop leveling up at level 50.  I didn't want to be OP for the final acts.

Well that is kind of disappointing to hear. I really can't fathom why you would design a game with mountains of side quests and exploration content like Diablo 4 has, and then level cap enemies at 50 while letting players level up past 50 on the initial playthrough, cheating the many RPG players who like to do alot of side content alongside the main story content out of the valuable XP curve from higher level enemies. This means that a player who choses to do side content after finishing the main story will level up faster than one who likes to do all side content before finishing the main story (which is usually what I do in open world games). 

shikamaru317 said:
DroidKnight said:

I sped up my campaign play-though because the world monsters stop leveling up at level 50.  I didn't want to be OP for the final acts.

Well that is kind of disappointing to hear. I really can't fathom why you would design a game with mountains of side quests and exploration content like Diablo 4 has, and then level cap enemies at 50 while letting players level up past 50 on the initial playthrough, cheating the many RPG players who like to do alot of side content alongside the main story content out of the valuable XP curve from higher level enemies. This means that a player who choses to do side content after finishing the main story will level up faster than one who likes to do all side content before finishing the main story (which is usually what I do in open world games). 

Yep, it hit me the same way.  I read about it when I was a level 39 and started adjusting the way I was playing from there.  I think the side dungeons and side quests may be good for the additional character designs for new play-throughs and skipping the story part and doing the sides instead?  But, yeah it could of been nicer with a different leveling up system.  

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Well, apparently we're all either AI or paid off MS agents.

When were y'all gonna tell me!?!?! And can I please have some of that MS check?

DroidKnight said:
shikamaru317 said:

Yep, it hit me the same way.  I read about it when I was a level 39 and started adjusting the way I was playing from there.  I think the side dungeons and side quests may be good for the additional character designs for new play-throughs and skipping the story part and doing the sides instead?  But, yeah it could of been nicer with a different leveling up system.  

Well, guess I will abandon all side content from here on out, even my altar of lilith hunting, until after I finish the main story. Thankfully I'm about to unlock my horse soon, so I will simply be able to run past all open world mobs safely instead of fighting them all like I have been doing. Rush through the rest of the main story and then start on the rest of my side content and finding the rest of the altars of lilith so that my other classes will start out OP from all of the altar bonuses. 

gtotheunit91 said:

Well, apparently we're all either AI or paid off MS agents.

When were y'all gonna tell me!?!?! And can I please have some of that MS check?

I usually respect Mark Kern's (former Blizzard dev who was the vanilla World of Warcraft game director) opinions on the gaming industry and game design quite alot, but he is definitely off the mark on this one. He seems convinced that Xbox wants to pull a Netflix, consolidate most of the industry behind Gamepass and then suddenly jack up the prices. When he got ratio'd by Xbox fans calling out his opinion, then he started saying his critics were either paid by Xbox shill accounts, or a bot army employed to ratio him. 

I respect Mark, but it's pretty clear that he has never worked with Xbox a day in his life. He seems to be completely out of the loop about how they operate in regards to indies. I posted many of the articles of indie devs praising Xbox as the most indie friendly of the 3 consoles and praising Gamepass for bringing their games increased revenue, after he claimed Gamepass was bad for indies, in an attempt to educate him, but I doubt he even read most of the replies since he seems convinced we're all just a bot brigade. It's a shame, I would actually love to see his upcoming indie mech suit MMO on Xbox, but that seems unlikely to happen since he has such a poor opinion of Xbox.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 03 July 2023