By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 18 41.86%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 25 58.14%

Total:43
NobleTeam360 said:

Yeah, the only football I like is NFL football, and the Cowboys won yesterday so I am happy. I don't care about soccer in the slightest (sorry) so I'm not watching the US vs England.

Its called football . You kick the ball with your foot its football .

Around the Network
VersusEvil said:

Tbf, I tried listening to the football but in the time it took me to leave work and get a sandwich Iran beat us 2 - 0 lol.

Also to Zero, I'm playing Torment: Tides of Numenera around 13hrs in.

God going didnt get around to it myself yet but its on my play list of "soon to play games".

Just wrapped up the 1000G for Torment: ToN, my one only complaint I have is battles where just so slow for example the final battle consisting of 16 people (including yourself) and having to watch each individual turn slowly play out. Apart from that tho, a decent InXile RPG.

Next up: Norco

Last edited by VersusEvil - on 25 November 2022

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

It will take me a while to reach 50% completion rate for achievements. Also means I need to get 50% or more on any new games. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Antitrust officials in the UK and Australia have raised concerns the takeover would give Microsoft an overwhelming advantage in cloud gaming, a nascent industry. That's an area of particular sensitivity for Federal Trade Commission Chair Lina Khan, who earlier this year sued to block Meta Platforms Inc. from acquiring a popular fitness app to gain an edge in the fledgling virtual reality market.

Although Khan hasn't commented specifically on the Activision deal, she said at an October conference that the FTC is focusing on ways digital platforms use mergers to maintain their dominance during periods of technical transitions.

"Right now we are seeing that period of technological transition -- be it in the context of the cloud or voice assistants or virtual reality," Khan said. "We have to be especially vigilant across the board, but particularly in the merger context."

Microsoft said it has offered a proposal that would keep Call of Duty on the Playstation for the next 10 years. But that kind of a settlement might not placate regulators, said Bloomberg Intelligence analyst Jennifer Rie.

"This is a deal that needs behavioral concessions and the FTC is not accepting behavioral concessions," Rie said. "They don't have any other choice but to sue."

Microsoft’s Activision Deal Hangs on Long-Shot FTC Settlement - Bloomberg

Around the Network

This Cloud stuff is such an odd concern.

Worrying that Microsoft will have an advantage in an unproven, unprofitable, insignificant market which likely accounts for less than 1% of Gaming overall and more than half of Microsoft's competitors have zero interest in. Two of the biggest publishers (Take Two, Activision-Blizzard) are already publicly on record stating that they have no interest in Cloud/Subscription Services and don't believe in their future.

It's simply a market that right now has next to no consumer interest, a market that is at least a decade away from becoming viable, if it ever does and if you want it to become viable, you'll need to go after ISP's first, they're being worried about something that may never actually take off and become a proper market with a consumer interest.

They're worried that Activision-Blizzard would give Microsoft an advantage but if they block the deal, then nobody gets Activision-Blizzard titles because they've already made it clear that if independent, they have absolutely zero interest in the market, they've even blocked their titles from GeForce Now.

Either way, Sony is never getting CoD into their Streaming Service or Cloud Service on day one, the cost firstly would be ridiculous and secondly, Activision has no desire to do it. They may get it years later but by then the effects have been significantly reduced. So, the choice to regulators, either Microsoft has it or nobody has it.

Let's be honest, Microsoft is one of few actually committing to it and trying, it feels like in order to stop Microsoft from having an advantage, regulators are thinking the solution is to cripple the market entirely, if it's not even profitable for Microsoft then it leaves little room for anyone else and killing deals like this may cause it to never become a viable business, is that really the preferable outcome?

If they blocked the deal on that basis, they not only maintain the status quo, leaving a dominant PlayStation easily outselling the competition and punish proactive early innovation, bringing new ideas to the industry, but they also severely cripple Cloud Gaming as an industry and leave it remaining insignificant.

Microsoft have already stated that Cloud Gaming isn't profitable, they've missed internal targets, it's an incredibly tiny market and Google have already abandoned it, two of the largest publishers have no interest in it (Take-Two/Activision-Blizzard), it's at least a decade away from becoming viable and entirely dependent on ISPs which is out of Microsoft's control.

Who is to say that blocking this deal won't just make Microsoft also abandon Cloud Gaming? If it becomes a reason as to why they can't grow their business then can you really blame them if they decide to abandon it entirely given all the other factors? Thus delivering another huge blow to the Cloud Gaming industry.

I'm so sick of these shit regulators. They are supposed to exist to protect consumers from the kind of deals Sony makes (like 7 AAA hat deals just in the first 3 years of this generation). Instead they are too busy harassing Xbox when they try to do something that will allow them to actually become competitive with Sony and Nintendo.

How in the world is cloud gaming a concern at all here? Nvidia's GeForce Now cloud gaming service has been around the longest of the current big 4 cloud gaming services (6 years) and is surely the market leader right now, not Xbox Cloud Gaming. Xbox Cloud Gaming still lacks 4K streaming quality, which both Luna and GeForce Now have. Graphics settings of the games on Xbox Cloud Gaming are likely lower than those on both Luna and GeForce Now, which are PC based, while Xbox Cloud Gaming is limited to Xbox Series X (and this gap will only grow over the generation as GeForce Now and Luna Servers are upgraded to keep running the latest games at high graphics settings). Xbox Cloud Gaming's current game library is a small fraction of the size of GeForce Now's game library. There is no guarantee that Cloud Gaming as a whole will ever take off and exceed native gaming hardware in usage statistics, and even if does, Xbox has 3 competitors currently who are in a strong position to keep them in check.

What also gets me is that GeForce Now only streams games that you already OWN on other services like Steam, Epic Games Store, etc. It’s not a service that has its only catalog of games you have to purchase first like what Stadia was.

I think Microsoft is also preparing to make concessions for CoD on xCloud too because they mention to CMA that it wouldn't make much sense to put CoD into xCloud because consumers may confuse it for CoD Mobile which I thought was fucking stupid at the time but now I see why they would say that.

Could see two concessions, CoD on PlayStation for 10 years and no CoD for xCloud.

These concerns are just covers for "big tech bad", Lol. We'll see if the concessions are enough for CMA, I'm hoping they aren't as desperate for a political win as the FTC is and will accept reasonable concessions, this entire deal hinges on CMA because FTC can be smacked down in court unlike the CMA.

ice said:
Ryuu96 said:

That was me, sorry.

You're supposed to take it after I wear them

Gunvolt 3 DLC is free for 2 weeks I guess, so if you're planning on buying it or already own it better snag it now

Didn't know, thanks for posting this here. Will grab this one for sure.

Spade said:

Post yall's Black Friday haul!

Not looking so great for me honestly.

Sackboy... got that for $20 (PS5 getting no use this year sadly)
Just Cause 3 and 4 (Yeah they on Game pass, but meh)
TMNT Collection
Tekken 7

That's it so far sadly. Last year was so much better, but that's probably because a lot of the games were older I didn't have. I suspect next year will be much better.

Literally nothing this year

zero129 said:

So what all you guys playing atm?.

Persona 5 Royal. Around 50 hours in, with at least 50 more to go, I guess. I'm probably set for the rest of the year with this game.