By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Around the Network

I'm pretty busy today, so I don't have much time to interact on what is happening, thanks @Ryuu96 for your coverage it's well appreciated.

I think MS is handling the situation quite well, the FTC case is as weak as we thought it to be, but at least, they look more prepared than their CMA counterpart.

Spade said:
VersusEvil said:

I heard from a soldier on deployment that MS got destroyed in 4K. You telling me that’s not the case!

That soldier got hit on the head one too many times. 

Don't make fun of the troops!

Oooof!

Around the Network

Let's say the deal does go through. In order to make good on equal parity and content, (what if some really cool skin sets were available in COD that had some type of Xbox branding on them, or other forms of Xbox branding on buildings, signs or vehicles) wouldn't it need to be the same for Playstation? For an identical experience the playstation version would have to keep the Xbox branding in game, and the game would also need to be designed without taking advantage of the adaptive triggers and some of the haptic feedback.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DroidKnight said:

Let's say the deal does go through. In order to make good on equal parity and content, (what if some really cool skin sets were available in COD that had some type of Xbox branding on them, or other forms of Xbox branding on buildings, signs or vehicles) wouldn't it need to be the same for Playstation? For an identical experience the playstation version would have to keep the Xbox branding in game, and the game would also need to be designed without taking advantage of the adaptive triggers and some of the haptic feedback.

My assumption would be that parity in that case would mean Xbox Logo Skins = Playstation Logo Skins or Xbox IP crossover Skins = Playstation IP crossover Skins. Sony obviously wouldn't want Xbox branding or characters on Playstation as that would be free advertising for their competitor, so if Xbox wanted to make a skin with the Xbox Logo or a skin based on an Xbox character like say Master Chief, parity would mean that Playstation would get a Playstation Logo skin or a skin based on a Playstation character such as Nathan Drake as a counter for the skin released on Xbox.

As for Sony's haptic feedback and adaptive triggers, according to the letter of the law, Xbox could withhold support for those after acquiring ABK, but I doubt they would personally. Ideally Xbox should release a mid-gen refresh Xbox controller with the haptic feedback and adaptive triggers, something which Phil previously teased he was considering doing.

Glad we finally got the Indiana Jones confirmation

Xcloud is starting to become my favorite feature this gen ahead of quick resume. It's really neat to be able to play pretty much all the game pass games on the cloud to see if I'll enjoy it before committing to the SSD space. I got lost in a playthrough of ghostwire tokyo the other day and I forgot for a second i was playing it streamed. Just a very convenient feature and I didn't really care about cloud gaming that much. It was always laggy when I tried it in the past but the tech has really come a long way.