By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Around the Network
KiigelHeart said:

I don't know which I find more irritating, Starfield being 30fps only (even if it is somewhat understandable) or people calling out those who are disappointed. I mean this better not become a norm again. After all the hype about Velocity Architecture and power and how it's going to revolutionze game design they're taking a step back and making gaming less enjoyable? 

I started Mafia II DE yesterday to try and get used to 30fps again but fucking hell it's bad :/ 

Anyway, I just ordered a 65" LG C2 OLED evo -television to make things even a bit smoother. That's how hyped and committed I am to play Starfield but as Phil is my witness I won't stop crying and moaning  you hear me?!

.. also got a nice bargain and wanted 120fps on Halo Infinite but still.

It took me between 2 and 3 hours in Forza Horizon 3 to get used to 30 FPS again. After that it was alright.

I can't comment on Mafia II DE as I haven't played it but the Mafia remake wasn't too bad in 30 FPS. However, some 30 FPS games definitely feel worse to play than others, probably due to inconsistent frame pacing.

VersusEvil said:

You thought MakesMeSoft put a lot of repetitive content and collectibles in Valhalla, welcome to SW Outcasts with an ENTIRE GALAXY of repetitive shit and collectibles. Main char is a major cutey tho.

Also on the topic of Fables allegedly “ugly main characters” … it’s woke to be ugly now? What my life come to … my entire face is a controversy ;-;

I might be an oddity, but I actually kind of enjoy the repetitive stuff in Ubisoft's open world games. It has never really felt like a chore to me, at least until Valhalla, which definitely went a bit overboard with the repetitiveness, there was nowhere near enough main and side missions compared to the number of ? repetitive open world items in each zone of the map.

You should be happy to hear that Yves Guillemot, CEO of Ubisoft, has stated that they plan to scale back a bit and make their games a bit smaller again in the future. Obviously AC Mirage is alot smaller, as it is not a full priced AC game, they are selling it for $50, $20 less than AAA games, because it is expected to be somewhere between AC Liberation (16 hours completionist time) and AC Rogue (39 hours completionist time). But even after Mirage Ubisoft has suggested that even their big AAA AC games like Assassin's Creed Codename Red and Codename Hexe will be smaller than Valhalla (142 hours completionist time), likely closer to the size of AC Origins (84 hours completionist time).

Around the Network

@Spade 

Ryuu96 said:

Wtf??? Are MachineGames just going to leave us on a Half-Life 2: Episode 2 level cliffhanger?!? 

Maybe not that drastic lol, but still the story was supposed to continue!