By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Postal 4 devs of all devs going off. Why don't the devs of Balan go off on Twitter trying to tell people how to make a functional platformer game? Hey, maybe the Ride to Hell devs can educate us on good writing in games and combat/shooting mechanics? Did you see where the developers of Quiet Man made a video on sound design?

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Leynos said:

Postal 4 devs of all devs going off. Why don't the devs of Balan go off on Twitter trying to tell people how to make a functional platformer game? Hey, maybe the Ride to Hell devs can educate us on good writing in games and combat/shooting mechanics? Did you see where the developers of Quiet Man made a video on sound design?

I'm not sure if Yuji Naka is allowed twitter in jail.

ice said:

Do you think Fable will allow you to pick ur gender or have any character customization? Kinda seems like she's the main character in the gameplay, dude even mentioned "high cheek bones" unless the dialog changes in game. I like her though, she seems funny. Just saw the massive twitter thread about the character being ugly because of wokeness, my god. 

I’m pretty sure it will, gender select has been a thing in Fable since 2 so I doubt they would lock you to playing a single gender. Could be worse tho … could be an “RPG” that forces you to play a disgusting male yuck.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

They should honestly delay Starfield till next year to get it to 60fps. Feels like another game held back by the Series S. Sad to see. You got bigger and better looking games like FF16 hitting 60fps, Starfield should easily be hitting 60.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Shaunodon said:

Are you sure? I played a bit of P3FE on PS2 and I'm pretty sure I remember walking around.

I only finished P5 so far with plans to go back and restart the old games, but it's a bit of a hassle to set up my PS2 currently that I considered just buying the remasters on Xbox instead. Probably not worth it if they changed that much with P3P.

P3 and P3FE on PS2 yes, you walk around.

P3P on PSP and the recent ports on modern platforms - its like a VN where you can select/click different points on a still image (to talk to a character, interact, etc) - no walking around.

P3, P3FES (PS2)

P3P

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Shaunodon said:

Are you sure? I played a bit of P3FE on PS2 and I'm pretty sure I remember walking around.

I only finished P5 so far with plans to go back and restart the old games, but it's a bit of a hassle to set up my PS2 currently that I considered just buying the remasters on Xbox instead. Probably not worth it if they changed that much with P3P.

P3 and P3FE on PS2 yes, you walk around.

P3P on PSP and the recent ports on modern platforms - its like a VN where you can select/click different points on a still image (to talk to a character, interact, etc) - no walking around.

P3, P3FES (PS2)

P3P

Oh... yuck.

Seems like I'll have to dust off the secondary tv and PS2. Stay safe current-gen peasants.

ice said:

Do you think Fable will allow you to pick ur gender or have any character customization? Kinda seems like she's the main character in the gameplay, dude even mentioned "high cheek bones" unless the dialog changes in game. I like her though, she seems funny. Just saw the massive twitter thread about the character being ugly because of wokeness, my god. 

Well they better allow it, at least to customize her looks. While I usually prefer alpha male character, Fable is a game to play female, eat pies & mutton chops to make her as thick & sexy as possible and then have you way with a skinny peasant guy. Character from trailer doesn't have the looks for this.

Last edited by KiigelHeart - on 13 June 2023

Great to see hardware supply issues resolved as mentioned by Phill at the end of the showcase. Nice boost in sales.

smroadkill15 said:

I feel like that Fable trailer could be the intro of the game. You fight the giant as your first boss. I'd be down with that.

I could buy that theory, I think there is some gameplay snippets in parts, such as when she throws the fireball at the bandit but more importantly for this theory, when she's fighting the giant after 1:30 it look like they include some gameplay snippets to me. She's fighting the giant with mainly traps it appears, I reckon she gets lucky in taking him down rather than pure skill which would be a good start.

If this trailer sets the tone then we can see that she is just a small village hero but even then she isn't that well respected yet, a person calls her a wanker and the dude sarcastically replying to her when she kicks a chicken, Lol. Perhaps she takes on the giant and after that gains a lot of fame and then our journey takes us to Bowerstone from wherever she starts at (Oakvale?).

Also, I just noticed that Richard is there as two characters, Lol.

He's not a giant here, so what is going on? Did I miss something in Jack and the Beanstalk? Lol.

ice said:

Ignore them, she looks fine, she looks British to me, a classical example of what a woman hero roughing it up would actually look like in a fictionalised setting of likely the early 1000's and not a perfect looking princess who looks like she hasn't fought a day in her life. But ah man, this character in the trailer doesn't get my dick hard so it must be wokeness, Lol.

I'm certain we'll have gender picking, we've had it since Fable 2? I'm not so certain we'll have character customisation from the start because Fable has never had that but I hope we do, Fable typically only allows you to change your character appearance during certain actions through the game, such as eating to become fat, dying to gain scars, being evil and good changing your appearance, and then basic stuff like changing your hair.

Hmm...I'd be in favour of them skipping the "child" part that Fable sometimes has if it got us character customisation instead, we start off as a young adult so we can start with character customisation. She seems cool but I need to see more, I think they've nailed the British tone though and the graphics are fucking beautiful. However, I have a lot of questions still.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 13 June 2023

Maybe Richard is also playing the guy who sold the farmer the magic beans? Lol. It would be awesome if he was in it more than just to be a giant who gets killed at the start. Something like him being a travelling merchant who sells unique stuff who you run into a few times, oh and now I really hope Matt Berry is in it too.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 13 June 2023