By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
smroadkill15 said:

Everyone is now thinking Fable is going to be there. Xbox better come out and say if it's not because people are going to be upset if it doesn't show up now lol

If Xbox is gonna put a cork in it, it better be soon lol. Media outlets are running Fable being at the Xbox showcase as fact. 

Around the Network

Who knew Skynet was based on a potential real future. Scary times, just let me enjoy Fable first.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

It's nice to see so many excited for Fable but it also worries me so many are expecting Fable to be there now.

Which tbf, you can't announce a game 3 years ago and expect people not to want to see it. So MS is kind of just digging their own grave by not showing anything for long periods of time.

"And if that wasn’t enough they are…literally playing music from Fable during the video."

But it *literally* isn't music from Fable

But hey at least Microsoft will HAVE to comment now if it isn't in the showcase.

I'm not sure they'd have much to show for the new Fable, maybe a short teaser of some kind, but I feel the bigger announcement might be a Fable remastered collection. Seems like a no-brainer considering the series missed an entire generation.

Around the Network

Always astonishing to me how people can make a living from posting about topics they have no clue about. "Let's just mention the music even though I have no clue because...why not!"

NobleTeam360 said:

It's nice to see so many excited for Fable but it also worries me so many are expecting Fable to be there now.

Which tbf, you can't announce a game 3 years ago and expect people not to want to see it. So MS is kind of just digging their own grave by not showing anything for long periods of time.

As I've always said, the issue isn't really early announcements for me, it's early announcements then fuck all for years on end.

So yes, I want to see Fable, I'm all for early announcements, as long as you don't go dark for 3 dang years afterwards, Lol.

Shaunodon said:

I'm not sure they'd have much to show for the new Fable, maybe a short teaser of some kind, but I feel the bigger announcement might be a Fable remastered collection. Seems like a no-brainer considering the series missed an entire generation.

Fable is Holiday 2025, Imo, so yeah, if Fable is here what I would expect is a in-engine story trailer, nothing more, absolutely not gameplay. Grubb said CG trailers take 2 months to create and in-engine trailers take 6 months to create and a notable amount of distraction/workforce. Absolutely do not see them going all the way with gameplay this early in development.

But I'm okay with that, I just want to see something Fable again.

Yes, they should do a remastered collection, partly because Fable Anniversary ran like crap at the time of release, partly because not all Fable titles are on PC (IIRC) and partly because Fable 1-2 are awesome titles and deserve a fresh coat of paint.

I can only think of one reason why Playground doesn't want to do it, or maybe two, the distraction (in which case, tell XGSP to do it) or Playground doesn't deem it worth it because their Fable will stand on its own as a reboot and they'll be no need to play the other 3 Fable's in contrast to The Coalition where Rod made them play Gears 1-3 and remaster Gears UE before Gears 4, a direct sequel.

And cause Microsoft is useless at taking advantage of remasters lately.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 31 May 2023

Ryuu96 said:
NobleTeam360 said:

As I've always said, the issue isn't really early announcements for me, it's early announcements then fuck all for years on end.

So yes, I want to see Fable, I'm all for early announcements, as long as you don't go dark for 3 dang years afterwards, Lol.

Yeah, I agree. I don't have a problem if they announce things really early (for established IPs). Just don't go dark for multiple years, all that does is create these types of situations.

NobleTeam360 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Yeah, I agree. I don't have a problem if they announce things really early (for established IPs). Just don't go dark for multiple years, all that does is create these types of situations.

This situation and concern too, Lol.

Haven't seen it in a couple years, must be development hell.

*Report of a little development issue which every single AAA goes through* - Must be development hell.

And there's nothing to rebuke it even if the concern is unwarranted.

Like I pointed out, Kingdom Hearts 3 was revealed like 6 fucking years before release but Square showed it every single year from announcement to release, Lmao.

I just want to see something, concept art, or w/e, I want to get a sense of how Bowerstone, Oakvale will look, I want to know if this is a full blown reboot or a spire reboot, I want to see the art-style for the creatures, I want to see what their spin on Fable looks like, I want to hear the OST, Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 31 May 2023

Lol.