By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 13 39.39%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 20 60.61%

Total:33

I know it is a bit random but I came accross Asmongold reacting to an AI version of himself answering questions it is surreal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNGeTCPPrMA

Anyway Redfall doesn't really excite me so far but basically every Arkane game , took me years to play Prey and then I loved it...

Around the Network

On the horizon is Fallout and HBO’s The Son, which she is producing via her and Nolan’s Kilter Films, while she is also working on a “couple of other projects that I’m really excited about” including “some more video game stuff.”

‘Westworld’ Co-creator Lisa Joy Addressed A Series Mania Masterclass – Deadline

Wonder if anymore are Xbox/Bethesda IP since they have that working relationship already via Fallout.

Ryuu96 said:

hope this fixes their algorithm, I always feel like I have to type damn near the entire thing before relevant results start to show 

"Game Pass has a ton of players, it could become our biggest game thanks to 30 million, where I can't remember the exact number, of subscribers."

Not Harvey throwing out the wrong number too.

It's okay, Take-Two's CEO said the same.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 22 March 2023

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
Zippy6 said:

The optimist in me is saying a Series X revision is about to be announced, and that would explain the horrific Series X stock recently as they've already moved to manufacturing the new one. But I think I'm reaching.

Sony did something like that.

The move to a 6nm chip means the logic transistor density increased by 18.8% and the die size shrunk from 300 square millimeters to just 270 (roughly 15% smaller). The other benefit of the smaller chip for Sony is the fact 20% more of them can be produced per wafer, with little difference in production cost.

New PS5 Model Uses More Efficient 'Oberon Plus' 6nm Chip (pcmag.com)

Likely Xbox is working on a similar solution.

Microsoft Reportedly Working On Smaller, More Power Efficient Series X Chip | Pure Xbox

Wouldn't change the outside look though so I'm not sure if that is the ?

The change to 6nm would be very welcome. Though like you said, PS5 did that 6 months ago now and is supposedly launching a new model this year so I think some kind of Series X Slim instead would be great.

Skimmed through Redfall impressions, a lot of positives.

Aren't ID Software heavily involved in the gunplay? Feel like I read that once.

Lots of collaboration between Bethesda studios all of the time.

Ryuu96 said:

Skimmed through Redfall impressions, a lot of positives.

Aren't ID Software heavily involved in the gunplay? Feel like I read that once.

Lots of collaboration between Bethesda studios all of the time.

Yeah id Software helps out with gunplay in pretty much all Bethesda games lol. Fallout especially and I believe they're also assisting with the gunplay in Starfield. 

Zippy6 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Sony did something like that.

The move to a 6nm chip means the logic transistor density increased by 18.8% and the die size shrunk from 300 square millimeters to just 270 (roughly 15% smaller). The other benefit of the smaller chip for Sony is the fact 20% more of them can be produced per wafer, with little difference in production cost.

New PS5 Model Uses More Efficient 'Oberon Plus' 6nm Chip (pcmag.com)

Likely Xbox is working on a similar solution.

Microsoft Reportedly Working On Smaller, More Power Efficient Series X Chip | Pure Xbox

Wouldn't change the outside look though so I'm not sure if that is the ?

The change to 6nm would be very welcome. Though like you said, PS5 did that 6 months ago now and is supposedly launching a new model this year so I think some kind of Series X Slim instead would be great.

Yup. Here's more.

As the PS5 is the most produced out of the 3 current generation consoles (PS5/XSX/XSS), it sees the biggest benefit moving to N6 first. Going forward, only Oberon Plus will be produced, and 7nm Oberon production stopped. And while one can make near 50% more PS5 chips per wafer than Xbox Series X chips, the latter will also get its 6nm update of Arden in the future.

PS5 Refresh: Oberon Plus - by SkyJuice - Angstronomics

Lets just assume that Xbox started looking into it later than Sony, and Sony's was first spotted in September 2022, plus some of these productions can take up to a year from order - delivery IIRC...I'd say it's reasonable to assume the smaller die should hit Xbox Series X in early 2023.

Isn't the PS5 rumour for 2024? I thought it was for a PS5 Pro as well? Did I miss a rumour of a PS5 Slim? Goddamnit, Loll, If PS is doing a Slim and Pro then Xbox will too, I really don't want a Pro this early and I don't think a "Slim" would be that much slimmer, Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 22 March 2023

Ryuu96 said:
Zippy6 said:

Yup. Here's more.

As the PS5 is the most produced out of the 3 current generation consoles (PS5/XSX/XSS), it sees the biggest benefit moving to N6 first. Going forward, only Oberon Plus will be produced, and 7nm Oberon production stopped. And while one can make near 50% more PS5 chips per wafer than Xbox Series X chips, the latter will also get its 6nm update of Arden in the future.

PS5 Refresh: Oberon Plus - by SkyJuice - Angstronomics

Lets just assume that Xbox started looking into it later than Sony, and Sony's was first spotted in September 2022, plus some of these productions can take up to a year from order - delivery IIRC...I'd say it's reasonable to assume the smaller die should hit Xbox Series X in early 2023.

Isn't the PS5 rumour for 2024? I thought it was for a PS5 Pro as well? Did I miss a rumour of a PS5 Slim? Goddamnit, Loll, If PS is doing a Slim and Pro then Xbox will too, I really don't want a Pro this early and I don't think a "Slim" would be that much slimmer, Lol.

The updated PS5 with detachable disc drive is supposed to launch this fall according to Tom Henderson. Not sure if it will be much smaller or not but it will be the only PS5 model going forward replacing the need for both a Digital and Disc version by just having one console with an optional add-on.