By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

You’re Transported to Fallout’s World, Would You Rather?

Live in a Vault (Random Selection) 18 78.26%

Live on the Surface 5 21.74%

Total:23
the-pi-guy said:
ice said:

I'm kinda shocked MS managed to get MLB in gamepass another year lol that's crazy

I don't think Sony has much to do with it. MLB is publishing. I assume it was cost more money for exclusivity/go multiplatform or MLB will take the license somewhere else.

I'm frankly more surprised that Sony isn't trying to match it with day one on PS+.

oh I know, if it was up to sony it wouldn't be on xbox period, let alone gamepass. Just as you said tho, surprise they haven't tried to at least match it. It being on gamepass kinda steals a lot of thunder

Around the Network

HYPE!!! There's supposed to be a very intuitive controller tutorial as well. 

RIP.

Speaking with IGN last week, Xbox CEO Phil Spencer said the platform holder is timing its showcase with E3 at a moment "convenient for press and even consumers" at the event, meaning it's likely to roughly align with the event itself. Spencer also stressed Xbox's public support for E3 and the Entertainment Software Association (ESA). However, IGN understands that Xbox won't have a booth on the showfloor.

"Xbox is on the board of the ESA, and I think a successful and healthy ESA is critical to what we're trying to go do. So we place our showcase, like we always have done, at a time where hopefully it's convenient for press and even consumers that are going to the E3 event, and that's what we're trying to do now. We will continue to work with ESA in terms of their plans. As I said, we're on the board, and we want to make sure that we are doing everything we can to help make the E3 successful."

-

So if I were to guess, Xbox event will be hosted at the Microsoft Theatre (like 2022) with a limited audience (like 2022)...I can't remember if it had game booths like E3 does for people to play at...But it'll be a blend of live/pre-recorded, live audience watching a pre-recorded event, like 2022.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 30 January 2023

Ryuu96 said:

Speaking with IGN last week, Xbox CEO Phil Spencer said the platform holder is timing its showcase with E3 at a moment "convenient for press and even consumers" at the event, meaning it's likely to roughly align with the event itself. Spencer also stressed Xbox's public support for E3 and the Entertainment Software Association (ESA). However, IGN understands that Xbox won't have a booth on the showfloor.

"Xbox is on the board of the ESA, and I think a successful and healthy ESA is critical to what we're trying to go do. So we place our showcase, like we always have done, at a time where hopefully it's convenient for press and even consumers that are going to the E3 event, and that's what we're trying to do now. We will continue to work with ESA in terms of their plans. As I said, we're on the board, and we want to make sure that we are doing everything we can to help make the E3 successful."

-

So if I were to guess, Xbox event will be hosted at the Microsoft Theatre (like 2022) with a limited audience (like 2022)...Can't remember if 2022 was live or not...I also can't remember if it had game booths like E3 does for people to play at, I assume not because I doubt Microsoft Theatre has the size to open that up to the general public (disregarding the obvious reasons they didn't in 2022).

There was no E3 in 2022 if I recall correctly. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
Ryuu96 said:

-

So if I were to guess, Xbox event will be hosted at the Microsoft Theatre (like 2022) with a limited audience (like 2022)...Can't remember if 2022 was live or not...I also can't remember if it had game booths like E3 does for people to play at, I assume not because I doubt Microsoft Theatre has the size to open that up to the general public (disregarding the obvious reasons they didn't in 2022).

There was no E3 in 2022 if I recall correctly. 

Yeah.

• Literally no reason to pay E3 to have their brand on your stream.
  • No reason to hold a showcase at E3's theatre when Microsoft can save money and use their own theatre right around the corner.

What I'm wondering though is if Microsoft Theatre has the capacity to open up to the general public AND do game booths for people to play at like E3 did. I'm leaning towards no, so the only thing we'd lose is mass public swarming into a theatre to play games, Lol. But they should still be able to do booths if the number invited is small enough, I'm just saying it won't be a full blown public thing like E3.

Xbox's 2022 broadcast had press but also a limited number of Xbox fans were invited, then Phil came onto the stage and introduced himself to them but after that, everything shown to the audience was pre-recorded, sort of like a cinema experience. I think it'll be the same this year, Phil introduces himself to the audience, talks some stuff, everything shown after is pre-recorded.

Gone are the days of live fuckups

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 30 January 2023

Once Nintendo and then PlayStation both stopped showing up, it was only a matter of time before Xbox did the same.

It’s ok maybe Ubisoft can show up and show off Skull & Binz (LOL)

Last edited by VersusEvil - on 31 January 2023

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Raising the price in a region you already struggle in, not good. Miss that momentum it had mid 2022

Ryuu96 said:

Rumbleverse Reportedly Shutting Down Soon

For the love of God, Xbox, put them (Iron Galaxy) on Killer Instinct.

They haven't had much luck since Killer Instinct =/

Iron Galaxy are the ones who refused to do it and now they are going to have to come crawling back in desperation, I feel bad for the studio and the people who are going to get laid off because of this.