By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 13 38.24%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 21 61.76%

Total:34
shikamaru317 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Finally some AoE 2 controller gameplay! Just in time for the release.....tomorrow lol

Seems like a solid UI to me. I have high hopes. 

Looks like Klobrille and I imagine quite a few other content creators have had their hands on the console port, and Klobrille at least, gives the control scheme a thumbs up. Looking forward to how this turns out, and I expect reviews to start coming up first thing in the morning.

Around the Network
Spade said:

Did anyone see any similarities with Highfi Noble and Scalebound? Maximillion or whatever made that comparison and I just don't see it lol. Both action games???? he said something about music and how if scalebound was already released and we saw high fi then we'd say, "we already play that with scalebound". 

That's because back in the day he expected scalebound to be something music related aswell (remember the mc had a headset).

at this point i'll take a $5 giftcard for KFC over any GWG games

Around the Network

Ryuu96 said:

• Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition - 87 on 8 Reviews.
  • Hi-Fi Rush - 90 on 24 Reviews.

GoldenEye 007 only has 2 reviews so far, Lol. Both 80 though.

Not a bad start to the year!

Ryuu96 said:

• Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition - 87 on 8 Reviews.
  • Hi-Fi Rush - 90 on 24 Reviews.

GoldenEye 007 only has 2 reviews so far, Lol. Both 80 though.

Not a bad start to the year!

Honestly, I'd say there is a good chance of both Bethesda and Xbox Game Studios being near the top of Metacritic's 2023 Publisher rankings. Going to be a good year for them both, much like 2021 was a good year for XGS (they came in first and broke the all-time record for highest publisher average in 2021 with an 87.4 average for the year). 

Bethesda is starting off the year strong with a 90 average on HiFi. Next up will be the Xbox port of Ghostwire which will definitely drag their average down somewhat, but if the rumors of a "definitive edition" update alongside the Xbox release are true, it could score above the original PC 77 and PS5 75, maybe around 78-80. Next will be Redfall which is a bit hard to predict, but feels like it should score at least low 80's. Then comes Starfield, and 3 of Bethesda's last 4 singleplayer RPG's were 90+ average, and they have put more than three times as many man hours into Starfield as any of their previous games (7+ years of active development with a partial or full sized dev team, late 2015-Q2 2023, 4+ years of active development with the full sized dev team, late 2019-Q2 2023, and they have more than doubled their studio size since Fallout 4). Bethesda seems like they should at least get an 83-84 average in 2023, possibly as high as 85. 

As for XGS, they are starting off the year strong with an 87 on AoE 2 so far, and what is shaping up to likely be a 77-83 on Goldeneye I'd say. Next up will be Minecraft Legends which seems like an 80+ release to me based on what was shown on the Direct. Next will be Ara presumably, which looks like a very good 4X and could possibly be Oxide's highest rated game yet, above the 81 average they got on Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation. Next after that will probably be AoE 4 Xbox port over the summer, which assuming it's controller UI is the same as AoE 2 Xbox port, should score similarly to the 83 average of the original PC release. Next will be Forza Motorsport, which if you look at the reviews for earlier Forza Motorsport games as well as what was shown on the Developer_Direct, seems like it will at least get an 87 average, maybe higher. Hopefully Xbox can also manage to get Hellblade 2 out this year for a Q4 release, if that does happen I see it scoring above the first Hellblade's 84 average, probably high 80's at least based on what we've seen and heard about the game so far. If all the cards fall into place for Xbox, I could see them at least averaging 83-84 for the year, maybe even 85.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 30 January 2023