By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 18 45.00%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 22 55.00%

Total:40

This is Xbox's year!

I think they'll average in the mid 80s but it'll be hard to top 2021's average.

#1: Microsoft (Xbox Game Studios)

Previous year's rank: 6
Average Metascore for 2021 releases: 87.4
10 scored products (5 distinct titles): 100% good, 0% bad
"Great" games: 3
Total points: 346.0

Metacritic's #1 Publisher of the Year. It is very rare for a publisher to average above 80 for its releases across a single calendar year. But how often does a company average above 85 ? Never... until this year.

Our runaway winner of this year's Publisher of the Year honors, Microsoft certainly published fewer titles in 2021 than it does in a typical year. But what games it did publish were uniformly excellent, making Microsoft the only publisher with a 100% success rate. Three different titles scored 90 or higher (also tops among all publishers): the latest Forza Horizon racer, a sequel to Psychonauts, and the Xbox Series X version of Microsoft Flight Simulator. (Their successes almost make Halo Infinite seem like a disappointment with a mere 87.) Can Microsoft maintain its quality control once Activision Blizzard is welcomed into the fold? Stay tuned.

Around the Network

Jaywood spitting facts.

Ryuu96 said:

Jaywood spitting facts.

While true, you can certainly argue some of these games like Deathloop and Psychonauts 2 were started long before Microsoft had purchased some of the studios.  Did they end up publishing them, yes, but they also had very little to do with them.

rapsuperstar31 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Jaywood spitting facts.

While true, you can certainly argue some of these games like Deathloop and Psychonauts 2 were started long before Microsoft had purchased some of the studios.  Did they end up publishing them, yes, but they also had very little to do with them.

While I agree on Deathloop, Psychonauts 2 would've been a completely different game if it weren't for Microsoft. For the worse I might add. 

Not even the only example. inXile's Wasteland 3, best RPG of the past 5 years imo, got a huge bump in added features because of the purchase. 

Developers have been very vocal about how much more they were able to add to their games because of MS. 

rapsuperstar31 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Jaywood spitting facts.

Correct for Deathloop, but not for Psychonauts 2, according to Tim Schafer, being under Xbox allowed them to delay the project and re-add a lot of cut content including boss fights which were originally cut out entirely.

Around the Network

Zenimax Filed a Trademark for Spyteam in Israel Now

I'm anxious to see how the big AAA exclusives will fair, but I'm excited to see!

Dude.....I would kill for this feature to be on PC!!! Now to port Starcraft and Warcraft @shikamaru317 this would definitely help in times of getting raided if you're playing on controller.

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 30 January 2023

Rumbleverse Reportedly Shutting Down Soon

For the love of God, Xbox, put them (Iron Galaxy) on Killer Instinct.

They haven't had much luck since Killer Instinct =/