By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 13 38.24%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 21 61.76%

Total:34
gtotheunit91 said:

I actually really wanna get the Dead Space Remake! Probably hop into that once I'm done with Hi-Fi Rush.

Same, low-key the reviews got me wanting to pick it up. 

Around the Network

HiFi rush is currently sitting on an 89 critic average, but only 4 scored reviews in so far.

NobleTeam360 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

I actually really wanna get the Dead Space Remake! Probably hop into that once I'm done with Hi-Fi Rush.

Same, low-key the reviews got me wanting to pick it up. 

Yeah, it has even scored 1 point above the original. If it can stay at a 90 average it might just get a GOTY nomination later this year honestly.

Stiff competition in 2023 though, we have alot of new games coming from studios/series that pulled off 90+ reviews in the past including Starfield (3 of the last 4 singleplayer Bethesda games scored 90+), Suicide Squad (Rocksteady got a 90+ average on 2 of their last 3 AAA games), Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (last 3 mainline Zelda games were 90+), and Resident Evil 4 Remake (original Res 4 got a 96 on Gamecube and Res 2 Remake got a 92 average). Meanwhile I'd say that Diablo 4 and Spider-Man 2 also have pretty good chances of being among the GOTY nominees at the end of the year, the previous 2 mainline Diablo games got 89 and 88 respectively, and Diablo 4 so far looks like a better game than 2 or 3, while Spider-Man (2018) got an 87 and the main complaint was the Ubisoft like open world design, so if they fixed the open world design a 90+ is a definite possibility.

gtotheunit91 said:

Starfield's release date POTENTIALLY leaked by a PC game code seller. I always figured one of these sites would mess up. 

Starfield | PC | CDKeys

Please be so!!

We have it on good authority that Starfield's launch date isn't yet set in stone. Speaking to us on condition of anonymity, trusted sources have told us that Starfield is now playable in full from start to finish. The game is truly vast, spanning multiple star systems. As such, the polishing effort is similarly gargantuan in nature. Bethesda's "Creation Engine" games feature spiderwebs of branching narratives, intersecting consequences, and overlapping systems. 

The modularity of the engine allows Bethesda to quite rapidly iterate upon massive, dynamic worlds with complex systems and simulations, but the downside is the potential for bugs. Bethesda games like Fallout 3 and Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim were notorious somewhat for glitches. It stands to reason that Microsoft and Bethesda would prefer Starfield to be as polished as humanly possible, given that it now also carries the weight of Xbox as a platform on its shoulders. 

It remains to be seen whether or not Starfield hits its target launch window of between now and June of 2023. I am personally of the belief that we could see the game slip beyond the summer, with quality efforts ongoing. 

It's paramount that Starfield launches with a high-quality bar, as Xbox looks to once and for all put to bed accusations that it can't deliver "game of the year" contenders among its best Xbox games.

Don't Believe This 'Leaked' Starfield Launch Date | Windows Central

Around the Network

"We know already what we're we're going to be doing in June in our showcase"

"So we're excited about getting to roll into 2023, have the Developer Direct. I felt really good about the games that we were showing. And then also knowing that Starfield is a game that we'd be able to highlight in its own show and then just start off 2023 with good momentum,"

"Our commitment to our fans is that we need to have a steady release of great games that people can play on our platform, and we didn't do enough of that in 2022, there's no doubt," Spencer told IGN. "And fundamentally, that's on me. I'm the head of the business."

Asked whether 2023 is a critical year for Xbox, Spencer said in his typically cagey way "every year is critical." Nevertheless, he also said he feels "good" about Xbox's momentum.

Ryuu96 said:

We have it on good authority that Starfield's launch date isn't yet set in stone. Speaking to us on condition of anonymity, trusted sources have told us that Starfield is now playable in full from start to finish. The game is truly vast, spanning multiple star systems. As such, the polishing effort is similarly gargantuan in nature. Bethesda's "Creation Engine" games feature spiderwebs of branching narratives, intersecting consequences, and overlapping systems. 

The modularity of the engine allows Bethesda to quite rapidly iterate upon massive, dynamic worlds with complex systems and simulations, but the downside is the potential for bugs. Bethesda games like Fallout 3 and Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim were notorious somewhat for glitches. It stands to reason that Microsoft and Bethesda would prefer Starfield to be as polished as humanly possible, given that it now also carries the weight of Xbox as a platform on its shoulders. 

It remains to be seen whether or not Starfield hits its target launch window of between now and June of 2023. I am personally of the belief that we could see the game slip beyond the summer, with quality efforts ongoing. 

It's paramount that Starfield launches with a high-quality bar, as Xbox looks to once and for all put to bed accusations that it can't deliver "game of the year" contenders among its best Xbox games.

Don't Believe This 'Leaked' Starfield Launch Date | Windows Central

Yeah, I figured it was too good to be true. I still got plenty to hold me over throughout the year. 

Xbox is really looking for Starfield to be a game that defines a generation. And rightfully so! 

Phil went to speak to CMA last month and now he's feeling more confident about the deal. 🤔