By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 13 38.24%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 21 61.76%

Total:34

Around the Network

So I was playing Gone Home and wanted to see what other stuff the devs had done and damn. Founder is a toxic misogynistic asshole, they where originally the dev making Open Roads that just launched, his entire staff eventually left and they made Open Roads without his involvement.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

#SaveXbox

Just casually drop the new controller somewhere in there lol 🤞

#SaveXbox

VersusEvil said:

So I was playing Gone Home and wanted to see what other stuff the devs had done and damn. Founder is a toxic misogynistic asshole, they where originally the dev making Open Roads that just launched, his entire staff eventually left and they made Open Roads without his involvement.

It's odd b/c Steve Gaynor isn't in the credits and all credited writers (~10) are split between this story and the 'prototype' one.  In both gameplay and narrative, you can tell it was a messy production to get out of the door.

Around the Network

Based Fallout show frontrunners

G2ThaUNiT said:

Based Fallout show frontrunners

That is why Fallout is better than most of the other recent adaptations. Others like TLOU, Witcher, Rings of Power, and Halo went out of their way to avoid comparisons to the source material and instead made significant changes, they even told the actors on TLOU to not play the games. By comparison Ella Purnell said that she was encouraged to play the games and did play Fallout 4 to prepare. 

Smooth Maximus, real smooth. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 01 May 2024

Seeing as you lot love Jez (for whatever fucking reason) your messiah has spoken;

#SaveXbox

VersusEvil said:

Seeing as you lot love Jez (for whatever fucking reason) your messiah has spoken;

More people in this thread dislike Jez than like him, Lol.

And he already confirmed this is "informed speculation" in a random tweet reply.

Nobody knows what Xbox's full plans are right now and I wish we would stop crystal balling a future years away, Jez often goes on these drunken rambles and has flip flopped multiple times on this issue, he has no consistency. First he started off dooming on Twitter, rocking back and forth in the corner like like a man who had just pissed and shit himself then a week later he was all like "Lul. You're all overreacting, Xbox's multiplatform strategy ain't that bad" which was some nerve after the way he reacted the week before without the full information.

Only a few weeks ago he was saying there's no plans to port *insert exclusive* to PlayStation. This is partly the reason people start to dislike Jez, he has no level of self control and often spirals on Twitter, Xbox fans take every word he says as gospel and he doesn't make explicitly clear what is a strong leak and what is speculation, he knows people take his word as gospel, he knows he has a certain credibility as a journalist tuned into Xbox, he knows because he has straight up said he knows before but he doesn't care about his reputation.

I would love a Xbox device which could sideload Steam but Jez is being Jez again so I'm ignoring this.