By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil Showcase

Resident Evil 4 looks soooooo good.I'll have more to say later after I re-watch the videos. But blocking the chainsaw with the knife (seems to be a new parry system) was pretty dope.

Around the Network

RE4 looks good, but I feel like something is off. Cant really put my finger on it...

I didn't need a remake, but I will be buying it as it looks incredible. In fact I may play through original 4 before Halloween after seeing this.

RE4 looks stupidly good. Parry mechanic too!

The parry mechanic looks intriguing to me because I always liked the option of being able to dodge enemies in RE3.

This however does not look like a parry (because no prompt showed up) but as if the knife is able to deflect enemy melee weapons that theya re still holding.
And that's another interesting change.

Around the Network

Looks good.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Played and beaten the Switch port only two years ago. Graphics, controls and design were all enough to satisfy me, don't feel I need to revisit the game yet

Skipping for now, maybe I'll be playing in future but not in my priority list  

It's a pity it wasn't purely next gen. Curious to how much better could have pushed it. It looked absolutely stunning

The showcase was quite good and I'm pleased with the VR2 mode for RE8.

Funny that so many of the REs are crossgen because of userbase, but for VR they didn't care about putting on PS4 (yes PSVR1 base isn't massive, but PSVR2 is zero at the moment =p).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

My only gripe with the visuals is Louise. Everyone else loosk great, and similar to their original appearance.
But Louise looks very different, and weird with the way he's smiling.