By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Holy Crap at Eternal Sonata pics

I had to link this thread in neogaf with some amazing looking Eternal Sonata pics, I wish I could figure out that Japan account setup thing to play that demo :(

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158538

Most of the characters are lamers but the game looks really good. 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Not bad. Is this a 360 or PS3 game?

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: QuantumTarntno

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play

DonWii said:
Not bad. Is this a 360 or PS3 game?

There is a distinct possibility it will come to PS3 after though, for now it's a 360 exclusive...

There are some indications not for long. 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

The colors in Eternal Sonata are gorgeous. The greens are very rich, and the environments look great. It's weird that the 360 has more JRPGs coming out in the coming months than the PS3 does. This is definitely the oddest generation of consoles ever. I bet all predictions after last gen have been pretty dead wrong.

Around the Network

There are more JRPG's for 360 because Microsoft is throwing their pocketbook around. I am not belittling them for this or anything because this involves the major flaw I saw with the original Xbox, not much variety of games. I doubt the 360 will EVER really take off in Japan, but at least Microsoft is trying to reach out. It will probably help American sales regardless. I don't think Japanese devs will shut out the PS3 though, so expect a lot of timed exclusives.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

It goes to show that MS is REALLY wanting to do whatever is needed to try to get more J-gamers in the bunch. I predicted this before the 360 was out (which is the only reason I even bought a 360 in the first place). Some of the TB pics have the characters with 20,000+ hitpoints, just great :) Considering in the US/PAL we get Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Eternal Sonata, and Culdicept Saga, and Kingdom Under Fire for the 360, I am very very happy. And that doesn't include the western RPG fare.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

ESRB has this game as multiplatform.

It was never confirmed exclusively for 360.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:

ESRB has this game as multiplatform.

It was never confirmed exclusively for 360.

Well, it isn't on the ESRB anymore. They pulled it, so it was possibly a mistake. But, won't ever know until someone makes an announcement.

when the demo came up for this i made a japanese account the same day... the game is super fun to play... the quasi-turnbased gameplay is fun and the animations are good (although the characters kinda skate a bit but its nothing horrible) If the story line is as good as it seems i will definitely pick this up in september. famitsu gave it a 36 btw (9/9/8/10)