By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - NEW Xbox360 bundle (GTA4+Halo3) in Australia

http://www.gameplayer.com.au/Home/NEWS/NEWS/tabid/1482/Default.aspx?CID=4de37460-9923-4c51-9eb0-c9f875e04442

Microsoft launches GTA IV bundle!

Reports flooding in of a counter to Sony’s PS3 bundle.

by: James Cottee 22/04/2008

We’ve received word that Microsoft has come up with a response to Sony’s (still not officially announced) PS3+GTA IV bundle.

Follow the links here and here and you’ll see that bundles are already appearing that include an Xbox 360 console and BOTH Halo 3 and GTA IV.

It seems odd that Microsoft would bother making a bundle for the ‘Arcade’ edition of the console, considering that it doesn’t include a hard drive, and as such won’t support the much-touted upcoming DLC content out of the box.

They probably know what they’re doing, but we have trouble fathoming this decision.

The bundles are not exclusive to that particular online retailer – a mole inside of the department store chain David Jones has also confirmed both bundles are showing up on their distributor website. They’ll retail for $499.95 (Arcade) and $679.95 (Pro).

Both these deals are selling at a huge discount to the recommended retail prices of their constituent parts – Microsoft is basically giving away Halo 3 for free. 

Link :

http://dstore.com.au/games/Xbox-360-Console-Bundle-Arcade-Con-%2B-Halo-3-%2B-GTA-4/2298211.html

Xbox 360 Console Bundle (Arcade Con + Halo 3 + GTA 4) (Xbox 360)

View Large Image
dStore Price:AU $499.95 
 Change your Currency
 Calculate Delivery Costs

http://dstore.com.au/games/Xbox-360-Console-Bundle-Pro-Console-%2B-Halo-3-%2B-GTA-4/2296115.html

Xbox 360 Console Bundle (Pro Console + Halo 3 + GTA 4) (Xbox 360)

View Large Image
dStore Price:AU $679.95 
 Change your Currency
 Calculate Delivery Costs

==> is shams happy now ?

Time to Work !

Around the Network

in the netherlands they gonna have the same bundle with the premium model
(20 gig) + halo3 + gta4

I don't think those are real Microsoft made bundles, which the PS3 / Sony has...Those are just bundles the Retailer has done... As the boxes are normal, compared to the PS3 has its own custom GTA4 BoxArt... unless im seeing things?

Umm, a pro cost bout 525, GTAIV is 100, that means we're paying 55 for Halo 3.. Dumbest deal ever!

On the other hand, with the arcade bundle, you're basically getting Halo 3 for free. So I don't understand why there's a difference in the price like that... ohwell.

Basically, this deal is stupid! If you wanted Halo 3, you would've gotten it already, considering its the game that defines the xbox. You're still paying for GTAIV pretty much, so its not really a bundle... but hey, good on Microsoft for trying anyway.

ps. GO BUY GTAIV WITH A PS3! ~.^

Umm why can't Microsoft just give us a price-drop ...

Here in Australia we are paying WAAAY too much for 360's ... and thats comparing the price to Europe, let alone the US ... so wouldn't fixing the pricing descrepancies be better these crappy bundles ( The Pro pack only saves you like $45 - $50.... )

Around the Network
Tuanniez said:
Umm, a pro cost bout 525, GTAIV is 100, that means we're paying 55 for Halo 3.. Dumbest deal ever!

On the other hand, with the arcade bundle, you're basically getting Halo 3 for free. So I don't understand why there's a difference in the price like that... ohwell.

Basically, this deal is stupid! If you wanted Halo 3, you would've gotten it already, considering its the game that defines the xbox. You're still paying for GTAIV pretty much, so its not really a bundle... but hey, good on Microsoft for trying anyway.

Actually the regular cost of a Pro in Australia is around $575........

That means that GTAIV we pay full price and we get Halo 3, the fastest selling game in Australian history, for free. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

libellule said:

The bundles are not exclusive to that particular online retailer – a mole inside of the department store chain David Jones has also confirmed both bundles are showing up on their distributor website. They’ll retail for $499.95 (Arcade) and $679.95 (Pro).

Both these deals are selling at a huge discount to the recommended retail prices of their constituent parts – Microsoft is basically giving away Halo 3 for free.

==> is shams happy now ?

No, definitely not :(

MS has NOT dropped the "base" price of the units. To a certain degree, I don't care WHAT EXTRAS they include with the package - if its a Pro + 100 disc games for $999 - it just wouldn't interest me.

The arcade *could* drop to $279 or $299 - price matching Europe/US.

A lot of people who are interested in GTA4, have NO interest in Halo3 (most of the "hardcore" Halo fans already have it).

I would much rather a simpler bundle where 360 Arcade Pack + GTA4 for $399.

This bundle may help convince some gamers who would get a PS3 + GTA bundle to get the 360 one instead - but its not going to convince a lot of "on the fence" gamers to jump in and get a 360 - which is what MS should really be doing - NOW.

I am NOT spending $500 on a 3 year old console - with no hard disk, no premium features, no free online. If its going to be a "base level" package - it should be priced as such.

$500 would buy me MK Wii ($80), WiiFit ($150), Okami ($80), GH Wii ($150 + 2 guitars) & Professor Layton (DS).

No sale. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Lol, a GTA Bundle with an Arcade edition. That'll be great for the Download Content ;)
Nonetheless nice bundle.

Just looked up the prices - a 360 Arcade bundle is $279US - this is before any recent price cuts (it could drop to... $199? $229?).

The *current* AU/US exchange rate is an *extremely* high 0.94c (per $US). So $279US --> $296AU.

Add 10% GST --> $339AU. And again, this is BEFORE the most recent set of price cuts.

GTA4 should really be $80AU - and Halo3 should be the same (if not less by now).

Add all these up... and you get $499AU. Which is effectively no discount, and forcing the consumer to pay "full" price for each component.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Tuanniez said:

Er... why would someone get Halo 3 if they don't own an Xbox?