By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGChartz got attacked [IMPORTANT]

Some good news is the site is backed up daily, so we won't need to revert too far back. JLauro and Talon are looking into how the person gained access and to close that. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:

Some good news is the site is backed up daily, so we won't need to revert too far back. JLauro and Talon are looking into how the person gained access and to close that. 

Just a though you probably had too but since the site was rollback. Unless user info / password are kept in a completely separate DB you just rolled back any password change to a day prior which may include Talon's compromised one so it might need to be changed again. 

EpicRandy said:
trunkswd said:

Just a though you probably had too but since the site was rollback. Unless user info / password are kept in a completely separate DB you just rolled back any password change to a day prior which may include Talon's compromised one so it might need to be changed again. 

We haven't rolled the site back yet. At least that I am aware of. I was told that would take several hours. We do plan on keeping Talon banned for now. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

makes me wonder if the attack was from someone who used to use the site, but got perma'd and wanted revenge (though most that do get banned on here just make alts over the yrs and not much else).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Not sure if it helps but I reported all corrupted posts that I found. You guys are doing a great job and your effort is highly appreciated!

Around the Network

Hacker destroyed my old account so I made this new one.

Sega Saturn fan most honest, Can you guess which Miku veriosn on here? She has my birth stone color Turqiouse on her eyes.

Thanks for all the hard work

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

JLauro and Talon are still working through everything. Some bad news is the backups appear to be corrupted, so we might not be able to revert the entire site back. This was not caused by the hacker. 

SegaHeartWink said:

Did you get a verification email to verify this new account? 

trunkswd said:
SegaHeartWink said:

Did you get a verification email to verify this new account? 

Yes.

Sega Saturn fan most honest, Can you guess which Miku veriosn on here? She has my birth stone color Turqiouse on her eyes.