By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - STAR OCEAN: THE DIVINE FORCE demo out! (Thoughts so far. Not completed demo)

A must have title?

Around the Network
mjk45 said:
Pemalite said:

Not really. It makes the characters seem less believable, which in turn impacts the world and thus the story.
Yeah, I know it's also science fiction, but you still need to sell me on the characters being relatable and genuine to some degree.

It's hard (For me) to get invested in something with such a glaring issue.

Plus it's 2022, there are tools in most major game engines these days that allow for facial animations to sync with voices, things don't change if we don't vote with our wallets.

BTW Pem have you looked at the demo and if so any opinion ?

Yeah, on PS5.
The story is what has always given me a degree of "intrigue" with this franchise and that is on full show here.

Visually it's a PS4 level title, some great music and sound bytes.

It honestly could be an incredible franchise if a few niggling issues got resolved rather than carried on from title to title.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

So finally got to it. Combat was enjoyable, need to get to understand the finer points first, so far sound is okay, voice acting better than the last 2 for sure. Animations and designs are dated though. Comes with standard Japanese pacing.

EDIT: Had some frame rate issues. There is s weird bunny thing... you can't pet it.

Last edited by The Fury - on 22 September 2022

Hmm, pie.

I am really enjoying it so far. It is one of my favorite series. I did not enjoy SO5 that much at all. The combat is different but very similar at the same time. Loving the graphics. Yes the models are outdated. I enjoy using Duma and I can't wait to get into crafting.

Pemalite said:
mjk45 said:

BTW Pem have you looked at the demo and if so any opinion ?

Yeah, on PS5.
The story is what has always given me a degree of "intrigue" with this franchise and that is on full show here.

Visually it's a PS4 level title, some great music and sound bytes.

It honestly could be an incredible franchise if a few niggling issues got resolved rather than carried on from title to title.

Thanks for the insight cheers.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

Honestly I loved the demo for Star Ocean: The Divine Force. Yes there are lip sync issues and frame drops, but that's far from a deal breaker when the rest of the game is so fun. I think this will end up being so much better than the disaster that was Integrity and Faithlessness.