By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the XBSX beat the XB1 sales, and how many units it will sell?

How many units will the XBSX sell lifetime?

Under 40M 8 30.77%

40-45M 4 15.38%

45-50M 3 11.54%

50-55M 4 15.38%

55-60M 3 11.54%

60-70M 4 15.38%

70M+ 0 0%

Total:26

I am sticking with my original guess of 70-75 million and recent info has only made me more confident in that guess.

I also think the Series X|S easily clears 10 million consoles fold for the year of 2022

Around the Network
aTokenYeti said:

I am sticking with my original guess of 70-75 million and recent info has only made me more confident in that guess.

I also think the Series X|S easily clears 10 million consoles fold for the year of 2022

Xbox Series X|S is at 5.92M estimated at the end of September. If sales are flat year-over-year that would bring it to 9.78M. Considering sales have been up all year I would think sales this holiday will be up.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Xbox one was a failure on all counts. The marketing was awful, the brand was in shambles. Series has been already more solid and will benefit from the acquisitions later on in the generation. X360 had a stellar performance in the US and i don't think microsoft grew globally to reach thoses numbers again. So i think it's fair to say it might end up at around 70-75 millions imo.

But idk, microsoft seems a lot more aggressive this generation and my pull a lot of cards to boost their install base. Afterall, it's not the profit on the console that they are after but gamepass. So they might sell it at a really low price in the coming years.

VGCharts has The Series X|S at 6,435,351 through October 22. That means they have to sell another 3,564,649 to reach 10 million.

Chicho said:

VGCharts has The Series X|S at 6,435,351 through October 22. That means they have to sell another 3,564,649 to reach 10 million.

Considering 4Q (especially black Friday and after) is generally best quarter of the year, it should do it assuming it's not too constrained by supply.

Around the Network

Nintendo will probably get the biggest holiday bump, but I think this will be the first Q4 that xbox x isn't severely supply constrained.

Tracking better than 360 over its entire life, and with Bethesda and likely ABK I don't think that will ever not be true - so I say beating 360 by at least 5m units will be easy.

That said - the economy is what it is recently and for the foreseeable future BUT they have Series 1 S, so...

SKMBlake said:

Well there is no appetite for Xbox console, MS had the clever idea of putting 2 different machines on the same time on the market, having the lackluster cheaper one more available than the most interesting one, while the direct competitor sells everything it produces in seconds after almost 2 years.

lol wut

I mean, I really don't understand posting like this.

It's so ridiculous and so over the top, you hope it's a troll - like a Nintendo or Xbox fanboy pretending so PS fans look worse, or something.

BAN (5 Days): Several posts needlessly attacking users on a fairly new account

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 26 February 2023

VGCharts has The Series X|S at 9491372 through December 10. That means they have to sell another 508628 in the last three weeks of December to reach 10 million. I think they did that.

Chicho said:

VGCharts has The Series X|S at 9491372 through December 10. That means they have to sell another 508628 in the last three weeks of December to reach 10 million. I think they did that.

At the end, they didn't, Trunks latest estimates put the Series X/S around 9.7-9.8 million