By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Gamer's Nexus: EVGA terminates NVIDIA partnership

WHOA, WHAT?!? I don't have a chance right now to watch the video, but any reason as to why???

Around the Network

Absolutely crazy. 80% of Evga's revenue was from selling Nvidia GPUs but it certainly sounds like working with Nvidia is not easy what so ever.

But it also sounds like they aren't going to work with AMD or Intel either. So it could just be the CEO wants to retire with maximum profits they could make.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I think they will navigate towards Intel/AMD... And I think both will reach out to EVGA and offer a deal.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Sucks.. EVGA has legendary consumer friendly GPU warranties and customer support.. all my last 5 gpus bought were EVGA. Pricing was good, cards were rock solid.. wtf..

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

Around the Network

Just for completion, Jay C 2 Cents was also at the meeting with EVGA, here's his point of view:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12Hcbx33Rb4

While Steve is more balanced between NVidia and EVGA, Jay pins it much more on NVidia with experiences he had with board partner's frustrations (not just EVGA) over NVidia over the last dozen years or so. 

Pemalite said:

I think they will navigate towards Intel/AMD... And I think both will reach out to EVGA and offer a deal.

They'll have to if they don't want to lose more than half of their business. But it doesn't look like they're going to make a move anytime soon. Which is sad, considering they'd have much more leeway and negotiating power with either of those compared to NVidia.

If they'll go AMD, then Sapphire and PowerColor would get some big competition.

They started making AMD Mobos last year, might be a good stopgap with a new generation coming soon now since GPUs are off the table for the moment.

Captain_Yuri said:

The only reason I can think of for EVGA not looking elsewhere is the board or the CEO are delusional enough to believe that they are so important and  Nvidia's need for them is so strong that they don't need to explore other options since Nvidia will obviously offer them way better terms than anyone else could to come back.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mjk45 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

The only reason I can think of for EVGA not looking elsewhere is the board or the CEO are delusional enough to believe that they are so important and  Nvidia's need for them is so strong that they don't need to explore other options since Nvidia will obviously offer them way better terms than anyone else could to come back.

Could be but I think it comes down to them not wanting to be in the GPU space all together. I think if they wanted to continue in the GPU space, they would have stayed Nvidia regardless of all that has come out because Nvidia has 80% of the total GPU market share of which Evga sold around 40% of the NA GPU sales. Them going AMD which barely can keep 20% of the total GPU market share and Intel which is less than 1% probably won't do them any good. It's like going from a high volume, low margin with Nvidia to going to low volume low margin with AMD.

I think it's good to remember that no one buys Nvidia because EVGA, people buy EVGA because Nvidia first and brand second and I think what EVGA has done as what Linus said is keep the gate open in case they do want to come back. Because the last thing any company wants is to be like XFX that really pissed off Nvidia and now is battling for scraps by being forced to go exclusively AMD.

Captain_Yuri said:
mjk45 said:

Could be but I think it comes down to them not wanting to be in the GPU space all together. I think if they wanted to continue in the GPU space, they would have stayed Nvidia regardless of all that has come out because Nvidia has 80% of the total GPU market share of which Evga sold around 40% of the NA GPU sales. Them going AMD which barely can keep 20% of the total GPU market share and Intel which is less than 1% probably won't do them any good. It's like going from a high volume, low margin with Nvidia to going to low volume low margin with AMD.

I think it's good to remember that no one buys Nvidia because EVGA, people buy EVGA because Nvidia first and brand second and I think what EVGA has done as what Linus said is keep the gate open in case they do want to come back. Because the last thing any company wants is to be like XFX that really pissed off Nvidia and now is battling for scraps by being forced to go exclusively AMD.

I agree your post makes more sense, my concern is the mixed messaging, I can see them not wanting to be in the GPU space altogether even though it doesn't leave them with much else, but companies in that position usually either sell the whole business or if they see the rest of the business being the way forward they divest the part they no longer care about, in this case it seems to be neither option since they don't seem interested in trying to promote their value, instead they seem content to sit in some kind of weird holding pattern without any real clarity as to why, so in the end just like my life it is for the future to decide whether or not we see any form of lucidity regarding the matters of today or in my case lucidity regarding any day past or present.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 17 September 2022

The fact that instead of my usual off the cuff replies, I have given almost 3 seconds of thought to this should show you I'm serious when i tell you that Sony is behind this, also saying this info comes from a source who is handsome and he/she/its VGChartz profile has 3 letters and two numbers in it should be enough to verify he/ she/ its credentials as someone who is not just a central figure in the world of rumour and innuendo but is the King of outright lying meaning he/she/it is never wrong since contrary to popular belief history isn't written by the winners but by the best liars.

I have digressed enough he/she/it says Sony have set this up to demonstrate that NVidia has to much power and to show that while at the moment  Microsoft may be  NVidia minus the N V d one i and an a, the day Microsoft own Activision/Blizzard they will gain all those missing letters thus they can become NVidia and so are to powerful.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 18 September 2022