By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If Sony acquires all Japanese 3rd party acquisition , Nintendo will still beat Playstation in Japan?

Yes, but they also sold 1.5+ Billion games outside japan with the PS4.

Around the Network

mmmm It would be hard to say... Nintendo has IP so powerfull in Japan like Pokemon, Animal crossing, and now Splatoon... (That only in 3 days sold 3,45M WTF). So it still will be healthy in the country. BUT, Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest, and Final Fantasy still are High rated IP in japan...

I Say Yes 70%
No 25%
Can't sure 5%

No, they already have many of the biggest Japanese titles practically exclusive on their console in Japan. Mainline Final Fantasy games, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry and it does little for them. Only Monster Hunter could make a real dent.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

I see a lot of people on other sites that are saying Sony needs to buy companies like square enix in order to "retake" Japan

I  remember saying, "square enix is pretty much in bed with sony already and it isn't helping, the only way for Sony to take Japan is for them to buy Nintendo."

Kneetos said:

I see a lot of people on other sites that are saying Sony needs to buy companies like square enix in order to "retake" Japan

I  remember saying, "square enix is pretty much in bed with sony already and it isn't helping, the only way for Sony to take Japan is for them to buy Nintendo."

There are 16 Nintendo Switch games published by Square Enix in 2021-2022.

but yeah, they are in bed with Sony 

Around the Network
kazuyamishima said:
Kneetos said:

There are 16 Nintendo Switch games published by Square Enix in 2021-2022.

but yeah, they are in bed with Sony 

Geez, that's a lot.

They just like taking checks from Sony for Final Fantasy exclusivity and some other games.

To fight M$ and Tencent all Japan should Potara fusion.