By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's live service push - how do you feel about it, what would you like to see?

Sony so far is off to a rocky start on their live-service ventures with GT7. Technically sound game, poor live service, but has improved since launch. Story of every live service it seems lol.

As long as Sony delivers an on-par day 1 experience on their live service games going forward, then they'll be fine. I do wonder if they'll continue to be premium priced games, like GT7, or if some, like the upcoming TLoU multiplayer game will be FTP?

They may have purchased Bungie for their live-service expertise, but ever since they left Microsoft, smooth day 1 launches with a lot of content has not been in Bungie's forte. They've always had to dig themselves out of a rut to the point their games are good, on top of taking advantage of every monetization model in the books, and then some. So I'll be cautiously optimistic.

Around the Network

This screams Killzone MP. I would also like a return of Folklore world like a living world like Genshin.

Last but not least, MAG. This game was ahead of it's time and way better than anything out there on how the maps would affect gameplay if certain conditions are met.

Well in terms of single player games Sony has nailed it, multiplayer exclusives are basically non existent (or not good at all), so it will be nice to see perhaps Killzone making a comeback and more variety overall in PS 1st party portfolio. I just hope the micro transactions are purely cosmetic only.