By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Homeworld 3 NEW Trailer!

Tagged games:

Gamescom 2022 has showcased a new trailer to one of my all time favorite gaming series.

Homeworld 3 is due to release in 2023 for Steam and Epic Games Store.

This is my most anticipated game and it looks like it is taking off where it left off. 

Added IGN's extended Gameplay

This game is looking amazing. Cannot wait. Hope it comes out polished. It has a lot to live up to.

Last edited by Azzanation - on 17 September 2022

Around the Network

Also one of my most anticipated games from one of my favorite game series.

Can't. Freaking. Wait.

They have kept true to the original duo of games, from the visual cues to the audio cues.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:

Can't. Freaking. Wait.

They have kept true to the original duo of games, from the visual cues to the audio cues.

Its such a great series with amazing lore. Its a shame not many gamers know about it.

Last edited by Azzanation - on 25 August 2022

looks interesting.

Azzanation said:
Pemalite said:

Can't. Freaking. Wait.

Its such a grear series with amazing lore. Its a shame not many gamers know about it.

Sadly that goes for a lot of PC exclusives that had no releases for over a decade... An entire generation just never got to experience it or hear about it.

Mention something like Freespace, StarCraft or Command And Conquer to these newer gamers and they won't have a clue what you are talking about as it doesn't have Fortnite/Minecraft/Roblox stamped on it. Makes you feel old.

Around the Network

Never got into the series before, but I think that may have been a mistake on my part. When I get a new rig and a more epic display, this would fit nicely.

Mummelmann said:

Never got into the series before, but I think that may have been a mistake on my part. When I get a new rig and a more epic display, this would fit nicely.

90% off the Homeworld Series on Steam, just saying

Pemalite said:
Azzanation said:

Its such a grear series with amazing lore. Its a shame not many gamers know about it.

Sadly that goes for a lot of PC exclusives that had no releases for over a decade... An entire generation just never got to experience it or hear about it.

Mention something like Freespace, StarCraft or Command And Conquer to these newer gamers and they won't have a clue what you are talking about as it doesn't have Fortnite/Minecraft/Roblox stamped on it. Makes you feel old.

Now that you mention it, a lot of the main series of RTS games had their last releases a decade or more ago, except for SC II's last expansion and the recent AoE IV. C&C's last title was 2010, SCII's original release was also 2010, and AoE III was like 2008?.

Kinda blows me mind sometimes with just how sparse RTS releases have had within the past 10 yrs. Over the past decade we have had a slew, but the majority of them were either indie RTS or hit n' misses. 

I hope this means the genre is coming back, renaissance style. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Azzanation said:
Mummelmann said:

90% off the Homeworld Series on Steam, just saying

Hey! Thanks for the tip!

Chazore said:
Pemalite said:

Now that you mention it, a lot of the main series of RTS games had their last releases a decade or more ago, except for SC II's last expansion and the recent AoE IV. C&C's last title was 2010, SCII's original release was also 2010, and AoE III was like 2008?.

Kinda blows me mind sometimes with just how sparse RTS releases have had within the past 10 yrs. Over the past decade we have had a slew, but the majority of them were either indie RTS or hit n' misses. 

I hope this means the genre is coming back, renaissance style. 

Go back to the late 90's/early 2000's we were getting a new RTS every month it felt like... Dark Reign, Age of Empires, StarCraft, Total Annihilation, Battlezone, Sacrifice, Command and Conquer, Homeworld, Warhammer, Dungeon Keeper, Dune, WarCraft, The Settlers, Anno, Stronghold, Black and White, Age of Mythology... Even average titles like Earth 2150, Warzone 2100, Machines, KKND, Populous and more...

Titles like Allegiance that didn't sell well, eventually got a Cult following and is now supported by volunteers rather than Microsoft itself for patching, improvements and more. (Thanks to MS giving out the source.)

I felt like even the 7th gen consoles had more RTS releases than 8th gen as they got Halo Wars, Red Alert 3+Commanders Challenge and Supreme Commander which were all solid in their own right.

Now the main names in the game are Age of Empires and StarCraft, but their popularity is nowhere near the great heights in gaming that they used to be... StarCraft 2 imploded and went free to play.
Age of Empires has made a comeback thanks to Microsoft caring about PC gaming again.

Still my favorite genre though, looking forward to Company of Heroes 3, the Beta didn't feel like a successor to the original game which I adored (And is the reason why I bought the Logitech G19 keyboard back in the day with a built in colour screen), but hopefully they take the criticisms onboard and we get a better game for it... And of course Homeworld 3.

As a Genre it's definitely waned and FPS has taken over... Or it's my rose tinted glasses doing the talking. :P

There was nothing like dialing your modem into your neighbours modem in the 90's to play a game of Age of Empires or StarCraft with a group of mates sitting behind and watching intently. Great fun. I'm old.