By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Saints Row review scores (OC 65)/ (MT 67)

Sad state of affairs, Saints Row was quite enjoyable.

This saddens me even more (DF review)
As it stands now, the 1440p high FPS mode is the best of a bad bunch, and works well enough with a VRR display.

Just as I feared, VRR as a crutch to mitigate unstable fps. None of all the modes can maintain a locked 60 fps and there's no 30 fps cap option. One to avoid.

More crucially, the five modes offered on PS5 and Series X do add flexibility to tailor the experience, but fundamentally this is a DIY approach to optimising a game. It hands responsibility to the end user, and no option is really 100 percent ideal.

Play it on PC, don't bother with the console version, no point.

Around the Network

Is this similar to daysgone were the reviewers shat on the game cause of the bugs, but ended up being a classic 10 months later?

The GTA killer, right there...

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

KratosLives said:

Is this similar to daysgone were the reviewers shat on the game cause of the bugs, but ended up being a classic 10 months later?

this is Agents of Mayhem scoring, while i had fun with it that amounts to a 15 euro buy tops

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

shikamaru317 said:

Man, seeing the collapse of Volition and the Saints Row franchise sure is depressing. Saints Row reboot has been 7 years in the making with their A team and it is getting lower reviews than their previous game developed by their B team, Agents of Mayhem, which as we all know, flopped hard (we're talking $5 in a bargain bin in less than a year flop). After 2 big flops in a row, I won't be surprised at all if Embracer closes the studio. 

Volition only has themselves to blame for their demise though, they could have gone with the reboot of the series with the main cast that one of Gat out of Hell's endings teased, or followed up on the time-travel ending of Saints Row 4, but instead they gave us this reboot with an all-new cast that everybody hates, and then self-censored themselves with things like the removal of the series mainstay dildo bat and name changes to Rim Jobs and Freckle Bitches. Now we're seeing reviews with titles like "Grand Theft Adequate", because they drained away the soul of the franchise and went back to making mid tier GTA clones.

I may have to go drown my sorrows with a 3rd replay of Saints Row 3 or a 5th replay of Saints Row 4. 

So did this game sell poorly?

Around the Network
KratosLives said:

Days Gone got higher ratings. The bugs aren't the only complaints with Saints Row.

konnichiwa said:

Reviews are coming in:

Hardcore Gamer 3/5
Kinda Funny 2/5

WokeGamer 10/10

This tells me all I need to know.
Some gastly place named "WokeGamer" lolwut? (who even is that?) gives it a 10/10, while respectable places give it much lower scores.

*edit: nvm seems it was a joke.

smroadkill15 said:
Kakadu18 said:

It's apparently very buggy and broken, otherwise it would be probably at least a 70 metascore instead of the 63 it got for the PS5 version.

That seems to be one of the biggest issues. ACG said he had to reload the game 21 times which would be a deal breaker for a lot of people interested. 

You get anywhere near 21 reloads, and your only right to demand money back.
At that point, the pos isnt working as intended.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 24 August 2022

KratosLives said:

The reverse? Days Gone got hated on because, there were outspoken women, who hated the langague of the game, and claimed that it was sexist. They guilt tripped reviewers, into giveing it low scores for it.  It legit got lower scores than it deserved because of that.

Granted yes, it also had some bugs at launch. That were mostly fixed not long after launch.

SegaHeart said:

This is more like Crackdown 3 type of scores on Open critic. Not Days gone

^ this.